Knightfall: New Knights Templar series on the History Channel

Judging from tone of first episode, this is not as mature as Vikings. Its more fairy tale-ish, disney-ized.

Normally a show like this coming after a show like Vikings probably wont last.

They really pushed the jews being nice innocent people being scapegoated who need protection agenda in their first episode. Not sure what that has to do with finding the Holy Grail or retaking the Holy Lands.

History channel sucks dick these days so I don't have high hopes for this, the fuck do you call yourself the history channel and bastardize history.

They should bring back

I just watched the first episode. Not as well done as Vikings and as othets have said, not as mature either.

Cgi in Acre was crap.

Has potential though.

Somehow I feel like its gonna be like pearl harbor movie. A convoluted romantic story with the crusades as a background. Yes, they're going to introduced a hot muslim chick to make one of the characters question his faith and zeal.

I just watched the first episode. Not as well done as Vikings and as othets have said, not as mature either.

Cgi in Acre was crap.

Has potential though.

That scene of Acre is filmed in Dubrovnik. I think that is where they film GOT kings landing scenes too. Same Harbor I believe.

Somehow I feel like its gonna be like pearl harbor movie. A convoluted romantic story with the crusades as a background. Yes, they're going to introduced a hot muslim chick to make one of the characters question his faith and zeal.

They should put this on movie channel, and show boobies.

Second episode was much better. Still doesn't hold a candle to Vikings though.

Had to stop watching when the french peasants spoke with british accents.

I don't like the way they run this show. It becomes difficult to tell the difference between dreams, flashbacks and what is supposed to be real time. Last night reminded me of my youth when a movie theater projected the reels in the wrong order. Landry is missing, then he's there, then he's missing again and is in a wooden crate hanging over a fire. He breaks out and is hanging by a collar on his neck while standing on a stone. Then he is helped to escape but figures out it's a fake escape.

I was PVR'ing this show with the intent of catching up later but I saw a bit of one of the episodes with my dad and didn't like it at all. The french speak with British accents. Couldn't they have hired french actors? I had other complaints but instead of listing them I'll just ask should I give it a try anyways?

I wanted to watch but forgot. Disappointed to hear it's only a 30 minute show. That kind of makes me lose interest. I just said to my father the other day that I wish this story covered the formation of the Templars and not 200 years later.

Templar Origin Story would have been bad ass:cool:

I was PVR'ing this show with the intent of catching up later but I saw a bit of one of the episodes with my dad and didn't like it at all. The french speak with British accents. Couldn't they have hired french actors? I had other complaints but instead of listing them I'll just ask should I give it a try anyways?

Maybe wait until it's over and binge watch it. Without commercials it might be easier to watch. It becomes difficult to keep track of what's going on and where they are physically and by timeline in the show.

Templar Origin Story would have been bad ass:cool:
I've read just about every book fictional and non about the origins of the templars. I was really hoping this show would cover the beginning. Oh well, maybe future seasons.

Maybe wait until it's over and binge watch it. Without commercials it might be easier to watch. It becomes difficult to keep track of what's going on and where they are physically and by timeline in the show.
That's what I'll do. Thanks.

Had to stop watching when the french peasants spoke with british accents.

This takes place in France. Shouldn't everyone be speaking French? Of course that would greatly limit the audience it could be sold to.

I've read just about every book fictional and non about the origins of the templars. I was really hoping this show would cover the beginning. Oh well, maybe future seasons.

This series covers the end of the Templars.

Back