Lara-Williams Eliminator to Become Charlo's WBC Mandatory

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The WBC will allow Jermell Charlo to make another voluntary defense of its 154-pound title in his next fight.

At its annual convention in Kiev, Ukraine, the WBC voted Wednesday to afford Charlo the chance to make a second straight optional defense against an opponent to be determined. If Houston’s Charlo wins his next fight, he will be obligated to make a mandatory defense in his following fight against the winner of an elimination match between Erislandy Lara and Julian Williams.

The WBC also ordered the Lara-Williams bout at its convention Wednesday.

erislandy-lara%20(7)_2.jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/lara-williams-eliminator-become-charlos-wbc-mandatory--132404

Go away Lara.

I hope this thread dies just like I hope talks of Lara fighting ever again will die.

Go away Lara.

I hope this thread dies just like I hope talks of Lara fighting ever again will die.

but why?

i don't get the lara hate. his fights are as exciting as his opponents. if you come after him, it will be a great fight (like with hurd or canelo). if you stand back, it will be a staring contest.

but why?

i don't get the lara hate. his fights are as exciting as his opponents. if you come after him, it will be a great fight (like with hurd or canelo). if you stand back, it will be a staring contest.
Once in a while his fights are exciting, usually when he loses.

Once in a while his fights are exciting, usually when he loses.
he finished foreman, he demolished zavec... i'm not saying he's exciting, but he isn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

and both the canelo and hurd fight were really close, so it's not like he's only in an exciting fight if he's getting his ass kicked.

he finished foreman, he demolished zavec... i'm not saying he's exciting, but he isn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

and both the canelo and hurd fight were really close, so it's not like he's only in an exciting fight if he's getting his ass kicked.
He's been involved in some of the worst TV fights of the past decade.

Back