Lake Monsters and Sea Serpents

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Soul Crusher, Mar 6, 2018.

1. weich

weich Silver Belt

That's the type of shit they caught on the show River Monsters, and I agree that it does count as a river monster. It's an amazing animal. As much fun as it would be to have dinosaurs lurking around in lakes or jungles, I just don't think they exist. There are very few large creatures that haven't changed in 66 million years.

Green Poncho and Pferd like this.
  2. mcveteran81

mcveteran81 Veteran Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

I'm sure the smithsonian does a good job of taking away pesky things like burial remains as well ;)

My best bet is that Fukushima is going to produce some Godzilla(s) in the future that's for sure.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    D Train likes this.
  3. 90 50

90 50 Black Belt

We are always finding “new” shit on this planet.

Things either unknown or thought long lost exctinct animals.

The thing about nessy and champ etc is that they are all along the same lateral lines, so the best theory is these giant sea creatures come inland every so often to bread or have young.

It’s thought that there are underground trenches leading out into the ocean of LOCH ness.

D Train likes this.
  4. BearGrounds

BearGrounds A great many scalps.

On the frontier, west of the Hudson river.
    "Yet for all of our reliance on the ocean, 95 percent of this realm remains unexplored, unseen by human eyes."

Read the link next time. This is according to your own overlords. You know, those people you talked about having a "fucking education".

No, he didn't claim it was from the trench. He specifically states otherwise. Pay attention. And it's an irregular sleeper shark, because it puts to shame the verified max for that species.

52hz whale was never located, never discovered.

mcveteran81 likes this.
  5. BearGrounds

Any account where prints are present, upright bears are easily discounted.

6. jgarner

jgarner Red Belt

These people also don't have a peer reviewed study for that ridiculous claim. If you think science means blindly believing whatever bullshit someone says without going your own due diligence, then that explains why you say stupid shit.

Holy fuck retard. The claim that this sleeper shark is a "record size" comes from the fabrication that it was taken in the Marina Trench and the cage length was 10' long. That entire fucking story is not true, because the cage wasn't that size and it wasn't taken in the trench. It was taken in a bay with a common sized sleeper shark.

Talk about paying attention, you have no fucking idea what you're even trying to defend.

7. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Guppies exposed to radiation

8. BearGrounds

The experts over at the NOAA say stupid shit, according to @jgarner. Got it. Lol.

No, it doesn't. The estimation of 23ft comes from Eugenie Clark, a scientist. The largest verified size is 14ft.

mcveteran81 likes this.
  9. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

Not everyone has their phone out ready to film it. Not really the best idea too when out on the lake.

Search youtube for "phones found in the river". I didn't think that many were being dropped into the water.

Sometimes you only get a narrow window of opportunity. They're not always at the surface or near the shore ready to get their picture taken. There's only a handful of sightings each year so I don't know where you're getting this daily idea from.

Some of the ones I posted aren't sketchy at all.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Flat out deniers were to be expected.

10. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Gold Belt

tbh, this happens every time with threads like this... the hard core skeptics come in here and say, "GOD HOW CAN YOU GUYS BELIEVE THIS STUPID SHIT!!!???" and then they hijack the threads.

mcveteran81 likes this.
  11. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

I have posted a few crystal clear videos.

12. mcveteran81

mcveteran81 Veteran Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

lol I love this guy @jgarner

In every thread not only is this guy the *expert* on whatever subject matter it is, but he also *knows* who the other *true* or *accepted* experts are in the scientific community regarding those matters as well. Nothing is true until he says it is. Must have a masters degree in everything but a Ph.D in nothing.

Ol'jgarner did you sleep in holiday inn all you're life?

BearGrounds likes this.
  13. jgarner

jgarner Red Belt

Why don't you find the peer reviewed study they used to draw that conclusion and post it?

The estimation came from incorrect assumptions, as I just said you dammed retard.

You're one of the dumbest motherfuckers I've met on this board, and that's quite an accomplishment.

PubliusVentidius likes this.
  14. jgarner

jgarner Red Belt

That's because I don't open my mouth until I know what I'm talking about. When I'm not educated enough to speak with confidence that I'm right, I don't open my suck.

Unlike you, I don't like sounding like a retard. When I don't know, I don't post or I freely admit that I just don't know.

And let's not forget that you believe in ancient aliens and shit McRetard

15. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

Even the bones of whales are completely eaten and it's not like every creature that has ever lived left behind fossils for us to find.

Also divers aren't scouring the lake bed all the time.

D Train likes this.
  16. Boomslang

Boomslang Blue Belt

This is a reason that giant squids were known to exist. Corpses would get caught in nets or found on beaches. That and the beaks were found in sperm whales. So there was evidence of them. Now how big they could get was a different story.

D Train likes this.
  17. BearGrounds

My source > you.

Me > you.

[​IMG]

Deal with it.

18. jgarner

jgarner Red Belt

So you have no study to back up that ridiculous claim up and instead you're going to post stupid memes and scream, "I don't hear you" while holding your fingers in your ears?

Gotcha. You're not pathetic at all kiddo. Real winner you are.

Are those sunglasses to hide the tears?

19. BearGrounds

Lol take it up with the NOAA. Perhaps write them a letter explaining how you know better than them, while not being an expert in anything related.

And on that note, son.

20. Bacco

Bacco Black Belt

this

That's the thing, split the cryptozoology bs/legends from simply animals that are far bigger than theyr normal size

I ever found the latter far more interessing, as they're actual real life "monsters" as you say... something that actually exist over touristic legends and bad photoshops

Example watch this page, it compares average weight of various species next to the biggest ever recorded:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_organisms

So you can see in nature happen we get animals that reach twice the size of what is considered theyr usual maximum size

Pretty cool, can't imagine what's like see an over 12 tons elephant (a giant shot in the 70s) walking around, when a an animal that look like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

is probably "just" 5 to 6 tons, imagine a 12+ one lol

So when we speak of "sea monsters" instead chase legends and photoshops, i imagine how cool must be see in real life the very largest specimen of actual existing animals like

[​IMG]