• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

koshceck vs hendricks

TONKPILS

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
just watched this fight on fuel tv and its was pretty darn close and kos out wrestled him..he got the only takedown in the third and stuffed all hendricks takedowns....koscheck landed 47 significant strikes and hendricks landed 52 sig punches according to fight metric........there like the same exact fighter but johnny is southpaw. if gsp smashed on kosheck no problem id think gsp would do the same...if kos can take him down then gsp certainly could and gsp outboxed kos and hendricks barely beat kos in stand up..........good fight though ....everyone one wants gsp and hendricks to fight but who do u think would win? and would it be dominate?

Gsp would dominate him,just like he will dominate nick,i just prefer to see the diaz vs gsp weigh in lol

Hendricks def. deserves the shot. But I think GSP would probably dominate him as he does most people.

they are not the exact same fighter at all.

hendricks is a far more dangerous striker than Kos ever was or has been. Please name all the elite level fighters Kos has beaten and then take that list and tell me how many he has brutally Ko'd? Hendricks has accomplished more in 5 years in the sport than Kos has in nearly 10 and it's not even close.

Btw mmamath = yous nots so smart, ya understand?

Gsp would dominate him,just like he will dominate nick,i just prefer to see the diaz vs gsp weigh in lol

I agree the Diaz fight is the most "wanted" by most people, and the result would surely silent most of the WW arguments that tend to happen on these boards.

Am I alone in thinking Kos should have won?

just watched this fight on fuel tv and its was pretty darn close and kos out wrestled him..he got the only takedown in the third and stuffed all hendricks takedowns....koscheck landed 47 significant strikes and hendricks landed 52 sig punches according to fight metric........there like the same exact fighter but johnny is southpaw. if gsp smashed on kosheck no problem id think gsp would do the same...if kos can take him down then gsp certainly could and gsp outboxed kos and hendricks barely beat kos in stand up..........good fight though ....everyone one wants gsp and hendricks to fight but who do u think would win? and would it be dominate?

He outstruck him by more strikes than he was outwrestled with takedowns. 5 strikes to 1 takedown. Therefore, Hendricks ties GSP in their fight. But then again I think maybe Hendricks or GSP could win the fight.

they are not the exact same fighter at all.

hendricks is a far more dangerous striker than Kos ever was or has been. Please name all the elite level fighters Kos has beaten and then take that list and tell me how many he has brutally Ko'd? Hendricks has accomplished more in 5 years in the sport than Kos has in nearly 10 and it's not even close.

Btw mmamath = yous nots so smart, ya understand?

I completely agree, but dang man, do you have to be so mean about it? JK, its a forum based on the sport of fighting. I'm surprised I don't see more of it.

i was there at UFC on Fox 3 Live front row basically. and KOS Definitely deserved the nod, i was next to someone from the NJ Athletic Commission and even he said that Kos got robbed.

I rewatched it too.
First time i thought koscheck won, after rewatching i felt like it should have been a draw.
Anyway it was a good close fight, koscheck is though as nails.

That's why GSP vs Hendricks is not such an interesting fight.

I've been saying it for a while.

Hendricks is the southpaw version of Koscheck.
And Hendricks bottom game is really poor....
And GSP has never faced anyone with the standup and ground skills + the agression and cardio of Nick Diaz.

But yeah Hendricks deserves the shot more than Diaz but I don't care for that fight tbh

I've been saying it for a while.

Hendricks is the southpaw version of Koscheck.
And Hendricks bottom game is really poor....
And GSP has never faced anyone with the standup and ground skills + the agression and cardio of Nick Diaz.

But yeah Hendricks deserves the shot more than Diaz but I don't care for that fight tbh

If this is your honest opinion than you have no idea what you are talking about. Please name all these top ten fighters that Kos has ko'd? Oh wait he hasn't ko'd a top ten fighter ever. Please name a time Kos has parried a strike, pulled down his opponents guard hand and then punched over the top of that hand for a brutal KO finish?

Also Hendricks has rarely ever been on his back and when he has been put there he's got up nearly instantly.

Lastly of course you'd rather see Diaz fight Gsp. You're a Diaz nuthugger.

Kos landed harder shots throughout, but Hendrix did stun him a few times. I was pulling for Kos, and felt he won, but it was close, either way.

If this is your honest opinion than you have no idea what you are talking about. Please name all these top ten fighters that Kos has ko'd? Oh wait he hasn't ko'd a top ten fighter ever. Please name a time Kos has parried a strike, pulled down his opponents guard hand and then punched over the top of that hand for a brutal KO finish?

Also Hendricks has rarely ever been on his back and when he has been put there he's got up nearly instantly.

Lastly of course you'd rather see Diaz fight Gsp. You're a Diaz nuthugger.

lol he looked like a fish out of water in the third round against Koscheck when he got put on his back for like 1:47 minutes.
And stylistically he has the same style as Koscheck.

Good offensive wrestler with big power.
The only thing is that Hendricks power is gone when he fights backwards. (evidence the Koscheck fight) Koscheck got him on the cage several times and teed of on him.
He never came close to rocking Koscheck at all.

Fitch and Kampmann gave Hendricks all the room to rush forward and land his big left hand.
Fitch and Kampmann also made the mistake of backing up ina straight line.

GSP's has better footwork than that, and if Hendricks fully commits to that shot, he will be wide open for a counter takedown.

The thing is, Hendricks got serious KO power if his opponents walk back in a straight line.
Good wrestling on paper, all his wrestling credentials haven't translated perfectly into MMA so far imo
He is very predictable as a striker, uses the same combo over and over.

Presents no threat of his back.

I'd rather see GSP fight someone who is dangerous standing up, on the ground and who can fight for a hard pace for 5 rounds.

Agreed with PitPat. People are ranting about Hendricks on these boards in light of his recent KOs (and not undeservedly so) but he doesnt posses remarkable hands, nor have his takedowns been top caliber thus far.

That said, he's composed, tucks his chin, and looks for the jaw, so I've got no complaints there

Regardless of the match-up, Hendricks has done more anyone else and deserves the title shot. Diaz is less deserving than Rory, Fitch, Ellenburger and Kampmann in all honesty.

Regardless of the match-up, Hendricks has done more anyone else and deserves the title shot. Diaz is less deserving than Rory, Fitch, Ellenburger and Kampmann in all honesty.

You could argue about Ellenberger and Kampmann but seriously?

Rory Macdonald?

Back