KSW offers Ben Askren a fight at the stadium with 58k audience

Ben Askren made 500k+50k per fight at OneFC, is ranked #28 at Figthmatrix, has 39k Facebook fans and a not too exciting fight style.
Gustaffson makes 51k+51k, is ranked #5 at Fightmatrix, has 599k Facebook fans, was the main reason UFC Stockholm had a 3,1 million gate, fought for KSW and would help KSW massively in the planned expansion to Sweden.
Blachowicz makes 36k+36k, is ranked #12 at Fightmatrix, has 99k Facebook fans, is a former KSW champion. 2 bonus of the night in last 3 fights.

Gustaffson and Blachowicz are just examples. They are under contract with the UFC, but in recent years many UFC fighters left the UFC after their contract expired (mainly to Bellator). Now why would KSW pay the relatively unknown, low ranked, not exciting to watch Askren a 200k+ contract, if they could offer that same amount to any higher ranked UFC fighter with more fans, that becomes a free agent soon? You can probably find 50+ fighters, that make less than Askren, have only one fight on their contract left and would make from a business perspective way more sense to hire.
Blachowicz could easily return to KSW and be champ until retirement. However, unlike Mamed, he was ambitious and wanted to test himself at the highest level. I don't think he'll ever be UFC champ but the guy is living the dream.

No disrespect to Khalidov, he is a great fighter and I myself would also probably prefer the "easy route" to a belt, money and fame. But Blachowicz actually going to the UFC and fighting through the hardships makes me nod like BJ Penn.
<mma4>

Khalidov, at his best, got routinely outwrestled by Santiago.

Askren would have a field day with him.

Im the biggest fan of Mamed on this forum and i have to agree :/ his Takedown defence is horrible.

Khalidov, at his best, got routinely outwrestled by Santiago.

Askren would have a field day with him.
Santiago is much bigger than Askren and is not a bad fighter himself, Khalidov also won the first fight by KO, something important that you didn't mentioned.. Askren never had to fight great strikers with good TDD, the one he fought, in Sapo, stuffed his attempts and was being able to lit him up on the feet..

ps: Douglas and Andrey were super green, don't use them.

Im the biggest fan of Mamed on this forum and i have to agree :/ his Takedown defence is horrible.
his problem is his gas tank..until that becomes a problem, he defends it very well, and if you take him down, being able to keep him there isn't easy either, also has sick triangles

Unrelated story: The national polish sleep convention will be held at the same stadium and at the same time they want Askren to fight.
LOL someone thinks they're a comedian. 5 years ago called, it said you weren't funny then either.

Santiago is much bigger than Askren and is not a bad fighter himself, Khalidov also won the first fight by KO, something important that you didn't mentioned.. Askren never had to fight great strikers with good TDD, the one he fought, in Sapo, stuffed his attempts and was being able to lit him up on the feet..

ps: Douglas and Andrey were super green, don't use them.

his problem is his gas tank..until that becomes a problem, he defends it very well, and if you take him down, being able to keep him there isn't easy either, also has sick triangles

You must have forgotten that the KO was from his back. Santiago has such a terrible chin that he got KO’d while on top.

Khalidov was always a subpar wrestler, Askren is probably the best wrestler at 170-185 in the world (save for GSP and Yoel).

Just stylistically it wouldn’t favor Mamed.

You must have forgotten that the KO was from his back. Santiago has such a terrible chin that he got KO’d while on top.

Khalidov was always a subpar wrestler, Askren is probably the best wrestler at 170-185 in the world (save for GSP and Yoel).

Just stylistically it wouldn’t favor Mamed.
Sure, but Santiago is much bigger than Askren and had pretty decent stand up, something Askren absolutely doesn't.
I favor Khalidov, by stoppage at first or second round. Like that first fight with Santiago showed, you can takedown Khalidov, but that doesn't mean you're going to win the fight, he knows how to play at his back with strikes and sub attempts too. Askren can't keep spamming takedowns against bigger man and Sapo proved that. Would be a good fight anyway.

Askren vs. Mamed would be a great fight to make. Have the fight at 185 for the MW title.

Back