Largest Sports Contracts in History - All Sports -

What's interesting are the contracts that expired more than ten years ago.. Like Griffey.

Or even Garnett.. who's contract expired 13 years ago.. and he's still up there.

Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Oscar that are still playing, Tevez would make the 5 when he was in China, and there are one or two others who are on more than Bale.
Okay, but show me. What are their biggest contract that they signed from their teams? As in X Total Guaranteed money for X Years. Don't just tell me names silly.

Example: Stanton's contract is 325 Million. 13 years. Guaranteed money.
Do that with them and contribute to the thread.

Okay, but show me. What are their biggest contract that they signed from their teams? As in X Total Guaranteed money for X Years. Don't just tell me names silly.

Example: Stanton making 325 Million. 13 years. Guaranteed money.
Google those "silly names" and look for yourself, instead of taking this wiki shit as fact

Baseball gets alot of money because there's so many moments of non-action and opportunities to show advertising. That's partially why sports like soccer are harder for tv markets, few random breaks to hawk shit. Baseball is like the perfect game because there's like 30 minutes of action but the games last 2-3 hours.

NFL also. They mostly huddle around and plays are quick and done.

Thanks to that revenue increase and salary cap explosion that has occurred over the past two years.. and will continue for another year or so. All of those max contracts are getting ridiculous.. guy making $40 mil a year.
who is your av

Looks to me like about 10% of those contracts turned out to be worth the purchase.

CANelo gonna be loading up on Tainted Tacos (Meat) to make sure he is primed for making the big money. Oscar paying off judges, NSAC to ensure CANelo keeps winning even when he loses and his tainted meat scandals are brushed away.

Looks to me like about 10% of those contracts turned out to be worth the purchase.
There are a lot of bad ones. I immediately scrolled down to see where Chris Davis was.

Google those "silly names" and look for yourself, instead of taking this wiki shit as fact
I don't think you understand what you're taking about. The thread is about the largest contracts in sports history. None of the Kickball players you mentioned come anywhere close to the top of the list because of the contract length. There's a difference between 2 years $100 million and 13 years $350 million. Which of those contracts are larger ?

I don't think you understand what you're taking about. The thread is about the largest contracts in sports history. None of the Kickball players you mentioned come anywhere close to the top of the list because of the contract length. There's a difference between 2 years $100 million and 13 years $350 million. Which of those contracts are larger ?
<FookIsThatGuy>
No, it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about, I give zero fucks about fuckin netball, or how much they get paid, I was making the point, the only football/soccer player on the list, isn't the best paid or has ever had the best contract in that sport

<FookIsThatGuy>
No, it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about, I give zero fucks about fuckin netball, or how much they get paid, I was making the point, the only football/soccer player on the list, isn't the best paid or has ever had the best contract in that sport
Are you gonna show us the biggest contracts in dive grass or just keep making bullshit claims?

My kids are getting a glove and bat on their first birthday.

Are you gonna show us the biggest contracts in dive grass or just keep making bullshit claims?

Neymar's contract, for example, was reported as £500k per week AFTER TAX. He signed a 5 year deal, so that works out as £130,000,000 ($166,619,275) AFTER TAX.

French tax is 50%.

There is no obligation to release details of contracts, so I assume this is why there are no football/soccer players on the list.

Also contracts are treated very differently in US sports than in football/soccer. It's a rarity that a contract is seen out in full......more often than not the player will sign an extension or get sold when approaching the last 2 years.

Last edited:
There are some F1 and soccer guys on the list.....

Michael Schumacher
Kimmi Raikonnen
Gareth Bale

But I agree, it seems there should be more...
Lewis Hamilton has a massive contract doesn't he?

Ronaldo/Messi etc should be top 20.

How are guys like messi and cr7 not on this list? Maybe i didnt read the OP

Why is James harden in there twice?

Example: Stanton's contract is 325 Million. 13 years. Guaranteed money.

Are the MLB/NBA/NFL contract numbers estimates or do they actually release the true numbers ?
AFAIK soccer contracts and the salaries don't get publicly released. Most of the numbers are are just speculation.

There is no obligation to release details of contracts, so I assume this is why there are no football/soccer players on the list.

It's clearly that and they're regularly renegotiated and extended.

Wasn't Beckam something like $250 mill for a 5 year deal at LA Galaxy too?

99 on that list is $113 mill over 5 years so in football terms thats $435k a week on a 5 year contract.
Ronaldo just took a pay cut and signed a signed a $650k a week 4 year deal so that's a $135 mill contract and not on the list. He was on a lot more at Real but that's also not on the list.

Another thing Canelo will never get that $350 mill. DAZN won't be able to afford it and they'll go bust. They charge $10 a month so to get the $350 mill in over 5 years that's $10 x 12 x 5 = $600 per subscription so they need 350 mill / 600 = 583k subscribers just to pay for that 1 deal. They have other overheads, rights deals etc and probably borrowing, employees etc... so the real number they'd need is much higher than that and that's just for 1 contract. They're going bust or the reported contract amount is bullshit. What about the money for the opponent too? Does that come out of the $350 mill or are they fighting for free?

Back