Kyoji Horiguchi Is 8-0 Since Mighty Mouse Destroyed Him

giphy.gif

The way the UFC has completely botched their handling of the Flyweight division is hilarious

I've often considered making a blow by blow thread of all the fuck ups it took for them to completely destroy a perfectly viable division but so few people give a shit about Flyweight it would be kind of pointless to bother

Let me read, bro.

That's Mighty Mouse for you. He only gets better and better as the fight goes on. He has an infinite gas tank.

Jon Jones is not the GOAT, by the way.
DJ isn't either. You're lying to yourself if you think all of his opponents have been legit and that some haven't been pushed too fast against DJ.. Borg, Ries, Cejudo (especially), Bagautinov, Cariaso, Moraga and Elliot. These guys are a mixture of just not good/undeserved title shots and too early in their careers.

DJ isn't either. You're lying to yourself if you think all of his opponents have been legit and that some haven't been pushed too fast against DJ.. Borg, Ries, Cejudo (especially), Bagautinov, Cariaso, Moraga and Elliot. These guys are a mixture of just not good/undeserved title shots and too early in their careers.
Demetrious-Johnson-UFC-on-FOX-8-750x370.jpg

h-BOUC-628x314.jpg

He has finished his last four opponents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoji_Horiguchi

It's time for the UFC to bring him back. It was a huge mistake to let him leave, and it would be an even bigger mistake to not resign him after a win streak like this. The Flyweight division can not have any credibility without this amazing talent.

He was on a 3 fight win streak when he left the UFC. He left because he wanted more money.

Japanese GSP is at summit of his career in Japan.

He still trains with Thiago Alves and ATT brothers who make him UFC-ready.

Drug test failures or not, Jones definitely has a stronger list of opponents.
Most of whom were mid 30s or older and are either former or current Middleweights, you mean those opponents? <45>

I love how people somehow think that name value equals talent; most critics of DJ's opponents often mention that they're no-names but likely have never even seen them fight, that's a promotional problem and has nothing to do with talent.

He's not coming back, he's happy at JPN fighting in his home for loyal fans who won't be such dipshits to call him a "midget" or "manlet" while the guy is a warrior and is always exciting to watch.

War Guchi

HoriguchiRizin1.0.jpeg

The only reason they don't call him midget or manlet in Japan is because he's average height there. He's the man amongst his tiny people.

He won all five rounds, decisively, then did this at the last second.

LankyIncompleteDwarfrabbit-max-1mb.gif

If you'd prefer 'dominate', then Mighty Mouse dominated him.
he win comfortably, but far from destroyed

he win comfortably, but far from destroyed
I agree, only Dodson fared better on the feet against DJ than Horiguchi.

Horiguchi used to be one of my favorite flyweights but I stopped following him after he left the UFC. Maybe I'll go binge his Rizin fights one of these days.

That UFC division can use all of the help that it can get.

It’s a shallow division. It’s MM and everyone else isn’t even close

He's not coming back, he's happy at JPN fighting in his home for loyal fans who won't be such dipshits to call him a "midget" or "manlet" while the guy is a warrior and is always exciting to watch.

War Guchi

HoriguchiRizin1.0.jpeg
Dat Ring Girl
<datassdom>

seriously? RIZIN?

Remmeber when Fedor got slept by Hendo? What did he do right after? He went to fight Rizzo, Ishii and Monson.

Its not the same as fighting top comp.

seriously? RIZIN?

Remmeber when Fedor got slept by Hendo? What did he do right after? He went to fight Rizzo, Ishii and Monson.

Its not the same as fighting top comp.

3 of the 8 wins happened in the UFC.

three fights in two days to wrap up 2017??

what a badass.

I'm sure he's making more money destroying people in Japan and not having to travel that far either. I doubt he comes back anytime soon.

He trains at American Top Team so I doubt travels plays a huge factor, if any. It's probably a familiarity/pay thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back