PBP KSW Colosseum 2: Khalidov vs. Askham | 03.06 | 12 PM ET/9 AM PT - Discussion Thread

Some clubs have an insane reputation, when it comes to ultras/hools. Eastern Europe of course, like Wisla Krakow in Poland too, but South Americans are a special kind of crazy too.
I'd like to attend a Superclásico (boca/river) someday. The 2018 libertadores finals at the Bombonera must've been crazy (2-2, and they actually had to relocate the rematch in Madrid because supporters of one team assaulted the opposite team's bus with rocks and shit before the rematch,initially planned at the Monumental)

You're right when you say some are a lot more violent abroad ; in C3, when eastern European team come to play an away game, our town centers, around the stadium, etc, become a total mess, especially when they lose, they can literally riot (but our cops are used to riots lmao, it's like going to church for us frenchies).

A lot of stupid people amongst those guys, I have to say. I like the folklore, adrenaline, when you're in a boiling hot stadium, but ruining an event is certainly stupid.

Just yesterday, Bordeaux played a crucial game, that would allow them to get back in 1st division (last game of the season). The other team scores a goal : some Bordeaux ultra jumps on the pitch and shoves the scorer.

Game stopped, player seen by docs, can't go back on the pitch, Bordeaux lost (well they are trying to appeal, etc, in order to replay the game, but they were losing 0-1, so I dont see it ending well for them ; moreover, the ultramarines (bordeaux ultras) made a communiqué acknowleding the guy is indeed a bordeaux ultra...
Loll. Yeah football supporters are the worst.

If you want to see a packed out Dôme de Paris filled with thousands Moroccans on the 9th of September you should set your alarm for tomorrow morning though;)

The presale for Badr Hari vs James McSweeney starts at 10am. My alarm is set:)

If you want to see a packed out Dôme de Paris filled with thousands Moroccans on the 9th of September you should set your alarm for tomorrow morning though;)
:D:D
People from Maghreb are known to be quite passionate about sportsmen from their home country ; I think it's especially conspicuous in Europe, where a lot of them emigrated to ; I know for a fact that your roots, when you live abroad, often become a big part of who you are.
Due to our complicated history with Algeria, there are many of them in France, and they're known to honk like crazy whenever their national football team wins, like all night long in big cities and for big wins :D:D. It's like a tradition now, it's rather funny.

Our relationship with Algeria is still stained by the independence war that ended in 62, and the one time we had a France-Algeria friendly game since then, in 2001, it was interrupted because of a pitch invasion (Algeria was losing 4-1, but you know how good France NT was at that time); anthems booing, a lot of hostility overall.

We never did that again, and if we were to play against each other in a WC, there would be trouble. And if France lost that game, our country would become a giant honk for half a year lmao. You'd hear it from Netherlands :D:D:D

Back