Koch network pledges to defend Republicans who vote against GOP health bill

Make sense for the Koch brothers put a few coins in the influence bucket to try and keep a bill getting passed that would cost them easily a billion"s" of profit in pharmaceutical drugs alone. On top of that Plenty of Republicans and Democrats are heavily invested in Pharma and lobby like a mofo for them.

A majority of all our congress and government on all sides are greedy and weak scumbags.

What a shit show.

I have an idea who
1-111.jpg

Aww the meme maker messed this up by putting "Medicare" instead of Medicaid.

Negotiations with WH promised drastic changes over night to try and win Freedom Caucus members - they're warming up to it now it seems. So it might pass basically unread since the changes were made the night before the vote. Trump/Ryan is desperate to get it passed by any means necessary with the idea then the Senate passes a drastically more moderate bill and then when combined the play will be "this is it - your only chance to repeal Obamacare - take it or forever shut up" to the Freedom Caucus come the final vote.

Last edited:
The re-opening of negotiations is an admission of what has been clear all along ― that the bill as constructed by Ryan does not have the votes to pass on Thursday. It also represents a major reorganization of a significant chunk of the American economy in a matter of hours.

Conservatives are using their considerable leverage on the measure ― the Freedom Caucus has demonstrated it has the votes to sink the legislation ― to extract concessions on the Essential Health Benefits section of the bill, which mandates that insurers offer plans covering 10 services: outpatient care, emergency room visits, hospitalization, maternity and newborn care, mental health and addiction treatment, prescription drugs, rehabilitative services, lab services, preventive care and pediatric services.

“Negotiations are taking place,” Freedom Caucus member Randy Weber (R-Texas) told reporters Wednesday night. Asked if he thought they were going to get to a deal, Weber said it sounded like it.

“The president’s moving our way,” he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s_58d31ae2e4b0b22b0d19c317?tzc1bj7m5wjx3fecdi

LOL at the Kochs. "When we said 'repeal', we meant piles of dead bodies in the streets! 24 million uninsured? We have to double that!"

Man, I wish I were there to see some of the responses from the redneck MAGA people when they first have that actual moment of realization (hospital bill from the latest family heroin overdose) that the AHA doesn't just take health coverage away from black people in Northern cities...

loling@ race baiting

Obviously they don't support the bill because it doesn't fuck enough poor people over and contribute even more tax dollars to the ultra wealthy.

I wonder if the Koch dickheads will support Republicans that vote against the bill because it goes to far and they can't support kicking people off insurance.....

I'm now betting that this WILL pass the house. Freedom Caucus is getting it further gutted to the point "insurance" can be nothing, cover nothing - be insurance in name only, and Ryan and Co will force a rushed vote without anybody else being able to read what they're voting for to steamroll it through.

I'm so glad to be insured through my employer.
Same here (my company pays 100% of insurance premiums).

But that's the thing, many (maybe most?) educated professionals are getting insurance through their employers as well as union members. But it is the poor and the old that get absolutely fucked by the AHCA.

I'm now betting that this WILL pass the house. Freedom Caucus is getting it further gutted to the point "insurance" can be nothing, cover nothing - be insurance in name only, and Ryan and Co will force a rushed vote without anybody else being able to read what they're voting for to steamroll it through.
You should fish for a bet in the bets thread. I'm leaning that it will not pass today (likely that it gets revised and passed later) but I don't feel really strongly about it. If enough greasing gets done the nay sayers in the GOP could turn for sure.

Which will turn the whole thing into the taxpayers just funnelling money into insurance companies and getting nothing for it. Corporate welfare of the highest degree.

No deal between Trump and Freedom Caucus. Ryan doesn't have the votes to pass. Will most likely be delayed.

Back