Kovalev vs Shabranskyy Nov 25th 2017

i guess ward could've brought a gun in there and shot kovalev in the guts and half of this board would still be saying what he did was fine.

he punched him square in the nuts like 8 times.
I was talking about the first fight. Kovalev scoring a KD was all he needed to do to win to a lot of fans.

He did basically stop him with low blows if we are being honest

Hurt him with a right beforehand tho
I think its one of the most exaggerated excuses I've heard for a loss. Kovalev was finished well before the ref jumped in anyway.

They should have given Kovalev to the guy who recently knocked out bith this eukranian and beat Joe Smith.
Sulivan Barrera!

They should have given Kovalev to the guy who recently knocked out bith this eukranian and beat Joe Smith.
Sulivan Barrera!

main events offered the fight to barrera but he didnt like the contract, this before the fight was for the belt

They weren't really promoting a Barrera showdown, but that'd be a great fight.

Don't get me wrong, I'd watch Kov vs Bivol, or Beterbiev, but I don't know how makeable those fights are atm.

I was talking about the first fight. Kovalev scoring a KD was all he needed to do to win to a lot of fans.
Between the three judges there were seven rounds scored by at least one judge for Kov. That's not even factoring in press scores. With the knockdown taken into account, it shouldn't be difficult to see why so many people scored it for Kovalev.

Between the three judges there were seven rounds scored by at least one judge for Kov. That's not even factoring in press scores. With the knockdown taken into account, it shouldn't be difficult to see why so many people scored it for Kovalev.
8 judges scored 11 different rounds for Tim Bradley in the first Pacquiao fight.

They weren't really promoting a Barrera showdown, but that'd be a great fight.

Don't get me wrong, I'd watch Kov vs Bivol, or Beterbiev, but I don't know how makeable those fights are atm.
There are already talks of Kovalev and Barrera for March 3

8 judges scored 11 different rounds for Tim Bradley in the first Pacquiao fight.
yes and while i didn't personally agree with the results, i dont think it was a robbery

that's exactly why I brought it up

now should i include all hte unnoficial judges who scored rounds for Kov?

Last edited:
meh, i wouldn't call that clean, either. kovalev let the fight slip from him, but i'd have to stretch quite a bit to give it to ward. i think the majority of the people watching at the time were kind of pissed with the result, too.

by the way, did anyone think kovalev looked kinda soft physically in this fight? not fat or anything, but less muscular, not quite as lean.

I think its one of the most exaggerated excuses I've heard for a loss. Kovalev was finished well before the ref jumped in anyway.
I think he would have lost regardless

But he watching the finish it was like 5 nut shots in a row and than the ref stopping it. It was a weird ending all around

by the way, did anyone think kovalev looked kinda soft physically in this fight? not fat or anything, but less muscular, not quite as lean.

Most people put on a little weight when they finally quit smoking cigs.

Most people put on a little weight when they finally quit smoking cigs.
I think I remember Rogan saying that Joey Diaz told him it was tougher to quit smoking than it was to quit doing coke. Ppl always tell me cigs are really fucking tough to quit. I know heavy drinkers who just stopped b/c they wanted to lose weight or it was getting to be too much but they couldn't kick the smoking.

I think I remember Rogan saying that Joey Diaz told him it was tougher to quit smoking than it was to quit doing coke. Ppl always tell me cigs are really fucking tough to quit. I know heavy drinkers who just stopped b/c they wanted to lose weight or it was getting to be too much but they couldn't kick the smoking.
it's also incredibly popular in Eastern Europe. Far more so than most other parts of the world.

it's also incredibly popular in Eastern Europe. Far more so than most other parts of the world.
Really? Very interesting. I guess there's not much else to do in a place like Siberia other than to smoke and drink a ton of vodka. I always thought the Asian world had the heaviest smokers for some reason. Probably b/c of this kid tho, lol.

2bf6eafced25ff676936500cfdd87d15---month-old-graphic-illustration.jpg

Back