Lando Vannata vs. Gilbert Burns Added to UFC on FOX 29 in Arizona

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Nice to see Lando get a fight lined up, but unfortunately against a nobody who won't do anything for his ranking...

I like Lando, but I never saw "ranking" and a 1-2-1 guy's name in same sentence.

I like Lando, but I never saw "ranking" and a 1-2-1 guy's name in same sentence.
The LW division is currently ranked from 1 - 95

...& everyone knowz Groovy won the Green fight.

l@nd0

YN3sZOP.jpg

GREATEST PICTURE OF ALL TIME.

Lando via groove and footwork. Burns will gas in 2 minutes only trying to follow Lando with his eyes.

Fight might not be on. Groovy posted an instagram that said something like... "I heard a rumor that I was fighting Burns... is it true?"

It stayed up for a day & then he deleted it... so I wouldn't count on that fight being a reality till we hear something more on it.

Edit: Looks like the fight is "verbally agreed upon" (as of yesterday) but the contract has not been signed... so it still looks good, but it's not official.

Last edited:
Nice to see Lando get a fight lined up, but unfortunately against a nobody who won't do anything for his ranking...
Gilbert Burns is a nobody?? Hes one of the best bjj guys in the UFC and has better wins than Lando. Dude has a submission of the night win over Alex Oliveira and is coming off a one punch KO win.

Rooting 4 lando like the rest of you but yall are sleeping on burns, he's a good fighter. I got lando but it wont be easy and frankly he's going to have a shorter ufc run than justin gaethje if he keeps fighting that way.

Gilbert Burns is a nobody?? Hes one of the best bjj guys in the UFC and has better wins than Lando. Dude has a submission of the night win over Alex Oliveira and is coming off a one punch KO win.

OK, I'm not going to pretend I know everyone on a 400+ fighter roster so my bad for calling him that, but what I meant is that a win over him doesn't really raise Lando's profile with the media, who generate the rankings.

Fight might not be on. Groovy posted an instagram that said something like... "I heard a rumor that I was fighting Burns... is it true?"

It stayed up for a day & then he deleted it... so I wouldn't count on that fight being a reality till we hear something more on it.
Ahh, Fak

OK, I'm not going to pretend I know everyone on a 400+ fighter roster so my bad for calling him that, but what I meant is that a win over him doesn't really raise Lando's profile with the media, who generate the rankings.
This is mostly true, as Burns is ranked 5 spots below Groovy... but it might bump him up a notch or 2 just cause it's a W.

Also consider that Groovy's stock will go way way up as a result of this fight if we get to see some sic scramblez, & Groovy dealz with his BJJ well... or even submits him! :eek:

So there'z 2 wayz to look at it imo.

Well, that was a couple of days ago that Groovy posted that... & it is true that the contracts aren't signed... but Gilbert said on MMA hour yesterday that both fighters have verbally agreed to the fight. So that's promising. Sorry I didn't see that before posting this morning.

Gilbert got a picture of Groovy on his Twitter main page... & made a instagram post like the fight was on... So it's looking good, but Groovy hasn't said anything about it yet since his elusive instagram.

The dude that has won one like 1 out of 4 in the UFC sucks.

To each their own. Colby, Usman, and Theodorou can win 15 straight, and I would not care. Lando brings it, win, lose, or draw.

One thing I will say, is Lando isn't shirking tough fights a single bit. Even Makdessi is a killer on his day.

I will slightly favour him here. Vannata, UD.

To each their own. Colby, Usman, and Theodorou can win 15 straight, and I would not care. Lando brings it, win, lose, or draw.
Who gives a fuck about Theodorou? He is easily one of the worst fighters on the roster. There is a reason why the UFC isn't giving him a step up, lol.

Back