Lace up-gloves OPTIONS

Exothermic

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So I'm overdue for getting myself a new pair of boxing gloves and I've been running around this forum for a while, picking up information and actually making use of it.
I've purchased Custom UMA's who were amazing yet are completely done at this stage, so I've finally decided to get myself some lace-ups for the first time.

Now I've been reading around and of course there are many options, I was thinking about Sabas yet they don't seem to have the supersofts (16 oz) in stock and the durability is questioned.
The gloves will be used in thaiboxing training, so they'll have to be somewhat durable and it would be even more awesome if they were padded on the palm. (Not a necessity tho)

Size: 16 OZ
Color: Doesn't really matter all that much.
Padding: I'd prefer a glove that protect my hands and my training partner properly.
Budget: 80 - 200 euro

Thanks in advance.

Out of curiosity, how long did your UMAs last for? And what were you using them for? (bag, sparring, etc..)

I'm selling a pair of black 14oz laced reyes if you're interested. There's also the ones from the topic I posted before which you can find here http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jabb-fight-gear-for-champions.3598047/ if you're willing to try something new out.

I read great things about the sabas's their definitely worth a try. It really depends on what you're looking for, what kind of thumb you want, what kind of glove profile and what you want to use them for. You could order a pair of topboxer customs for instance or death adder gloves http://www.triumphunited.com/equipm...gloves/death-adder-velcro-sparring-glove.html

Out of curiosity, how long did your UMAs last for? And what were you using them for? (bag, sparring, etc..)

9 months, I've used them for sparring and combination work on the gloves. ( It's a thing we do A LOT)
I didn't use them on the bag or for padwork, but I've worked them at least 4 times a week if not more at some stage and they're absolutely smashed.

I'm selling a pair of black 14oz laced reyes if you're interested. There's also the ones from the topic I posted before which you can find here http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jabb-fight-gear-for-champions.3598047/ if you're willing to try something new out.

I read great things about the sabas's their definitely worth a try. It really depends on what you're looking for, what kind of thumb you want, what kind of glove profile and what you want to use them for. You could order a pair of topboxer customs for instance or death adder gloves http://www.triumphunited.com/equipm...gloves/death-adder-velcro-sparring-glove.html

Thanks for the offer! But I'm really searching for a 16 oz glove and the Jabb ones look rather amazing, how do they perform and feel in comparison to the Reyes?
Yeah I figured that Sabas would be a nice go, so I'll look into that and the DA's are 138 dollars including shipment to my country, so I'll be waiting on the black friday sale.

They are very different, the padding they use is very different. I rather the leather from the Reyes, I like the smell and texture more, yet these are a great glove even just to have as a separate pair in case you switch or are looking for a pair of bag gloves. I'd say they are more protective than the Reyes, yet are somewhat punchers gloves. The thumb is more comfortable and the padding is more winning like. If anything, I'd compare them to the UMA RT-41s, a cheaper version though.

The UMA probably is a better quality overall glove for the price they offer it at though for this price, you can't really go wrong. If something is wrong with the glove, they offer a refund. I really like using them on the bag.

9 months, I've used them for sparring and combination work on the gloves. ( It's a thing we do A LOT)
I didn't use them on the bag or for padwork, but I've worked them at least 4 times a week if not more at some stage and they're absolutely smashed.

Do you feel like you should have gotten more life out of them for what you paid? This isn't the first time I've heard one of these Pakistan custom companies having their gloves fall apart within in the first year of use, just curious on your take.

Back