kosei Tanaka 9-0 retains his title vs Tito Acosta 16-1

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Just finished watching the fight from Japan

Score cards 116-111 y 117-110 x 2

1 judge scored for Murata. Both fighters know who really got beat. French guy was rocked several times and except for early rounds mainly on his bicycle.

Diego Sanchez type decision where throwing lots of punches that are largely blocked out scores the more precise but less active fighter.

Murata should shrug off and realize next time should be more aggressive getting the knock downs. French guy caught himself a couple times saving valuable points.

Still surprised by the other two judges large point award to French guy was more than a couple points.

Japan announcer guessed the unfavorable judges probably did not care for Murata very defensive style. My follow up thought was Floyd jr. Also very defensive but he does land clearly more than his opponents and more busy.

Most of French dude's jabs were either blocked or in the air, he was basically running Marathon. I did not see him landing anything significant except on round 7 maybe. Plus Murata was little hesitant to capitalize on many situations so that may have cost him the fight.

Most of French dude's jabs were either blocked or in the air, he was basically running Marathon. I did not see him landing anything significant except on round 7 maybe. Plus Murata was little hesitant to capitalize on many situations so that may have cost him the fight.
Na. The judges were paid. Plain and simple.

Back