LA Times: UFC yet to contact Mayweather about fight

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-mcgregor-mayweather-fight-20170518-story.html

White did not respond to The Times after announcing he and McGregor had agreed to terms on a deal allowing the fighter, who has four fights left on his UFC contract, to participate in the boxing match that has captured wide mainstream sports fans’ attention and imagination.

However, officials close to Mayweather, 40, said as of Thursday afternoon, there had been no contact with the UFC and either Mayweather or his powerful manager, Al Haymon.

“There is nothing to report,” is all Mayweather advisor Leonard Ellerbe would say Thursday as he and Mayweather promoted their junior-lightweight world champion Gervonta Davis’ Saturday bout in London against Liam Walsh on Showtime.

Writer says a lot of people in Boxing think Dana & UFC will talk with Floyd & bail ASAP after trying to deal with him & then tell Conor "we tried"

wolf-ticket.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D289

like i said in a post: UNTIL MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMS IT, UNTIL THEN IT'S JUST BULLSHIT.

Do you think Floyd is going to accept whatever shady deal uncle dana made without securing himself??? Why the pac fight took so long, because Floyd managed to secure the best deal for himself and his company.

Floyd is in the UK promoting his fighter.. he even said to wait after the fight before negotiating

The stupid plot thickens I guess

Do you guys really give a fuck about this fight?

The hottest topic in MMA right now is a non-fight between two guys who if they do fight, won't fight in MMA.

It's a great time to be a fan.

Contract was signed last Sunday for Conor's end. Dana is not clearing out his schedule to make a boxing fight happened. LOL. Make Mayweather wait, especially if the fight is in September.

Dana wants it under the UFC banner and its not a bad idea. Host an MMA event, then swap the ufc cage for a boxing ring. BOOM!!!

Dana wants it under the UFC banner and its not a bad idea. Host an MMA event, then swap the ufc cage for a boxing ring. BOOM!!!
Dana wants it under the ufc banner because its worth alot of money to him.

Free pub for the UFC and Conor while he took a vacation

Contract was signed last Sunday for Conor's end. Dana is not clearing out his schedule to make a boxing fight happened. LOL. Make Mayweather wait, especially if the fight is in September.

This is a weird post.

I would not be surprised. This is not in the UFCs interest generally speaking. If Conor puts in a good showing then maybe it does something. But I think that is outweighed by the negatives. They are only bothering because they want to keep him happy and get past this.

Back