Krylov knocks Maldonado DEAD at Fight Nights

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

To Fabios credit he ate heavy low blow in the the early goings of the fight and it had to have played a role. Even after that Fabio had Krylov in a tight guillotine but still got his brains beat in for most of the fight. Brutal finish.

not suprised this happend. Krylov is legit and is only getting better. would love to see him compete against elite level competition again in the near future.

Btw am i the only one who would love a matchup between Nikita Krylov and Jiri Prochzaka in Rizin?

He needs to come back to the UFC.. a spinn, an elbow, and a right hand.

An important lesson not to wave someone on like "come on then, bring it" whilst they are already in the process of brutally kicking your ass

The punches that usually knock you out are the ones you don't see coming and the 1 that put Maldonado's lights was 1.

not suprised this happend. Krylov is legit and is only getting better. would love to see him compete against elite level competition again in the near future.

Btw am i the only one who would love a matchup between Nikita Krylov and Jiri Prochzaka in Rizin?
Why would he go back to the UFC?

You are right. He is losing less time and suffering less fatigue travelling, less time away from his family, paying less in taxes and is making more money fighting a less high level pool of fighters. Seems like he made a very good choice.

for now i dont think he has a reason to go back to the ufc other then wanting to prove himself against the best competition. as a fan i would love to see him step it up a bit but i dont think the ufc is his only option.

Bellator has some great options for him and this way he could still compete in russia aswell and like i said, a fight between him and Jiri in Rizin would be verry exciting.

To Fabios credit he ate heavy low blow in the the early goings of the fight and it had to have played a role. Even after that Fabio had Krylov in a tight guillotine but still got his brains beat in for most of the fight. Brutal finish.

Fabio took harder punches than that earlier. Krylov caught him on the button with a punch he didn't see on the break. I think Krylov would tell you he didn't even throw that one at 100%.

He caught Maldonado on the button.

Not the hardest shot, but Fabio was definitely weary and taking too many clean shots.

Bellator has some great options for him and this way he could still compete in russia aswell and like i said, a fight between him and Jiri in Rizin would be verry exciting.
Bellator is paying good money only to famous guys like Rory,Mousasi,Fedor etc, their regular contracts are 10+10. And they have only 2 legit LHW's which are Bader and Davis,the rest of their roster is pretty much equal to any russian promotion. Signing with Bellator would be a side step for him,might as well stay in Russia where he can earn more and wear a belt around his waist. But UFC on the other hand is another deal,re-signing with that organisation would be worth it. He has improved since his last UFC run and he has just turned 26,I think that he can be a force to be reckoned with in top 15.

Bellator is paying good money only to famous guys like Rory,Mousasi,Fedor etc, their regular contracts are 10+10. And they have only 2 legit LHW's which are Bader and Davis,the rest of their roster is pretty much equal to any russian promotion. Signing with Bellator would be a side step for him,might as well stay in Russia where he can earn more and wear a belt around his waist. But UFC on the other hand is another deal,re-signing with that organisation would be worth it. He has improved since his last UFC run and he has just turned 26,I think that he can be a force to be reckoned with in top 15.
i wouldnt mind seeing him back in the ufc. i am only saying there are other options out there if he wants to fight legit competition. Besides Bader and Davis Bellator has McGeary, Vassell , Mo and Nemkov. Mousasi has stated that he wants to fight at lhw aswell. those are all verry competitive matchups for Krylov.

McGeary, Vassell , Mo and Nemkov. Mousasi has stated that he wants to fight at lhw aswell. those are all verry competitive matchups for Krylov.
These guys are equal to Mokhnatkin,Omarov,Murtazaliev,Astakhov,Newton,Maldonado or Shamil Akhmedov. Not worse but not much better either. For instance Krylov can fight against Mokhnatkin in FNG and that fight would be very competitive. Or he can fight someone like Dmitry Minakov if that guy puts together a couple more wins.

Last edited:
for now i dont think he has a reason to go back to the ufc other then wanting to prove himself against the best competition. as a fan i would love to see him step it up a bit but i dont think the ufc is his only option.

UFC LHW is a joke and the best LHW competition is heavily scattered now. 2 of the top 5 belonging to Bellator. Krylov was top 10 himself. People will likely anoint Gus number 1 once Cormier leaves but that will be based off no real accomplishment except “almost”. Luke Rockhold is likely to walk straight into a title shot after losing 2 of 3 at MW. Best competition my ass.

Coker should try to get the this kid, only 26 and already a contender... maybe Rizin if they make another 100 KG GP would be good
Can not believe how the UFC let him go, LHW is awful right now
Asking the hardcore russian mma fans who can be the next rival for Krylov in the FNG roster

Coker should try to get the this kid, only 26 and already a contender... maybe Rizin if they make another 100 KG GP would be good
Can not believe how the UFC let him go, LHW is awful right now
Asking the hardcore russian mma fans who can be the next rival for Krylov in the FNG roster
Krylov called out Vitor Belfort in his post-fight speech.

Back