KO of the Week: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Thiago Taveres

It was a leap in uppercut.(Khabib's hand starts from his crotch). Dangerous against a right cross counter, but Tavares didn't see it.

upper.jpg

I think Bib's standup gets slept on, but really his standup only needs to be good enough to get the fight to the ground.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tony gets too cocky standing, and Khabib puts him out.
i think tony by (T)KO standing is one of the most likely outcomes of this fight

embarrassing loss for tavares imo

lol

I guess you dont know what a left hook looks like.
The top of his hand and knuckles is what made contact... in an uppercut type trajectory.

I dont think that punch has a name. Ima call it the Khabib punch.

This is what a leaping left hook looks like:

I never said he threw it with perfect technique, but he did throw it to land and was successful. Not sure what the objective of striking is if not to hit your opponent with well placed shots. I would say it was more like a Roy Jones Jr kind of leaping left hook. Someone else mentioned the shovel hook, maybe that is the correct term? either way it was a punch I see drop boxers and MMA fighters quite regularly, and he turned it over pretty nicely too (Khabib)

roy-jones-jr-gazelle-punch.gif

The amount of unanswered blows he allowed joanna to absorb vs rose was unconscionable.
He stopped it once she tapped to strikes, so it would appear she was able to intelligently defend herself after all, even if just to notify the referee she was done.

lol

I guess you dont know what a left hook looks like.
The top of his hand and knuckles is what made contact... in an uppercut type trajectory.

I dont think that punch has a name. Ima call it the Khabib punch.

This is what a leaping left hook looks like:

Yeah it sort of reminded me of a leaping explosive version of the shovel punch Big Timmeh landed on Arlovski back in the day. Effective little punch but in Khabibs case I think it works as a scrappy power punch blended in with the rest of his game

Ah this takes me back. So freaking good.

me too brother , remember watching the fight when i was a teen , admittedly because it was Ken Shamrock and i was a fan of his due to his pro wrestling years in WWE , but the beating he taken from Tito was pretty harsh , good times.

Back