Kyoji Horiguchi Is 8-0 Since Mighty Mouse Destroyed Him

seriously? RIZIN?

Remmeber when Fedor got slept by Hendo? What did he do right after? He went to fight Rizzo, Ishii and Monson.

Its not the same as fighting top comp.
The thing is Japan don't have much heavyweight talents and didn't put much emphasis on those divisions post 2010, which make sense if you look at the size of the general population - kinda like how Americans don't relate to flyweights. Nail in the coffin is that there are no heavyweight Japanese stars that were in their prime. Pretty sure that not the case with bantamweights. Take a look at resumes of the people that the Gooch wrecked in Rizin. Aside from Tokoro and Motoya, everyone else is pretty legit.

I agree, only Dodson fared better on the feet against DJ than Horiguchi.

Horiguchi used to be one of my favorite flyweights but I stopped following him after he left the UFC. Maybe I'll go binge his Rizin fights one of these days.

he beat like four guys brutally in span of two days, and his opponents weren't cans.

He has finished his last four opponents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoji_Horiguchi

It's time for the UFC to bring him back. It was a huge mistake to let him leave, and it would be an even bigger mistake to not resign him after a win streak like this. The Flyweight division can not have any credibility without this amazing talent.

He decided to leave... that's not on the UFC...

He's really good but c'mon... you expect them to pay millions for him or something when they won't even pay the guy who beat him up and finished him the latest you can finish someone, that much. Jesus....

He decided to leave, good luck to him.

Don't blame the UFC because he could make more against easier competition elsewhere.

Back