KSW want sign boxer, WBC HW title contender Artur Szpilka (28yo, 21-3)

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Next year is possible debut of Artur Szpilka at the KSW. Szpilka was defeated by Deontay Wilder in last year for the WBC world championship belt. In Poland as a potential opponent is mentioned, among others, Marcin Rozalski (KSW champion, former kickboxer), Kristof 'Diablo' Wlodarczyk (boxer, former WBC and IBF cruiserweight champion) and Badr Hari (former K1 champion). Martin Lewandowski yesterday: "We are considering two big names".

QdAktkpTURBXy80YzNmYzRkN2Y4YjgxOGY3YmUzMzg4MzA4ZTExYTYwYi5qcGeSlQMCzJHNDTPNB2yTBc0DIM0Bwg

Perhaps the next Colosseum in the stadium would be next year :)

wilder washed him and wilder isnt that great

wilder washed him and wilder isnt that great

I've seen him box. He's got good hands, in boxing he isn't great but he's got better hands than most in the hw division in mma. He's going to get kicked to death most likely though or beat on the ground.

Freak show potential but if he agrees it means he has given up on boxing. Got overhyped early anyway and disappointed.

I've seen him box. He's got good hands, in boxing he isn't great but he's got better hands than most in the hw division in mma. He's going to get kicked to death most likely though or beat on the ground.

True, but he's also a legit athlete/fighter.

A proper year of wrastlin and sub training and nothing else and least he'd survive their quality of HWs.

Pus they can always match him up with inferior strikers pulled from any striking art. Boxer vs katate(lol) champ in KSW... tell me it does not fit.

True, but he's also a legit athlete/fighter.

A proper year of wrastlin and sub training and nothing else and least he'd survive their quality of HWs.

Pus they can always match him up with inferior strikers pulled from any striking art. Boxer vs katate(lol) champ in KSW... tell me it does not fit.

In ksw it's more doable. They have a lot of hws fighting their in their 2nd sport cuz boxing or kickboxing or something was their first. They also have pudz and some freakshows

If he's 28, he's already got a better shot than most of the other boxing crossovers.

Szpilka just got destroyed by an obese Kownacki (Kownacki has a half decent skillset and could be alright if he ever gets in respectable shape, but that's a big if) making it two fights in a row where he took some fairly severe damage. He's a ways down from the best in the HW division, and he's not going to get any better. If he wants some decent paydays going forward, MMA might not be the worst route (Szplika has something of a following in Poland from what I gather, partially because of his football hooligan days).

KSW needs some boost now that Khalidov is gone, good things they have partnership with Cage Warriors and Bamma.

Make Euro MMA great again.

Next year is possible debut of Artur Szpilka at the KSW. Szpilka was defeated by Deontay Wilder in last year for the WBC world championship belt. In Poland as a potential opponent is mentioned, among others, Marcin Rozalski (KSW champion, former kickboxer), Kristof 'Diablo' Wlodarczyk (boxer, former WBC and IBF cruiserweight champion) and Badr Hari (former K1 champion). Martin Lewandowski yesterday: "We are considering two big names".

QdAktkpTURBXy80YzNmYzRkN2Y4YjgxOGY3YmUzMzg4MzA4ZTExYTYwYi5qcGeSlQMCzJHNDTPNB2yTBc0DIM0Bwg

Perhaps the next Colosseum in the stadium would be next year :)

Any news on KSW 40?

Back