Kurds have started killing Christians in Qashmili

StannisTheMannis

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Several people have been killed in rare clashes between Assyrian Christians and Kurds in Syria's al-Hasakah province.

The province in the northeast of the country is divided and in parts controlled by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), Kurds and Assyrians.

Assyrian and Kurdish sources said there were casualties among fighters in the battle between the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) and Assyrians in the city of Qamishli on Tuesday.

"The city of Qamishli is controlled by Assyrians, but surrounded by Kurdish fighters. The Assyrians were trying to set up checkpoints and were fired at by the Kurds," Afram Yakoub, the chairman of the Assyrian Federation of Sweden, which monitors news related to Assyrians across the region, told Al Jazeera.

He said at least one Assyrian and eight Kurdish fighters were killed.

Taj Kordsh, a Kurd from the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), confirmed that the clashes broke out because of the checkpoints, but gave a different death toll.

"Two Assyrian fighters were killed in the clashes and five others were injured," Kordsh said.

He added that a civilian had also been killed.

"Kurdish fighters say these checkpoints have bothered residents and must be removed," he said.

kurds can't be trusted.

They are muslims, no matter what at the end of the day they cant change who they are what they worship.

This is an isolated incident and in no way represents the aims of the organized Kurdish groups working for freedom and for the self preservation of their people or for a future Kurdish state. Christians have no better friend than the Kurds and Israelis in the Middle East at this point.

Who will largely Arab Christians turn to? When their fellow brethren have largely been brainwashed to dislike them?

I'm outraged. We as a christian nation can't stand idly by, and watch our brethren murdered. I vote for a massive military invasion of the entire region to protect the christians still there who might not live another night without our help.

Oh, wait. I don't care who shoots who. Unless they're white. Oh, wait. I don't care about them either.

But dos they identify themselves as Christians???

Let's turn this into a religious thing even though it's clearly a power grab according to both sides.

I bet this throws a monkey wrench in your worldview where anyone who hates the Turks is good.

I thought Assyrian Lands with English Subtitles were undisputed?

That's complete bull shit and you know it, the reason for the fighting is because two YPG police officers were killed by the NDF and the local YPG police attacked the NDF as a result of the killings, it has nothing to do with Muslims vs Christians. You're just using this as an excuse to paint Kurds as some kind of sectarian Islamists, in short take your Holy war baiting and shove it right up your asshole.

To all the US posters that are inevitably going to start hurling weird Islam insults, Kurds are some of the top terrorist-fighting forces in the world, and they do it raw, impoverished, with barely any military funding or training.

So be nice.

BTW the Muslims kurds are being supported by the Christian Sutoro in these clashes, while the Syrian Regime is being supported by the Christian sootoro.

Back