kudo amateur mma

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
Im very good friends with the athletic commission in my state. a student i teach is a karate black belt and blue under me, and wants to start doing these kudo/sambo like tournaments. The commission says as long as they have head gear its fine. i don't need to even have a commission there, ill throw bjj tournaments and have these amateur fights. i think it will be great for adults, and kids to get experience for fighting mma one day in a safe way.

Were just not sure exactly how we want to do the scoring on it i. I was thinking 2-2 minute rounds for beginners. Sadly for mma you just get in the cage full contact no protection as an amateur here so this could be great for building up the scene since mma has died in my state .

He gets a bad rap here, some of it justified, a lot of it not justified, but DanThe WolfMan has trained and competed in Kudo in Japan under the guy who actually invented the system. DanTheWolfman would be able to answer your questions.

I'm hoping I can find something like this in my area. If you branch out to Mississippi like you said on my post I'll come out.

kids are getting weaker each generation and mma is a big step going into especially if you havent had a bjj or amateur boxing background fighting so this is a great way to gain tons of experience and women and kids can do and not get busted up i know so many men in there 40s would love to fight but cant due to a job and afraid of injuries here they can and go to work the next day.

Back