Kyokushin vs Taekwondo Conditioning

You didn't answer my question. WHO is the Kyokushin fighter(s) that got his/their ass(es) kicked by Wonderboy?

He is an undefeated kickboxer, yet was trained in shitty Kempo Karate. It is the fighter not the art.

This doesn't answer my question at all.

GSP stated that Wonderboy is the greater skriker he's ever sparred. There, a former Kyokushin guy

Neither does this.

Let me repeat for you your claim:

Stephen Thompson is from fucking Kempo Karate, one of the most Mcdojo styles there is, and he would still kick plenty of Kyokushin guys ass

So I asked you to name the Kyokushin guy WHO GOT THEIR ASS KICKED by Stephen Thompson!!!

You don't think he would kick a standard Kyokushin guys ass?

Don't start backtracking now my friend. You made a very bold claim. I asked you to prove that claim by giving up some names of the Kyokushin guys who got their asses kicked by him. If you cannot name a Kyokushin guy who got his ass kicked by wonderboy then you should retract that statement and admit that you were talking out of your ass when you said it.

This doesn't answer my question at all.

Neither does this.

Let me repeat for you your claim:

So I asked you to name the Kyokushin guy WHO GOT THEIR ASS KICKED by Stephen Thompson!!!

Can you not read? I wrote that he WOULD kick many Kyokushin guys ass.

Kyokushin's all about practicality. Taekwondo may have the flashier kicks, but they do nothing when they're easily telegraphed and have little power behind them.

Can you not read? I wrote that he WOULD kick many Kyokushin guys ass.

Which is a BASELESS and UNFOUNDED assertion if he has NEVER kicked a Kyokushin guys ass!!! What part of that is escaping you? I am now beginning to wonder about your age and IQ level spacetime.

Your unfounded hatred of Kyokushin and undying obsession with ITF TKD is equally unbearable my man. You don't even realize how hypocritical you are. Everything you said about how Kyokushin guys post how much they love their art you are doing the same thing everytime you post the love you have for ITF TKD. Why is it okay for you to feel the way that you do about TKD but it's wrong for others to feel the same way about what they train in? Seriously bro, when are you going to grow up?

This exactly. Spacetime tries to diss Kyokushin in every possible thread he can while he never even trained in Kyokushin once. Yet he can't handle some criticism of Tae Kwon Do and is even making stuff up regarding ITF Tae Kwon Do, like saying it's like Kickboxing and it's full contact while it's clearly not. Heavy contact is against the ITF competition rules.

And REAL FIGHTING also requires physical toughness. For those reasons I will take Kyokushin over any style of TKD any day. If a one-on-one fight without weapons were to happen on the streets between a standard ITF TKD guy and a standard Kyokushin guy I'm putting my money on the Kyokushin guy. Even in a prison fight for that matter.

ITF vs Kyokushin, open styles format

Let's add some more fuel to the fire. Those ITF TKD guys in this video can't handle getting hit full force and just get battered:

GSP stated that Wonderboy is the greater skriker he's ever sparred. There, a former Kyokushin guy

Except that Wonderboy isn't Tae Kwon Do anyway. Your argument doesn't make any sense.

This exactly. Spacetime tries to diss Kyokushin in every possible thread he can while he never even trained in Kyokushin once. Yet he can't handle some criticism of Tae Kwon Do and is even making stuff up regarding ITF Tae Kwon Do, like saying it's like Kickboxing and it's full contact while it's clearly not. Heavy contact is against the ITF competition rules.

Let's add some more fuel to the fire. Those ITF TKD guys in this video can't handle getting hit full force and just get battered:

They are WTF guys (Dobok is WTF) . But nice try.

Except that Wonderboy isn't Tae Kwon Do anyway. Your argument doesn't make any sense.
he says all the american kickboxing guys like bill super foot wallace(shorin ryu) were throwing tkd kicks cause there is no roundhouse kick in karate.

Last edited:

That's my point. He was trained in Mcdojo style Kempo Karate which is much worse than both ITF and Kyokushin.

That's my point. He was trained in Mcdojo style Kempo Karate which is much worse than both ITF and Kyokushin.
he did tetsushin kempo not american kempo. They do full contact sparring since they were little kids. You don't know the quality of the dojo.

he did tetsushin kempo not american kempo. They do full contact sparring since they were little kids. You don't know the quality of the dojo.

And ITF does full contact in dojangs too, regardless if most competitions are semi contact.

You may be right. The fact that he trained Japanese Goju will make it difficult to concretely disprove this. But there is equally a possibility that Sosai Oyama was really big on contact conditioning because of him seeking "The Ultimate Truth" in combat. Perhaps he came to the conclusion that one should be physically hardened in order to be strong.
Many TMA in their authentic form believed that. Oyama started out training a CMA in his younger years. I totally understand that MA coming out of non fire arms combat history conditioned bone and muscle hardening conditioning.

A 13 year USMC combat vet I trained served multiple Okinawa deployments in his early years. He trained authentic GoJu and you can see the bone calcification on his shins, knees, for arms, elbows and knuckles. The bones in his toes are fused together from kicking first bags of sand up to wood and concrete slabs.

When Dave does throws like Koshi Gurma as an example his rotation turns into an inside arm strike around my neck. He explained it, that in a combat setting he'd be striking the neck right behind the jaw and below the ear. The throw would be just to project the opponent to gain space for the next. Remember all this comes from multiple combat opponent tactics. The calcified bones of the for arm would act as a club and from how it felt getting thrown without him putting power into his strike, just catching my neck, it would leave bruises. That's my experience so I was basing my comment on Kyokushin from that perspective of body hardening.

Point taken though, Oyama is a fascinating person and a pivotal icon in the transition of Asian MA from battle field tactics and conditioning to sport and health modernization.

They are WTF guys (Dobok is WTF) . But nice try.

ITF TKD sparring is 90% WTF sparring in resemblance. For the ITF guys to look down so badly on the WTF guys they sure know how to mimic their sparring style. It's all the same whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Kickboxing is both semi and full contact. Thus ITF is too kickboxing rules.

Back