Knightfall: New Knights Templar series on the History Channel

G

Guestx

Based on the trailer I feel like this one could go either way, but the Knights Templar is always an interesting subject and History Channel has a good track record when it comes to taking history and turning it into dramatic television.

Per Wikpedia:

Knightfall is an upcoming historical fiction drama television series on History. It recounts the fall, persecution, and burning at the stake of the Knights Templar, as orchestrated by Pope Clement V and Philip IV of France on Friday, October 13, 1307. The series focuses on Templar leader Sir Landry, a brave warrior discouraged by the Templars' failures in the Holy Land who is reinvigorated by news that the Holy Grail has resurfaced.

Knightfall was picked up for a 10-episode straight-to-series in January 2016, with Jeremy Renner as executive producer and likely guest star.

EDIT: New trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
High angle shot of knights walking: the series.

Vikings on history channel is one of the best series out there. I expect this to be a good one too.

Oh, it's fiction? Fuck. I was excited for a second. I miss old school History channel with actual documentaries. And wtf were they thinking replacing H2 with that limp-wristed liberal horse shit Vice?

History Channel has gone to shit.

<{nope}>

Oh, it's fiction? Fuck. I was excited for a second.

Vikings is good.

And most of their mini-series have been good. I particularly enjoyed Hatfields & McCoys and Sons of Liberty.

I miss old school History channel with actual documentaries.

They still do that occasionally. But for that, I would recommend checking out the Smithsonian Channel. You can check out some of the full episodes here:

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/full-episodes

And wtf were they thinking replacing H2 with that limp-wristed liberal horse shit Vice?

Agreed

Vikings is good.

And most of their mini-series have been good. I particularly enjoyed Hatfields & McCoys and Sons of Liberty.

They still do that occasionally. But for that, I would recommend checking out the Smithsonian Channel. You can check out some of the full episodes here:

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/full-episodes

Agreed

I don't think I get that channel. I can't do fiction at all. If I'm going to get into fiction is has to be a novel. The closest I get is some reality shows like Alone and The First 48.

I don't think I get that channel. I can't do fiction at all. If I'm going to get into fiction is has to be a novel. The closest I get is some reality shows like Alone and The First 48.

So you don't watch any movies or TV shows?

<bball1>

For some reason I thought this was a KKK thread.

I think I've seen a preview for this show. I might check it out

Update: September 25, 2017

History's Knight Templar Series KNIGHTFALL Gets a New Trailer

Premiering on History on December 6 at 10/9c.

What, no @KnightTemplar in this thread? Disappointing.

On a side note, I hope that people of color are well represented among the knights. If there's no sassy black women in their midst this show is already a flop.

Edit: Never mind, missed him.

Last edited:
Pffft.

I've killed plenty of those guys

Warrior monks, fighting for god...in the end betrayed by their own church.

Back