KSW 35 - Updated fightcard [5.27.16]

Andrey Kamensky

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The updated KSW 35 fightcard:
(The event will take place on 5.27.16 and not on the 28th.)

MW - Mamed Khalidov [31-4-2] vs. Aziz Karaoglu [9-6] [TITLE FIGHT]
MW - Michal Materla [22-5] vs. Antoni Chmielewski [32-14]
HW - Mariusz Pudzianowski [9-4, 1nc] vs. Marcin Rozalski [5-4]
LW - Mateusz Gamrot [10-0] vs. Mansour Barnaoui [12-3][TITLE FIGHT]
LW - Lukasz Chlewicki [13-4-1] vs. Azi Thomas [6-1, 1nc]
WW - Rafal Moks [10-8] vs. Robert Radomski [12-3]

FW - Marcin Wrzosek [10-3] vs. Filip Wolanski [9-1]
LHW - Michal Fijalka [15-5-1] vs. Marcin Wojcik [8-4]
WW- Kamil Szymuszowski [14-4] vs. Mindaugas Verzbickas [10-3-1]

Updated (5/25/16]

67KSW35_4_1_www.jpg

Last edited:
Also:
Rozalski also rumored to be on the card. Khalidov is probably going to fight Aziz Karaoglu, Materla - Grove II is possible and Pudz might get another shot at Graham. (Classic KSW instant rematch)

I heard the Kendall grove rumor but he is fighting in bellator again soon!

Update:
The date of the event was changed to the 27th of May. (Instead of the 28th)
btw can you edit titles?

Karaoglu has picked up a couple of nice wins lately, but still, I hope KSW can find someone a bit better to fight Khalidov.

Karaoglu has picked up a couple of nice wins lately, but still, I hope KSW can find someone a bit better to fight Khalidov.
Ksw owner said recently that KSW 35 will be full of surprises. I hope one of them is Mamed's opponent.

A couple of new fights were added to the card. here's how it looks so far:
MW - Michal Materla [22-5] vs. Kendall Grove [23-15,1nc]
LW - Mateusz Gamrot [10-0] vs. TBA [TITLE FIGHT]
FW - Anzor Azhiev [6-2, 1nc] vs. Marcin Wrzosek [10-3]
LW - Lukasz Chlewicki [13-4-1] vs. Marif Piraev [13-1-1]

Updated (3.24.16]

67KSW35_4_1_www.jpg
Will the winner of Azhiev-Wrzosek fight for the title against Sowinski ?

I like Pudz v. Rozalski. Fight seems like it could go either way. We already learned Pudz isn't the real deal but he puts in the effort and has beaten a couple decent guys. Always good to see the HWs throw down.

I like Pudz v. Rozalski. Fight seems like it could go either way. We already learned Pudz isn't the real deal but he puts in the effort and has beaten a couple decent guys. Always good to see the HWs throw down.
If it stays on the feet, Pudz is going down. If he takes it to the ground he stands a chance. I really hope he's working on his submissions though. You can't just lay n pray for three rounds... aweful way to "win" fights.

Updated (3.24.16]

67KSW35_4_1_www.jpg

Wow they're giving Pudz a guy w a 5-4 record and 38 years old.
I wonder when they hype will finally die and they'll lose interest in him fighting cans.

If it stays on the feet, Pudz is going down. If he takes it to the ground he stands a chance. I really hope he's working on his submissions though. You can't just lay n pray for three rounds... aweful way to "win" fights.

Are you joking ? Pudz gassed out on top of Graham. He can't even lay and pray for 1 minute without gassing.

