Krause looked bad in all his fights.

VERBAL-FEDOR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WTH? This guy was probably the favorite to win it all but....

He was getting lit up on the feet by Jonny "Meisha Tate's Boy Toy" Nunes

Ramsey was mauling him till he gassed out

And Jesse "Take em down" Taylor was in zero danger the whole fight...

What gives here? "The James Krause" was way overrated.

He's 4-3 in the UFC with no real major wins and he's only been on the main event twice so it's not like he's anything more than a prelim fighter.
Someone would need to rate him in the first place for him to be considered overrated.

He's 4-3 in the UFC with no real major wins and he's only been on the main event twice so it's not like he's anything more than a prelim fighter.
Someone would need to rate him in the first place for him to be considered overrated.
This is true but it seemed that the show was produced around him. That and he really did a good job talking himself up.

IDK, did not impress in the cage.

I suspect he underestimated his opposition which would explain his less than stellar performances but I think the real reason he looked bad is because he's not nearly as good as he made himself out to be. He struggled mightily against the best opponents in the competition, but he also looked bad against a late replacement. He's not exactly a top contender in the UFC lightweight division, nor did he have impressive outings during his stints in Bellator and WEC.

I suspect he underestimated his opposition which would explain his less than stellar performances but I think the real reason he looked bad is because he's not nearly as good as he made himself out to be. He struggled mightily against the best opponents in the competition, but he also looked bad against a late replacement. He's not exactly a top contender in the UFC lightweight division, nor did he have impressive outings during his stints in Bellator and WEC.
This is true.....the way he spoke about and carried himself, gave the impression like he was just so much better....

But nah....pulling for toothless Tom to choke him out tomorrow.

Every fight he progressively looked worse

Agreed although can't be easy fighting that many times in that many days

No wonder Jesse does so well, it's a wrestlers bread and butter

Agreed although can't be easy fighting that many times in that many days

No wonder Jesse does so well, it's a wrestlers bread and butter

Yeah have to take in to account how often they were fighting - not really normal for a professional so being banged up maybe played in to it.

Also, he is not a natural WW. Not an excuse because other guys there aren't either, but might also play in to it.

James Krause is James Krause. I find him enjoyable but never thought he was known as a top fighter.

He just lost to Valmir Lázaro, who along with every opponent Krause ever faced in the UFC, has been cut or retired after losing multiple bouts. Masvidal being the exception.

he did pretty well

Nunes rushed him and managed to catch him off guard but then immediately got it turned around on him

Ramsey is legit and that was a war

JT was too big he used to be a MW and Krause is a natural LW

What was interesting about this season is that nobody really looked great. Out of everyone it was probably JT who emerged as the dominant one. But there was no Uriah Hall this year and you do have to question what kind of future any of the guys really have in the UFC. I don't think we have any future UFC champs on our hands.

Bobby Green loss was total bullshit. Big John must have had money on Green. I can't believe this has never been overturned.

Krause has been underwhelming in almost every fight I've seen him in. He seems like a knowledgeable, skilled guy but lacks the athleticism and strength. Absolutely no power in his shots and just looks straight up weak at times.

Ramsey effectively eliminated Krause. The fight was close, & afterwards Ramsey didn't really look like he took much damage, but Krause was a mess.

Krause has been underwhelming in almost every fight I've seen him in. He seems like a knowledgeable, skilled guy but lacks the athleticism and strength. Absolutely no power in his shots and just looks straight up weak at times.

He reminds me of Bisping. Technically sound but lacking power and aggression.

James Krause went up in weight for TUF... he's been at 155 for his entire career.

Also agree about the Green fight. Was shaping up to be great before that third but shot.

Lastly, he doesn't need money. He doesn't fight for a living. He took his double bonus money from the Stout fight and bought the gym he trained out of, paid of his wife's nursing schooling and started a couple of small businesses. Tbh, I don't know why he still fights. He doesn't need to. I'm glad he does though, because he is still one of my favorites. And honestly as the favorite on the show, he had a big ass target on him.

James Krause went up in weight for TUF... he's been at 155 for his entire career.

Also agree about the Green fight. Was shaping up to be great before that third but shot.

Lastly, he doesn't need money. He doesn't fight for a living. He took his double bonus money from the Stout fight and bought the gym he trained out of, paid of his wife's nursing schooling and started a couple of small businesses. Tbh, I don't know why he still fights. He doesn't need to. I'm glad he does though, because he is still one of my favorites. And honestly as the favorite on the show, he had a big ass target on him.

See I would say people who don't need the money and fight DO live for fighting. They do it because they need to - like BJ. Krause is a great technical fighter but he doesn't have the straight.

Back