Lara's Advice for Golovkin: Can't Beat Canelo by Decision in Vegas

On a side note: Is it just me or is the GGG-Canelo undercard utter TRASH?

Even that garbage May-Mac event had a strong card on paper, with multiple title fights & prospects.

Does De La Hoya's son really need to take up that third fight slot?
And a fight between some Joseph Diaz and Jorge Lara, who I'm assuming are going to be the next stars Golden Boy's bout to push once they get their name out there that night.

Couldn't they get some foreign champs? Tired of them JUST pushing Mexicans.
And they got 2 women's fights on the prelims. 3 of them with TRASH records.
I think its OK, just not really any big names. Some decent matchups. Lara vs Diaz is a good fight. De la Hoya is not Oscar's son and he's taking a step up.

I think Canelo has all the right tools to beat Golovkin in theory but the one thing every single fighter seems to struggle with once they get on the ring with GGG is the ridiculous pace he forces you to fight at. He may not throw a lot of punches but the way he cuts the ring it's literally like you have a piece of rope attached to him for 12 rounds, he pressures you even without throwing punches because you never know what's coming.

I think Canelo will start out real well, doing fancy head movement, maybe even throw a shoulder roll here and there and will wow the crowd, will also land some big counters. Then reality will sink in and he will start to get tired. I think he needs to land something big early to make a dent or else he is going to be in trouble.

I have no favorite in this fight but I can't seem Canelo doing well in the later rounds of this fight. If Golovkin has a great performance then he might even land something early in the fight and Canelo could be out of there sooner than expected.

Has anyone watched the canelo Laura fight recently without bias?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back