Kyokushin vs Taekwondo Conditioning

ITF TKD sparring is 90% WTF sparring in resemblance. For the ITF guys to look down so badly on the WTF guys they sure know how to mimic their sparring style. It's all the same whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

That's because some do both WTF and ITF and bring that shit into ITF

That's my point. He was trained in Mcdojo style Kempo Karate which is much worse than both ITF and Kyokushin.

And yet you STILL HAVE NOT validated or legitimized your statement that he would or could kick most Kyokushin guys' asses. The least you could do (if you were mature and honest) would retract your statement and just admit that it is merely a belief or opinion of yours.

And ITF does full contact in dojangs too, regardless if most competitions are semi contact.

They do FULL CONTACT in dojangs but ONLY do SEMI CONTACT in competitions?? GTFO! They train for the rules format that they compete in which is semi contact.

Nice try, but you missed with that one.

3c6d3f5a569d077961c56547852fd287.gif

The ITF is tiny. There are almost no competitions.

Get it now?

That's because some do both WTF and ITF and bring that shit into ITF

You're Missing The Point!!!! ITF sparring is essentially the same as WTF sparring!!! PERIOD!

The ITF is tiny. There are almost no competitions.

LIES!!! They have as many competitions as all the other tag your it styles of sparring. They're just not as big or as popular as WTF due to WTF being an Olympic sport. But ITF does have plenty of competitions. Just stop it already, will you?

They do FULL CONTACT in dojangs but ONLY do SEMI CONTACT in competitions?? GTFO! They train for the rules format that they compete in which is semi contact.

Nice try, but you missed with that one.

3c6d3f5a569d077961c56547852fd287.gif
well I did tang soo do and we competed in semi and point matches, but at the dojo we did regular continuous full contact sparring. Not like boxing but we did throw full punches and kicks.

You're Missing The Point!!!! ITF sparring is essentially the same as WTF sparring!!! PERIOD!

LIES!!! They have as many competitions as all the other tag your it styles of sparring. They're just not as big or as popular as WTF due to WTF being an Olympic sport. But ITF does have plenty of competitions. Just stop it already, will you?
Keep arguing with spacetime and you'll lose your goddamn mind, man. This road leads nowhere, trust me, I've seen people walk it.

People compete once a year in my club. And some don't compete at all, myself included.

Keep arguing with spacetime and you'll lose your goddamn mind, man. This road leads nowhere, trust me, I've seen people walk it.

Yeah, I know about his track record and I know that he's essentially a troll or maybe a 13 year old or maybe someone who's just extremely desperate for attention. Or maybe someone who has intellectual deficiencies (or all of the above). But at least this Public Argument will let other readers realize that spacetime doesn't know what the hell he's talking about and is full of shit. So their views of Kyokushin or ITF TKD will not be tainted by his nonsense. In fact, I think I had to warn @Jimmy H about spacetime being a troll.

Last edited:
well I did tang soo do and we competed in semi and point matches, but at the dojo we did regular continuous full contact sparring. Not like boxing but we did throw full punches and kicks.

AshiharaFan doesn't believe it

I also did Tang Soo Do (beautiful art) and I've also trained WTF TKD. I now train Kyokushin Karate and it is still my personal opinion (based on my experiences in all three arts) that TSD and TKD do not spar full contact the way we do in Kyokushin. In Kyokushin we do not wear any protective gear (unlike TSD and TKD) and we fight close range (unlike TSD and TKD which both favor long range sparring) and we don't stop after landing a kick or punch. The TSD Dojang I was part of would stop after a blow was landed even if it was a punch or kick to the body which made contact. We did a little more continuous sparring in TKD though. HOWEVER, in both Dojangs HEAVY CONTACT was not tolerated and was frowned upon whereas heavy contact is the normal way of sparring at the Kyokushin Dojo I'm at now.

People compete once a year in my club. And some don't compete at all, myself included.

So, is your club the ONLY CLUB in the world? No? then this post is irrelevant. Do all of the other clubs in the world only compete once a year just because yours does? No? Again, irrelevant.

Kyokushin's all about practicality. Taekwondo may have the flashier kicks, but they do nothing when they're easily telegraphed and have little power behind them.

Especially when that fancy kick lands you flat on your ass if you miss. :D

I also did Tang Soo Do (beautiful art) and I've also trained WTF TKD. I now train Kyokushin Karate and it is still my personal opinion (based on my experiences in all three arts) that TSD and TKD do not spar full contact the way we do in Kyokushin. In Kyokushin we do not wear any protective gear (unlike TSD and TKD) and we fight close range (unlike TSD and TKD which both favor long range sparring) and we don't stop after landing a kick or punch. The TSD Dojang I was part of would stop after a blow was landed even if it was a punch or kick to the body which made contact. We did a little more continuous sparring in TKD though. HOWEVER, in both Dojangs HEAVY CONTACT was not tolerated and was frowned upon whereas heavy contact is the normal way of sparring at the Kyokushin Dojo I'm at now.
haha I remember once during sparring, i was like 13, this guy clocked me a bit hard and I was stunned. I did a jumping punch and knocked him out(tko). crazy time. anyway I didnt get in trouble or anything. We usually didnt stop after a punch, but unlike boxing we didnt try to knock eachother out. We wore gloves and headgear, thats it. so maybe our dojangs were a little different. I dont know what is standard. you could be right about tkd.

AshiharaFan doesn't believe it

I've trained in all three arts so I speak from experience instead of my ass unlike you. You've never stepped so much as a pinky toe in a Kyokushin Dojo but have a shitload of baseless opinions and prejudices against Kyokushin.

LOL. You think it's beautiful art, huh? Tang Soo Do is the precursor to ITF. They have the exact same techniques, except performed from lower stances.

haha I remember once during sparring, i was like 13, this guy clocked me a bit hard and I was stunned. I did a jumping punch and knocked him out(tko). crazy time. anyway I didnt get in trouble or anything. We usually didnt stop after a punch, but unlike boxing we didnt try to knock eachother out. We wore gloves and headgear, thats it. so maybe our dojangs were a little different. I dont know what is standard. you could be right about tkd.

Oh no, I LOVED training in Tang Soo Do and WTF Taekwondo as well. Yeah, we wore head gear, gloves and foot protectors where I was at so perhaps they were different. I don't think Tang Soo Do, Taekwondo or Kyokushin are any better or worse than the other. It is training full contact and without protective equipment is what I think will make one training experience more preferable than the other...at least for me anyway. If Tang Soo Do Dojangs started training in the same way as most Kyokushin Dojos do they would do just as well in knockdown competitions as the Kyokushin competitors. It's not so much the art as it is the way in which people are training. At least that's how I see it but I could be wrong.

LOL. You think it's beautiful art, huh? Tang Soo Do is the precursor to ITF. They have the exact same techniques, except performed from lower stances.

Don't know what that has to do with ANYTHING that we were talking about in this thread. Don't know what point you were trying to make with this post. But anyway, I've went further with you than I originally had intended. People who are reading this thread can see that you have no idea what you are talking about and that you either need a hug or need to be 302'd. Either way, I'm done.

Osu!

I've trained in all three arts so I speak from experience instead of my ass unlike you. You've never stepped so much as a pinky toe in a Kyokushin Dojo but have a shitload of baseless opinions and prejudices against Kyokushin.

No, you haven't trained ITF.

he says all the american kickboxing guys like bill super foot wallace(shorin ryu) were throwing tkd kicks cause there is no roundhouse kick in karate.

Mawashi Geri is one of the most known and used technique in Karate, and it's a roundhouse kick. I'm getting eye cancer from reading the non-sense posts in this thread.

Back