Koral's New Lightweight Gi V1

JJ Progear -

I'm 5'10 / 175-185, athletic build. I actually like a baggy fit not tight.

What size do you recommend?

Thanks for any replies.

JJ Progear -

Thanks for any replies.

IMO you would be swimming in an A3

A2 would be perfect

See what JJPG says though

I am 6 2 and a lean 190 and I like them snug..A2 top is what I wear in ultra lite

JJ Progear -

Thanks for any replies.

I am same size as you...A2 fits perfect....small amount of room around the shoulders but still comfortable...not too tight. Pants are tight but length is perfect.

Ok, I'm gonna order one of these things. My #7 is crazy hot in the almost 100 degree weather here and it's only going to get hotter. I am 6' 0" tall, 210 pounds. That puts me at an A3 according to Koral's charts. Any objections or thoughts?

Thanks,
JD

IMO you would be swimming in an A3

A2 would be perfect

See what JJPG says though

I am 6 2 and a lean 190 and I like them snug..A2 top is what I wear in ultra lite

So if I'm about 6'2 180, it looks like I'd be with you. But I don't know how I feel about snugness. Would I swim in the A3? What drives me crazy are sleeves and pants that are too short. That's why I was thinking about the A3.

Grrr, the fact is these damn gi makers can't make a gi that accommodates guys who are 4 inches and 50 pounds apart. They're different people! Rant over.

So if I'm about 6'2 180, it looks like I'd be with you. But I don't know how I feel about snugness. Would I swim in the A3? What drives me crazy are sleeves and pants that are too short. That's why I was thinking about the A3.

Grrr, the fact is these damn gi makers can't make a gi that accommodates guys who are 4 inches and 50 pounds apart. They're different people! Rant over.

Well you cant split orders and the A2 pants will def be too short (I paired my top with Atama #7)

So to be safe get the A3 as I hear the Ultra Lite is a slimmer cut than normal Koral..was too baggy for MY preference

These companies should REALLY post measurements so you could compare to gis you ALREADY OWN! Rant over : )

I'm thinking about picking one of these up but am concerned about the pants. I'm 5'8.5" and around 185 lbs with a medium build. It seems like an A2 might be the way to go but I don't want the pants to be too tight as some of you have mentioned. After rolling in them, does anyone who found them to be a tight fit have any comments?

Thanks

Medium build should be ok but if you have above average size quads or a squatter type butt you may have issues....length should be perfect. Overall I am still not a fan of the pants but the gi itself does breathe very well.

i just snagged an A3 so we'll see how it goes. A3 pants are always too small for me whenever i order a Gi, but i am an A3 jacket size. Since JJPG doesn't let you split orders i will probably now have a pair of A3 pants that i cannot use :icon_lol: Not a biggie since i am going to pair the jacket with Atama #7 pants.

(i just received 3 stripes yesterday so i'm snagging the Gi as a mini celebration to myself :icon_lol: )

JD

Medium build should be ok but if you have above average size quads or a squatter type butt you may have issues....length should be perfect. Overall I am still not a fan of the pants but the gi itself does breathe very well.

That's what I was worried about because I have thick thighs. I was trying to decide between this gi and the mundial #7 for my first gi. I would like to have something light weight because I sweat like crazy, but everyone seems to like the mundial #7 pants.

I just received my Koral Light A3. First impressions are positive.

The jacket is just a touch smaller than my Atama #7 in A3. This is a good thing. I prefer a slightly tighter fit. the jacket is of course ripstop but it is different than Atama's ripstop. Koral's ripstop is indeed 100% cotton. The ripstop warp and weft threads appear to be reinforced cotton thread rather than simply using a thicker thread than the rest of the weave. Very interesting idea!

To compare, Atama's ripstop says 100% cotton but to the touch it feels as though there is some nylon blended into the weave. This could explain why the Atama pants do no retain any sweat when rolling. We will see how the Koral jacket does in this department in my next class.

The Koral pants are the exact same size as my #7 pants that are in A4 size. I found this to be interesting. With all my other brand Gis the pants are always to small if i order them in the same size as the jacket. I guess Koral likes to make pants baggy?

I will not be using the Koral pants at all. They actually weigh 3oz more than the Atama #7 pants. So i will be doing the Atama/Koral hybrid uniform and will be fully ripstopped :icon_chee The only negative to this is that my Atama has picked up a slight blue haze from using oxyclean on it. This sucks, but i'll just have to live with it.

JD

Well i have given the Koral Light a good two weeks worth of rolling. So far my verdict is that i don't like it. It suffers the same fate as my Vulkan; feels great dry, but once it's wet with sweat it feels like it doubles in size and turns into a wet blanket. Ugh.
Ohh well. Looks like my #7 still has the top slot. We'll see how the Shoyoroll fares.

JD

I'm 5'11" height (180 - 181 cm) and weighing about 194 lbs (88 kg).
I've got a shorter and more muscular/thicker arms and legs, and a longer waist/back than snakepitz (the guy with the white t-shirt in this video: TEAM EDSON CARVALHO).
I already own a Vulkan ProLight gi in size A2. It's very snug and thight, maybe a little too small to be optimal, especially in training(?). My trainer said it was perfect for competition, though, because of the snug fit. But it does look a tad to small at the start of the training before it gets drenched in sweat.
Size A2,5 would be apprechiated:)
So....
What size should I go for with the Koral Lightweight Gi V2 (I want black or blue)?
And what size for the Atama Mundial #7 ( black or blue)?
I'm thinking of ordering both.

PS! I made a whole new thread for this question. Don't know if it was necessary, but hoping to get an answer quick so did it anyways... http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/koral-lightweight-gi-atama-mundial-7-sizes-1014792/

Dude..you are 2.5 in tops for both gi's mentioned...sucks I know

My Koral (blue and black) top in A2 fits me awesome! 6 2 lean 195. I paired with A3 atama ripstop pants. The A2 pants were really small.

Ok in Atama..the A2 BLUE top was too small..traded it for an A3 blue top with student which when dry was fine but with sweat sloppy..sold it.

Atama #7 in WHITE in A2 fits awesome!

Hope I helped..

i too paired my koral light a2 top with atama m#7 pants in a2 and absolutely love the combination..im 5'9" 170lbs for all's info..

I may be getting one of these soon to replace my Keiko Raca that's gotta a few tears in it. Hopefully it's as nice as I have read on here.

A lot of people saying theyre pairing their mundial 7 pants, but where do you buy gi jackets only?

I just try on my new gi. Be warn I am noob and have not rolled with it. This is just my first impression of gi. Color is not as vibrate as picture shows below. Which is fine because most products never look as good in person in my opinion.

A less vain view of the gi. The cut they would fits me perfectly. Now I was debating on this gi against the Vulkan Pro Light and went her for research. Furthermore I talk to JJPG.com and resolved most misnomers. Those they did give me heads up that from the feedback they get. They say the cut gi fits people with average build. Now that concern because I am 5'9" and 156 pounds. But I have 74 inch reach so basically 5'9" body with 6' guy's arms. They recommend trying the A3 gi for a little room but the A2 fits perfectly. Note I am slim but I would say A1 would be bad fit. I weighed myself with gi on and went from 156.8 no gi to 160.6 so gi to me is light and I mean very light. I weighed myself nothing fancy weight machine.The gi properly weighs close to advertise 3.45lbs not 3.8lb from numbers I got.

Not the best pictures in world but you get the idea.

Those all in all the gi is top notch and I will give more in depth review when I start rolling with it. I got it from JJPG.com.

Back