Koko the gorilla could NOT use sign language.

I submit that it is grammar when I give a verb tense by adding words. "I played tennis June 23rd" and "June 23rd I to play tennis" and "Tennis I June 23rd play" are all equivalent and could be correct grammar. All three could even be grammatically correct in the same language if the language was particularly loose. I'm willing to be corrected on that.

My last post where I want the gorilla to say things in the same order is probably not a reasonable one in that case.

I don’t really call that actual grammar. That’s just fucking up the English language, like “long time no see”.

I bet Koko could do that using sign language.;)

Does it count if I really really want it to be true? It would change my life overnight.

They say it’s only true if you believe it, or some shit like that.

Like hey, the earth is flat, right?

But yeah, I doubt when they said “mastered” sign language that they were worried about the intricacies of grammar, but more that the ape could communicate it’s limited scope of thoughts in his little world.

He could do it well enough to fool animal people and most of the public, though not well enough to fool linguists.

We’ll keep Chomsky around to make sure we are only communicating. Grammar is much too advanced for our sherdog brethren.
I’m learning a lot here. Thanks.

We’ll keep Chomsky around to make sure we are only communicating. Grammar is much too advanced for our sherdog brethren.
I’m learning a lot here. Thanks.
What's ASL for "sarcasm" and how many bananas do they give you for it?

What's ASL for "sarcasm" and how many bananas do they give you for it?

They only give you one banana, but here is the kicker, they stick it up your pooper....a fucking banana, yeah, a banana right up the old poopchute. Un-fucking-believe-able I tells ya.

I thought for sure this was a @Scyther thread. The moon landing is a hoax! The earth is flat! Koko the gorilla is a hoax!

Do we know this guy isn’t Scyther? Has anyone scientifically proven he isn’t? No? He is Scyther then. There is no evidence saying otherwise, so he must be Scyther.

I think you could look up those languages on your own and discover that we know some things about native american grammar. Your response on Africa is nonsensical.

How is it nonsensical? There hundreds of languages.. It's nice you named a small family of them as an example. There are still hundreds of tribes and numerous languages.

How is it nonsensical? There hundreds of languages.. It's nice you named a small family of them as an example. There are still hundreds of tribes and numerous languages.
You should have thanked me for pointing you somewhere that would help you cure your goddamn ignorance that led you to assume that African languages didn't have what the "white man" would call grammar before he came and bestowed his white words upon them (while fucking hilariously trying to imply that I was the one being racist, by the way- nice try LOL)

TS is beyond rustled. Now I get why they use this ape to signify rustling. {<jimmies}

TS showing poor character to speak ill of the newly dead.LET THAT MONKEY REST IN PEACE YOU TURD

TS took a sign language course and bombed it. He's infuriated that an animal is better at it than he is.

Last edited:
You should have thanked me for pointing you somewhere that would help you cure your goddamn ignorance that led you to assume that African languages didn't have what the "white man" would call grammar before he came and bestowed his white words upon them (while fucking hilariously trying to imply that I was the one being racist, by the way- nice try LOL)

Most African dialects, a vast majority, did not have written language or in depth grammar.. We are talking about those.. Were those languages?

did a gorilla fuck your wife or something?

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back