Lame Gym

Ilk

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I have started running as noted in my prev thread. Now I got access to a lame hotel fitnes with no free weights. The only useful tool I can see is a Smith machine on which I can do some squads, bench press and military press variation but no dead lifts. The rest of the tools are for curls and isolation. So help me out on what should I do to get some strenthg training going on.

You can do plenty with a smith machine. It isn't ideal, of course, but doing squats, romanian deadlifts, bench, press, hip thrust in a smith machine is better than not doing them. Also unilateral movements. Yo can also do pullups and inverted rows in it. So... more than enough.

What are your goals though? If you just want to be fit and in good shape you can likely accomplish that with very limited tools. My buddy works out with a set of those Bowflex interchangeable dumbells and some resistance bands and he's in good shape.

Ye good shape but adding some strenght in the main 4 is the main goal. I cant deadlift on the Smith as it is set up too high to get some good form.

I wanted also to have a well balanced body but I am afraid if not doing dead lifts I will have my hams weak. Please advice or I am too worried?

Ye good shape but adding some strenght in the main 4 is the main goal. I cant deadlift on the Smith as it is set up too high to get some good form.

I wanted also to have a well balanced body but I am afraid if not doing dead lifts I will have my hams weak. Please advice or I am too worried?

For the time being do lunges and Romanian deads

Do you live in a hotel? Is this the only gym you have access to?

If all I had access to was a Smith Machine and bw exercises, and I was just interested in general fitness, I'd do some combo of the following:

Squat
Split Squat
Inverted Row
Pull-up
Push-up variations
Shrugs
Seated OHP

Or I would just buy a used pair moderate weight d-bells, a chin bar in the doorway, and improvise.

Ye I live in a hotel in a small winter resort. There is no access to a better gym. All of them are lame hotel gyms without a single bar to put some weight on and work with.

I decided for the time being out of a MMA gym to work on some strength and endurance. I got a lot of explanation in my previous topic how to build a starting cardio with some roadwork.

However cant figure it out how to put some strenght on the bench squad deadlift and military press with my current gym set up.

I was thinking perhaps work on some explosiveness perhaps with body weight, dumbells and plyos.

Sprints and jumps are underrated imo.

Ye I live in a hotel in a small winter resort. There is no access to a better gym. All of them are lame hotel gyms without a single bar to put some weight on and work with.

I decided for the time being out of a MMA gym to work on some strength and endurance. I got a lot of explanation in my previous topic how to build a starting cardio with some roadwork.

However cant figure it out how to put some strenght on the bench squad deadlift and military press with my current gym set up.

I was thinking perhaps work on some explosiveness perhaps with body weight, dumbells and plyos.

You live at a winter resort??? Hill sprints, load up a backpack with something heavy and haul it up the mountain (take a plastic garbage bag with you and slide down when you're finished).

deadlift the cardio machines. You can try to deadlift the smith machine too, but it's probably bolted down and no offense, but I dont think youre strong enough to pull it out.

deadlift the cardio machines. You can try to deadlift the smith machine too, but it's probably bolted down and no offense, but I dont think youre strong enough to pull it out.
You don't have to be strong to pull out, just takes willpower and timing.

Well any strength training is better than none. It would always be better to do machine lifts while you look for a better alternative. That would be my suggestion. I travel a lot, so I miss a lot of days at work and in often left with just a hotel gym. One or two months won't kill your gains, you have to think long term.

Your numbers equate to a fat chick, if you can find one.....maybe you can squat her.........

Back