korea Hip Hop New Generation 15 rapper (eng sub)

Weird, but I didn't hate it. Though it does sound like they are saying "ninja" a lot.

Weird, but I didn't hate it. Though it does sound like they are saying "ninja" a lot.
they're saying "내가" (naega) basically "I am/do ...." although unfortunately "ninja" does creep its way into korean music occasionally.

they're saying "내가" (naega) basically "I am/do ...." although unfortunately "ninja" does creep its way into korean music occasionally.
So that verb is used for both "To be" and "To do", or just "I do"? That could be confusing.

So that verb is used for both "To be" and "To do", or just "I do"? That could be confusing.
there's actually no verb in there. the "가" (ga) signifies "내" (nae) or "I" as the subject of the sentence. the "to be/do" (or whatever) verb comes later in the sentence.

there's actually no verb in there. the "가" (ga) signifies "내" (nae) or "I" as the subject of the sentence. the "to be/do" (or whatever) verb comes later in the sentence.
Ahhhh, cool. I forgot I read somewhere that the verb comes at the end, if I am not mistaken. SOV sentence structure. Korean with their subject markers is still weird to my indo-european brain lol

It's actually better than most slack jawed bullshit that tries to pass for rap here in the states these days.

Ahhhh, cool. I forgot I read somewhere that the verb comes at the end, if I am not mistaken. SOV sentence structure. Korean with their subject markers is still weird to my indo-european brain lol
yeah, exactly. japanese has it too with their "は" (wa) signifying the subject in sentences, like with "私は" (watashi wa) for sort of "I am..." with the verb "です" (desu) "to be" coming at the end of the sentence. i'm relatively new to korean but luckily a bit of familiarity with japanese made the concept at least easier to understand.

Better than a lot of the Rap played on the Radio here in the States.

Back