Korean Zombie Really Just Jumps Into The Fire, Doesn't He?

He wasn't very fearless agaisnt Aldo that is for sure, that staring contest was sad to see, i had such high hopes for him.
But this is as good as it comes moment to fight Edgar, dude is battered.

Ya no shit it is a big deal to him personally, that seems pretty obvious.

It's not a big deal career or rankings wise to lose to Frankie compared to losing to a fringe top 15 guy, because people and more importantly the UFC will chalk it up to him being rusty and taking a elite fight too quickly rather than him just simply not being that good anymore.

Also it will obviously be huge if he wins against Frankie compared to a low ranked guy.

Thanks for the advice tho, I had no idea fighters wanted to be winners and not losers.

I did say that it was the fans that had this attitude and not the fighters. Clearly I was speaking from the fighter's perspective. So you wanna agree with me but just be sassy about it?

Most fans won't care about the circumstances though. They don't want excuses. A win is a win.

He wasn't very fearless agaisnt Aldo that is for sure, that staring contest was sad to see, i had such high hopes for him.
Watch that fight again. Aldo had shown a bad gas tank his previous couple fights. Kz waited a couple rounds, let Aldo wear down, and he was starting to throw his crazy shit when he got hurt. I would bet kz was going to win that fight.

Watch that fight again. Aldo had shown a bad gas tank his previous couple fights. Kz waited a couple rounds, let Aldo wear down, and he was starting to throw his crazy shit when he got hurt. I would bet kz was going to win that fight.

Right. It wasn't his game plan to get into a wild fight against Aldo. Not a bad idea at the time since Aldo had shown signs of slowing down in previous fights. It was a technical battle.

200w.webp

2 of my favourites, I think Edgar should be the favourite for his career body of work. Would not be surprised if KZ wins though. Also, it would probably be good for the division if KZ wins, as it gives a fresh contender. Great fight, I expect fireworks. Frankie is a class act, but I wouldn't mind KZ winning & getting a title shot next

KZ definitely has no fear that's for certain. My two favorite fighters at FW going at it and I think the smart money is to bet on Frankie you can never count out KZ. Going to be interesting to say the least.

Real fighters fight anyone.

It's because they don't want Frankie killing off any more young contenders, so this is a pretty fun fight between too old school fan favorites. The young contenders are safe, for now.

I know he's confident but the way I see it, if you're out for a long time you drop in rankings as the division moves on.

He had one fight after military service (which was preceded by injuries) and then another bad injury right after his return. Terrible circumstances. And now he's taking on Frankie Edgar in Denver (high altitude) of all places.

I would have liked to see him take a lower ranked opponent before getting the #3 guy to get true idea of where he's at and to also build up a fight with Frankie.

Fuck it though, you gotta respect a fighter with such guts. War KZ.

ufc-25th-anniversary-event-poster-1536120569.jpg

KZ is fearless, and (fun factoid) has thrown a flying knee in nearly every one of his UFC fights.

KZ is fearless, and (fun factoid) has thrown a flying knee in nearly every one of his UFC fights.
Honestly, the only one I don't remember him throwing one in was against Hominick because, well, we all remember why.

Honestly, the only one I don't remember him throwing one in was against Hominick because, well, we all remember why.

I felt bad for Hominick because of his coach, but that was an incredible run by KZ - the twister on Garcia, the Fight-of-the-Year with Poirier, all leading up to his title shot. I don’t know if he has another run in him, but the dude is must-see-TV.

A Win Vs Frankie puts him close to a a title shot already.

+Edgar just got Ko'd for the First Time of His career. Good timing imo

(That being said, I think Frankie Win this)

but why

I felt bad for Hominick because of his coach, but that was an incredible run by KZ - the twister on Garcia, the Fight-of-the-Year with Poirier, all leading up to his title shot. I don’t know if he has another run in him, but the dude is must-see-TV.
It's easy to forget what a stud Hominick was, too. I know Roop wasn't the best, but I hadn't and still haven't seen someone put him down like that.

It's easy to forget what a stud Hominick was, too. I know Roop wasn't the best, but I hadn't and still haven't seen someone put him down like that.

Was that the fight where Roop was walking around concussed and Hominick’s coach Shawn Tompkins (RIP) caught him and guided him to safety? It was a raw and emotional moment, bringing together the real brutality of the sport with the real bond between these dudes.

That’s why he’s so loved. He fights anyone.

WAR KZ!!!!!

tumblr_nficvoaMkv1tcfs15o1_500.gif

I hate this fight so much. I’m sure it’s gonna be amazing but fuck.

My two favorite FWs ever. I mean I like Frankie more but how could I root against the zombie? How could ANYONE?

What do I do here? Someone help.

Was that the fight where Roop was walking around concussed and Hominick’s coach Shawn Tompkins (RIP) caught him and guided him to safety? It was a raw and emotional moment, bringing together the real brutality of the sport with the real bond between these dudes.
I think so. @Archleone was right when he said it was like watching someone play the first level of their favorite game for the hundredth time. It was just an effortless beatdown.

Back