Lack Of Ufc/mma Movies In Culture...

I asked my doc for if I could try, apparently my testosterone level is that of a much a younger man and he won't let me try (Bastard)
yea right, PB. You have low-T, just like your plat predictions. You picked Punk.<Moves>

Who needs MMA movies when you have Ong Bak to watch all days.

The Protector's three and a half minutes long take is the most impressive fight scene I have ever seen. It takes an insane amount of preparation (or disregard for the stuntmen's safety...) to film a dude getting thrown two floors down in the middle of beating like forty guys in one single take.

Last edited:
TS is talking about MMA movies which is this. Something that actually portrays the sport of MMA

People then troll and give examples about martial arts movies which is this.

_03dc2dba-9e06-11e7-ba2d-20fa1b34073f.jpg

No one makes movies about 1990 - 2018 boxing either because it would suck. Combat sports movies only work as a bullshit B movie or as a throwback to a classic era like Cinderella Man

I agree, we need a movie that truly captures and defines the spirit of MMA - At least an MMA without all the bad bits (cutting weight, missing weight, ducking contenders, pulling out of fights because of a stubbed toe, etc.)

Would be epic if someone struck lightening with something and managed to have their own mega successful franchise and iconic character akin to Rocky.

Lionheart, Bloodsport, Never Back Down, Undisputed (All of them), Warrior, The Quest, Fight Club, The Philly Kid, Best of the Best.

There out there if you look for them.

With the exception of warriors/Never back down, most of them are no holds barred culture. They have nothing to do with modern UFC/MMA.

First undisputed was against two boxers in prison boxing, second one was the boxer vs Boyka or whatever his name was. Yes, that was No Holds Barred but not really MMA/UFC. I am talking about a movie revolved around MMA organization. Not just some 80s/90s fight to the death.

Warriors and here comes the boom were the closest to modern MMA. Fight club is NOT modern MMA. Maybe the 90s era of local fight leagues with random people fighting in dingy unsanctioned places.

If any of you are into foreign films and don’t mind captions

Fist_of_Legend_film_2013.jpg

Back