Kovalev vs Shabranskyy Nov 25th 2017

Kovalev has his flaws, but he still walks through the majority of the division. I have no idea what Valera has done for you to have this kind of confidence in him.

It's not his love for Valera. It's his hate for Kovalev.

damn...miguel cotto speaks perfect english now!.....i remember when dude spoke no english at all. now he sounds almost like an intellectual. very impressive!

It's not his love for Valera. It's his hate for Kovalev.
true, i don't like kkkovalev, but it's not like i'm looking for more reasons to put the guy down...it aint that serious. i'm just talking about what i see in the ring.

Based on tonights performance I really dont see Valera being competitve against Kovalev, he’s sloppy and unwilling to engage, if he doesnt get stopped early he’ll just flop around swinging wild punches, clearly not skilled enough to hang with the best in the world

Quite the statement considering Kovalev has only been floored twice in his career (once against Boone in an untelevized bout and the other time due to getting his feet tangled with Caparello).
look at the quality of his opposition....not that cleverly, hopkins, pascal and caparello suck. they're all top talents in their own right.... it's just that none of those guys have one punch KO power backed up with the speed and athleticsm of valera. you don't have to be a top fighter to give a top contender trouble...styles make fights.

Based on tonights performance I really dont see Valera being competitve against Kovalev, he’s sloppy and unwilling to engage, if he doesnt get stopped early he’ll just flop around swinging wild punches, clearly not skilled enough to hang with the best in the world
he went 12 with bivol and dropped barrera in losing a decision...he's prob not gonna beat kkkovalev, but if he catches him like he did barrera, takes advantage of kkkovalev's lack of speed, it could get rocky for sergey.

look at the quality of his opposition....not that cleverly, hopkins, pascal and caparello suck. they're all top talents in their own right.... it's just that none of those guys have one punch KO power backed up with the speed and athleticsm of valera. you don't have to be a top fighter to give a top contender trouble...styles make fights.

Pascal had plenty of athleticism and power. It didn't do much for him.

Sounds like you want someone to dispatch of Kovalev asap, pay attention to Gvozdyk and Beterbiev, with that said they wont put Kovalev with thise two anytime soon, and also Kovalev isnt some talentless bum, he has the best range game at 175, so good he makes up for his lack thereof

The refs in the first two fights could have used a slap in the head... well, multiple tbh.

The judging in The Gambia fight was frightful too, he was getting slapped around for a lot of that fight.

I enjoyed all the fights though, Valera performed well in a step up performance, Kovalev did very well, and Gamboa went ten on three weeks notice. Not too shabby.

The first fight could have gone either way. The second fight was stopped early, but Kovalev was rather clearly done. Go back the heavies.

Dodged the low blow issue entirely.

Ward beat him clean.

Ward beat him clearly but calling it "clean" is entirely inaccurate. He made him quit with low blows. Which is fine because it's the ref's fault so Ward deserved the win but still it was about as far from clean as you can get.

Ward beat him clean.
i guess ward could've brought a gun in there and shot kovalev in the guts and half of this board would still be saying what he did was fine.

he punched him square in the nuts like 8 times.

he went 12 with bivol and dropped barrera in losing a decision...he's prob not gonna beat kkkovalev, but if he catches him like he did barrera, takes advantage of kkkovalev's lack of speed, it could get rocky for sergey.

How long is it going to take you to realize that your retarded nickname isn't going to catch on and just makes you sound stupid?

He had one very close fight with Ward that many thought he won.... and then one bad showing against him.
Against a guy that many are saying is one of the best, historically, in the sport.

But because of that 1 bad showing many here act like "ha! I knew it all along... the guy is no good, terrible work ethic, not tough at all and can't handle adversity."

Set an impossible standard for the opponent you don't like, when he doesn't live up to that standard you use it to confirm the bias you always had against him (or that you had against him because casuals enjoyed watching him)

Barrera is a more competitive fight for Kov, he might even pull it off
Barrera will beat him with body work. Hes an underrated puncher.

That said, Kova will plant him on his ass at some point also. He gets caught off guard/off balance too often.

Last edited:
Back