Wow they're giving Pudz a guy w a 5-4 record and 38 years old.
I wonder when they hype will finally die and they'll lose interest in him fighting cans.
It's not any guy with a 5-4 record. He is well known in Poland and a pretty good kickboxer. Polish fans are happy with this match up, and KSW wins.
Are you joking ? Pudz gassed out on top of Graham. He can't even lay and pray for 1 minute without gassing.
I said he stands a chance on the ground. (as in it's his only chance to win this fight) I didn't say he's going submit him. And yeah he can lay n pray for three rounds. watch his fights against Oli,Nastula,Big sexy.
and btw he might not gass so bad in this fight. He finally decided to give up some weight. Says he'll weigh around 110-115 kg. (242-253 lbs)
And he switched teams and seems to be working hard on his cardio. we'll see pretty soon how it ends.
12832523_1092027394181210_3525744613397478970_n.jpg

12042709_1097964660254150_8939790289410885801_n.jpg

It's not any guy with a 5-4 record. He is well known in Poland and a pretty good kickboxer. Polish fans are happy with this match up, and KSW wins.

I said he stands a chance on the ground. (as in it's his only chance to win this fight) I didn't say he's going submit him. And yeah he can lay n pray for three rounds. watch his fights against Oli,Nastula,Big sexy.
and btw he might not gass so bad in this fight. He finally decided to give up some weight. Says he'll weigh around 110-115 kg. (242-253 lbs)
And he switched teams and seems to be working hard on his cardio. we'll see pretty soon how it ends.
12832523_1092027394181210_3525744613397478970_n.jpg

12042709_1097964660254150_8939790289410885801_n.jpg

The guys kickboxing record is about as bad as his MMA record, about half wins half loses which is poor.
KSW is really corrupt and besides a few legit fights at the beginning they seem to now be custom tailoring opponents for Pudz who their sole superstar (in popularity).

I respect the guy for competing... he's an aggressive man-beast who keeps going for it and is not @ all afraid to get hit unlike Brock...

But I doubt he's gonna go anywhere and he's slow to adjust. It was clear he was having cardio issues w Sylvia and years later he is just now getting to the proper weight (if your source is correct). He did do a big initial cut but 265 of mostly muscle is still way too much. It's like he thought he could simply over-power opponents with no tank.

He also doesn't listen to coaches, his first boxing coach quit saying he's got bad technique and wasn't listening, just relies on horrible power which will be lost with weight cutting. He also trained at AKA and didn't apply any lessons.

It's odd because in Strongman he was known as the smallest guy, the one who relied on technique rather than brutality but he doesn't seem to listen when it comes to MMA. In the meantime he's absorbing damage and getting worn, fighters have a clock.

You can't keep competing wrong until you learn, like basketball, you take damage if you do things the wrong way, you just speed up your retirement.

At this rate his chin will start giving out before he ever develops the technique.​

Any news on Wlodarek?
There are two slots left on the card, both probably in undercard.
I've heard in an interview that Rafał Moks will/might be fighting May 27. He's comming off two losses, so undercard is understandable despite him being quite popular in Poland.
Włodareks last performance was a loss was due DQ after seven wins, so i can't imagine him being droped to the undercard that fast.
But who knows, KSW sometimes do weird things and Włodarek next match 90% rematch against Oli Thompson is a lower draw in Poland than Szymuszowski's fight. Could fit in an undercard in may.

It's a shame that KSW has only 4 events a year. Large number of fighters can olny fight 2 or 1.5 times aprox a year.
Michał Kita, Peter Graham, Goran Rejlic, Leszek Krakowski undefeated with a win against Andre Winner in KSW, Atilla Vegh, Jay Silva, Karol Celiński, Kleber Koike Erbst, Maiquel Falcao, Vaso Bakocevic, Ariane Lipski, Katarzyna Lubońska.
All this fighters fought in KSW 33/32/31 and they didn't fight in 34 and won't in 35. And there are a lot great fighters in Poland that should be signed if there would be more events per year.

I understand why they do that: still big venues with less work and risk but it doesn't mean i like it.

I'd be ok with a rematch with Thompson, I think Wlodarek would take it. Winner would get Bedorf. I just really want to see Bedorf fight Wlodarek, I think that'd be a killer match between the best prospect KSW has at HW and their champion.

Back