Kolat online is free

jack36767

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Said it’ll take to long to upload to to YouTube. Just register or login and you get in for free

Huh.

Bought this instead of grapplersguide years ago.
Only recently started getting into wrestling...

This is awesome. He has my favorite video teaching style BY FAR. Shows the move, hits a few key points, shows it again in slo-mo from a few angles, done. I don't need a lot of conceptual discussion, just show me the move and tell me how not to fuck it up.

John Smith approach where he explains stuff in detail (like on his DVDs) is the best.

Said it’ll take to long to upload to to YouTube. Just register or login and you get in for free

Is this a promo thing? He made it sound like he was just going to release a bunch of free stuff on YouTube - basically all his material for free?

If I had to guess

(1) it seems that kolat.com has ceased to be a meaningful source of revenue (if it ever was)
(2) He's probably busy enough being head coach at campbell
(3) He hasn't filmed anything for it in ages (I think)

so he may as well just give it away for free.

Is this a promo thing? He made it sound like he was just going to release a bunch of free stuff on YouTube - basically all his material for free?
I think he genuinely wants to share it so telling people it’s available now helps give access to that resource in the meantime

If I had to guess

(1) it seems that kolat.com has ceased to be a meaningful source of revenue (if it ever was)
(2) He's probably busy enough being head coach at campbell
(3) He hasn't filmed anything for it in ages (I think)

so he may as well just give it away for free.
He really never charged that much for it

This is awesome. He has my favorite video teaching style BY FAR. Shows the move, hits a few key points, shows it again in slo-mo from a few angles, done. I don't need a lot of conceptual discussion, just show me the move and tell me how not to fuck it up.

I think at a certain level the highlights are more beneficial, as only so much of it applies to you if you're already familiar with wrestling (e.g. general strategies, proper setups, advantageous tie ups, etc.).

I know very little about wrestling so the longer explanations can be helpful. I've been looking at Salamone's stuff and while it is really long and sometimes tedious, he clearly explains underlying concepts that many videos only imply. To be fair, I don't know that I can blame the "many videos" I'm referring to because it's rare that they are made as part of a larger, comprehensive system.

To speak to your point, I don't know that I could go back now and rewatch Hall's videos on the triangle but at the time (blue belt) it was amazing to be walked through all the entries and potential counters. Now I can usually just focus on one or two cues to tighten things up since most of the major holes are gone. I feel like I had to still initially go through that tedious process before I could boil it down to a couple cues, however.

To use an analogy, I could read and memorize all the summary notes at the end of the chapter but I still have to go through the process of reading the chapter and solving questions to internalize the info in my own way - there's no real way around the hard work (for me).

Kolat's thing couldn't have been released at a better time. It'll help me not get too lost in the details as I continue to go over Salamone's stuff.

To bring it back home, I think it just matters what level you are. I hate to always reference Holt but he had a cool article where he mentioned that the drilling to formal instruction ratio should increase as practitioners advance. I believe you said you mentioned most of your training consisted of off schedule sessions? Maybe this type of format would do a lot to attract practitioners like you to normal class, which I think is a huge problem (the lack of incentive to attend regular classes, that is). Advanced practitioners can be given brief cues or reminders to focus on while drilling. More in depth or discrete instruction can be given to those who want it or don't feel they have the prerequisite skill to immediately drill.

lol paid 200 bucks or whatever to get it for life 4 months ago cant lie was a bit let down to see there wasnt more info his last vid uploaded was in 2015 or 16

lol paid 200 bucks or whatever to get it for life 4 months ago cant lie was a bit let down to see there wasnt more info his last vid uploaded was in 2015 or 16
You mean since he became a DI head coach

id th
You mean since he became a DI head coach
ink even when coaching he could still record him teaching a technique like whatever he decides to show his guys that day he could still have someone record it

Huh.

Bought this instead of grapplersguide years ago.
Only recently started getting into wrestling...

Jason Scully posted something on facebook this week saying that he has an agreement with Kolat and that he will organize and use all the submission-grappling stuff into the Grapplers Guide. He will pretty much just let go the sport wrestling stuff

So, this kind of sucks for you...

Nice website, has some really nice short and sweet folkstyle and freestyle techniques.

That's awesome!!! It's full of good stuff.

Jason Scully posted something on facebook this week saying that he has an agreement with Kolat and that he will organize and use all the submission-grappling stuff into the Grapplers Guide. He will pretty much just let go the sport wrestling stuff

So, this kind of sucks for you...

Yeah. Sucks.

Though to be fair, it wasn't one over the other.
I bought Kolat, and then days later GG opened.

Because I'd already spent $ on Kolat, I didn't spend it on GG...

Back