Kovalev: I've signed for Ward rematch

Smack talking is great but it should be funny or even better actually insulting. Son of Judges is neither of those things. I expect better shit talking from someone as mean-spirited as Kov.

What about Ward calling Golovkin "Lil G" or Mayweather calling him "Triple L"? Those aren't particularly creative either. JS.

Ward beats him clean. Once Ward figured out how to nullify Kovalev's power, Kovaelv couldn't adjust. Whats he going to do this time?
Gage distance better
Throw more shots
better conditioning
Practice on working better in the clinch and adjusting to Wards MMA clinches.

Gage distance better
Throw more shots
better conditioning
I don't buy that he wasn't in peak condition for the Ward fight.

throwing more shots is easier said than done with Ward. Kovalev is an offensive minded fighter, I'm sure he was looking for openings.

Fair question, but I still don't think Ward gives him the rematch. I'll believe it when I see it.

According to both Sergey and John David Jackson, they're still waiting on Ward to sign for the rematch. It's been months and could've been signed already. This is surely a tactic to cause Kovalev to sweat it out. There's really nothing to sweat about, a rematch clause was in the original contract and Kovalev's side is exercising it immediately. Legally, Ward can't fight anybody else unless Kovalev's team permits him to do so. Otherwise, Ward goes back to court for not honoring his contractual obligations. Ward wants this more on his terms, and Kovalev said fine in a recent video, yet we're still waiting for his signature so the rematch can be made.

get a ref who will penalize wards double leg attempts too ffs

Gage distance better
Throw more shots
better conditioning

Throwing more shots isn't as easy as just throwing more shots. I'm getting the impression that people give Kov all of the credit for underperforming, and aren't giving Ward any credit for shutting him down. Ward was better (and in Hopkins case younger) than any of Kovs previous opponents. That's why Sergei didn't do the things he normally does.

I didn't say that you said they were. Stop reaching and exaggerating. I called Kovalev immature. That's defending him? Get lost.

Comparing what he said to what other fighters said did come off as deflecting and defensive.

Comparing what he said to what other fighters said did come off as deflecting and defensive.

I think he's being emo for calling a stupid nickname BS. I just gave him two disrespectful nicknames thrown at Golovkin to prove my point. It's common and I called it immature on Sergey's part.

I think he's being emo for calling a stupid nickname BS. I just gave him two disrespectful nicknames thrown at Golovkin to prove my point. It's common and I called it immature on Sergey's part.

It sounds like you agree with him, but critiquing Kovalev just isn't sitting right with you. You're projecting a bit. Hard for you to say you have no bias here either.

It sounds like you agree with him, but critiquing Kovalev just isn't sitting right with you. You're projecting a bit. Hard for you to say you have no bias here either.

Both camps have been trading verbal barbs leading up to their fight and ever since. It isn't just Kovalev, it's JDJ too, Ward and Hunter. John called Ward a diva for changing the terms of the original contract. Sergey doesn't care, he signed their contract days ago and sent it back. The ball is in Ward's court now. Instead of reading dumb insults from both sides, I'd rather just see the rematch.

Both camps have been trading verbal barbs leading up to their fight and ever since. It isn't just Kovalev, it's JDJ too, Ward and Hunter. John called Ward a diva for changing the terms of the original contract. Sergey doesn't care, he signed their contract days ago and sent it back. The ball is in Ward's court now. Instead of reading dumb insults from both sides, I'd rather just see the rematch.

This isn't a zero-sum game, everyone can lose points. It's clear that you're trying to save face of Kovalev's behalf. Weird, such a big to-do over someone saying something as simple as "that was a bad insult."

This isn't a zero-sum game, everyone can lose points. It's clear that you're trying to save face of Kovalev's behalf. Weird, such a big to-do over someone saying something as simple as "that was a bad insult."

What's Kovalev saving face for? He's called Ward a POS, not a real man, not a real champ, etc. Coming up with a stupid nickname is the least of it. What's clear is that I called Kovalev on his immaturity and noted that what he did do was common. That isn't deflecting it's very much relevant to the conversation.

I think Ward is even less likeable outside the ring than Kov . Son of Sob always comes off as the victim of everything. If he peeled himself off that cross and quit crying he'd be easier to stomach. Dude has been hard luck retiring since he was 7 years old.

I don't agree entirely, but I'll definitely say I don't care for either outside of the ring either. I said it before the first fight, but both guys are completely incapable of generating interest for their bouts.

What's Kovalev saving face for? He's called Ward a POS, not a real man, not a real champ, etc. Coming up with a stupid nickname is the least of it. What' clear is that I called Kovalev on his immaturity and noted that what he did do was common. That isn't deflecting it's very much relevant to the conversation.

This reply speaks for itself.

This reply speaks for itself.

Seriously.

I say Kov said something stupid and he has to point out how a bunch of other people did too. That's not defensive at all right. Then he tells me to get lost and goes on defending Kov from an insult that never even happened for another dozen replies which I am not involved in at all but he calls me emo?

Never understood what the hell his screen name meant until now.

All you'll do is intentionally miss my point and then talk about something slightly related. So no, no I don't.

What's slightly related about coining disrespectful nicknames? It's completely related and one of those nicknames was given to Golovkin by Ward. That's relevant to the discussion regardless of the fighter the nickname was given to.

Back