KO of The Week - BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes 3

Definitely one of BJ's most emphatic wins.

Nice. One of the very few instances in a trilogy where the guy who won the 1st fight, went on and win the 3rd fight. Most trilogies end up with the guy who won the 2nd fight (rematch) ultimately winning the 3rd fight.

It was a fast KO by Penn and a disappointing loss as a Hughes fan. Matt was on a little win streak at the time so it sucked to see Bj just starch him in the first lol.

I remember watching this one. Wanted both fighters to win here. Matt was the old Uriah Faber back in the day I wish he didn't get in that accident and fought again in Bellator.

uiheahd-4k-6104394.png

Hughes had no chin left at this point to be fair....

Nice. One of the very few instances in a trilogy where the guy who won the 1st fight, went on and win the 3rd fight. Most trilogies end up with the guy who won the 2nd fight (rematch) ultimately winning the 3rd fight.
He was also winning the 2nd fight until he got injured. BJ Penn was just better than Matt Hughes.

I love KO combos where one guy finishes with the hook and the other guy isn't there to receive it because he's already on the mat

Reminder that this is a guy who's the same size as modern 135ers
BJ Penn is a true sense of the word, "P4P Great". Who goes up and fights a HW Machida when theyre essentially an overblown and fat BW. No one thats who except Penn.

BJ Penn is a true sense of the word, "P4P Great". Who goes up and fights a HW Machida when theyre essentially an overblown and fat BW. No one thats who except Penn.
he Is indeed one of the greatest of all time to those In the know

Back