KOFightgear.com 16oz. Sparring Glove preliminary review

combatkimura

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Customer service:Ordering online was fast and easy but the best part of the ordering process was the fact that I placed my order late in the day 3:40 on a Friday and the order still shipped the same day. I sent an e-mail to Neil asking if there was anyway the gloves would ship that day, knowing that it would most likely not happen. He e-mailed me right back and said that the UPS truck had just picked up at 3:20 but that he called them and they were coming back to pick the gloves up. I was blown away, and sure enough 30 minutes later another e-mail with the tracking number. I never would expect to get this type of customer service anywhere, Neil is building a business based on quality products at great prices AND he is providing outstanding customer service. There's an old saying in the sales industry that states "Price, Quality, Service, pick two because you can't have all three." Neil has ignored this addage, I am very glad he did.

Initial Impressions:The gloves appear to be very well made, very high quality leather, all stitching is clean, wrist padding is dense and exceptionally supportive, wrist strap is wide and very strong, and fit is excellent. The padding seems a bit dense to me but I like the compact feel of the gloves and as long as my sparring partners do not complain that they are too hard (doubt they will) I'll be happy with them.

1/2 hour heavy bag beatdown:I wore myself out hammering on the bag and I have to say these gloves are fantastic so far. The padding is not as thick as my IMF sparring gloves but does a very good job of protecting my hands. The wrist support is the best that I've experienced, even with wraps on my IMF gloves did not instill total confidence in the wrist support category, however the KOs had me not worring about it at all.

ko3.jpg

ko1.jpg

ko2.jpg

I plan on updating this review after a month or so of use, so far I am very happy with every part of this purchase.

(oops looks like I got a free Cryogel plug in the picture there, I'll be waiting for my check Cryogel :icon_chee )

nice pics!! they look a lot better than the ones on the site.. i'm more inclined to buy them now.. =]

Thanks, these things are built like tanks. Pics are decent, my dad's a pro photographer I think he would beg to differ LOL.

I have those same gloves, have held up strong for almost a year now. Neil and KOFightgear were great to deal with, too

Very nice review. I'd like some pics of the KOfightgear heavy bag.

They really need to change their logo design, it looks like someone made it in Microsoft Word

^^^^DItto, maybe add some color. Top notch gloves it sounds like, but they dont appear to have any style what so ever

I'm going to invest in some new gloves for Muay Thai soon...the KO FightGear gloves I have are about 3 years old...love 'em, maybe a bit loose in the hand compartment from being used exclusively for bag/sparring work, so time for them to be replaced...

...recently I got some WAAY overpriced Cleto Reyes Training gloves w/ hook'n'loop closure...don't like em, unless I'm going to spar or compete, they don't feel good hitting the bag (puts wrist at a wierd angle) and the elastic cuff that slips down over the velcro is an incredible pain to deal with...used 'em for a day, hated them, and went right back to my KOs...

...now what I'd like someone to weigh in on, is how do the KO gloves match up to Twins, Fairtex, Raja, Thaismai, etc? I've noticed that the leather is different on the KO gloves (seems softer, thinner) when compared to Twins, and the Twins gloves seem to be bigger and more heavy (16oz vs. 16oz KO gloves). Anyone who has used KOs and one of the other brands, please contribute.

TY SHYNE said:
^^^^DItto, maybe add some color. Top notch gloves it sounds like, but they dont appear to have any style what so ever

Fancy logos and colors cost money. I'd rather have a great plain glove at a great price than raise the price just so I can impress people with my fancy gear.

How long usually does it take for the gloves to get here??

I ordered last night and my card is still not charged.

Well, you ordered on a Saturday. I'm not sure they are open on Saturday. Give them a call, leave a message, send an e-mail. Neil will get back to you asap.

This glove looks great. I was originally going to get the Twins Special, however that comes with a $25 shipping fee. These gloves are free shipping, and based on all the reviews I have read, they seem to be about as good. I think I am going with the KO's

i have the same gloves and definitely have no complaints.

had my KOFG gloves for 3+ years...expecting a pair of Twins in a couple of weeks...after I give them a good test drive, I'll post a comparison review of them, the KOs, and the uber-expensive Cleto Reyes velcro Training gloves my wife got me that I'm trying to sell on Ebay...

Thanks for the review
Can anyone post some pictures of these gloves next to any other gloves they might have. I'd like to get an idea of how they compare in cuff size, overall size etc with other brands. Thanks

Aloha everyone! Just wanted to thank you for posting such helpful reviews. I just got off the phone with Neil and all I can say is "AWESOME". Great customer service and a stand up guy. I'm really excited to get my Gloves and Mitts. Again thanks everyone for posting such helpful reviews. Aloha!

I just picked up a pair of these. I have not used them yet though. I also think the padding seems a bit dense. Does anyone know how these feel being hit while light sparring without headgear?

all gloves require break in time, the feeling of being hit varies depending on the person. If it's light than its nothing to be afraid of.

Back