Kurt Angle?

Joshuagilbert91

"are you fucking mirin' brah?"
@Green
Reaction score
He's too old and injured now, but how do you guys believe Kurt Angle would have done in the UFC/MMA in general if he had decided to come to the UFC instead of the WWE 20+ years ago. He was a phenominal amateur wrestler, and would be the only Gold Medalist in MMA. I believe he would have made a damn good LHW, just off of his wrestling alone.

Of course, he could have been like Brock and not had any stand up skills, but I truly believe back then he could have been a LHW/HW champion. Any ideas?

Attachments

• kurt_angle_render_by_mrphenomenaldesign_by_mrphenomenaldesign-dbdpubh.png
    kurt_angle_render_by_mrphenomenaldesign_by_mrphenomenaldesign-dbdpubh.png
    784.3 KB · Views: 3
What a pointless thing to speculate about .

I think his giant head would have made him susceptible to guillotine chokes!

What a pointless thing to speculate about .

not really. yes he isn't taken seriously bc he's a WWE wrestler... but he was an amazing amateur wrestler. I believe he could have done great in the UFC, back when wrestling wasn't a big thing in fighting.

He is a fucking gold medalist. What more do you want to take him seriously? Fighting in UFC 1? GTFO.

you only quoted part of my post... isn't taken seriously BC he is a WWE wrestler. No one took Brock seriously when he left the NFL, took a warm up fight in Japan, and tapped to Frank Mir.

He's too old and injured now, but how do you guys believe Kurt Angle would have done in the UFC/MMA in general if he had decided to come to the UFC instead of the WWE 20+ years ago. He was a phenominal amateur wrestler, and would be the only Gold Medalist in MMA. I believe he would have made a damn good LHW, just off of his wrestling alone.

Of course, he could have been like Brock and not had any stand up skills, but I truly believe back then he could have been a LHW/HW champion. Any ideas?

Back then with a real camp he could be Champ.

He's not the only gold medalist, off the top of my head there's Cejudo in wrestling and Ishi in Judo.

Edit :there's also been Mark Schultz and Kevin Jackson in UFC as Olympic Gold Medalists

Back then with a real camp he could be Champ.

He's not the only gold medalist, off the top of my head there's Cejudo in wrestling and Ishi in Judo.

sorry, I was unaware about Cejudo... I know Ishii did judo, but I was unaware of him being a gold medalist. my mistake.

I remember seeing in a video that he was coached by Dave Shultz which is pretty cool and he probably would have been a good mma fighter for sure

~DaViD~

giphy.gif

Kurt already said before he only went the wwe route because of money. If the pay in mma was higher back then he would pursue it.

He beat brock in a Match behind closed doors took him down at will

you only quoted part of my post... isn't taken seriously BC he is a WWE wrestler. No one took Brock seriously when he left the NFL, took a warm up fight in Japan, and tapped to Frank Mir.
Define "no ne".

Oh, wastelanded lol

His wrestling may be world class but he has a short reach...have you seen his little t-rex arms?? He'd get killed on the feet and be forced to close distance for takedowns.

Back