Knife has a chipped blade (Self defense question)

breadfighter

Toiling in underground sugar caves
@purple
Reaction score
My friend gave me a Cara Cara 2 knife. I read up on them and it appears they are decent knives. The only thing is my friend gave it to me with the blade all chipped up. My question is, would you guys entrust your life in a defense situation to a knife with chips on the blade?

Seems like I could still stab someone pretty well, but i've never been in a knife fight and I don't want the blade to crap out on me if it ever happens.

With chips it could cut as good as a ginsu:

My friend gave me a Cara Cara 2 knife. I read up on them and it appears they are decent knives. The only thing is my friend gave it to me with the blade all chipped up. My question is, would you guys entrust your life in a defense situation to a knife with chips on the blade?

Compared to your username I'd be supremely confident. Unless maybe the attackers are birds. :eek:

Let's be real; what's the likelihood that you will
  1. Have some background in knife fighting/self defense
  2. Get in some sort of altercation
  3. Have your knife on hand when it happens
  4. The chip causes catastrophic failure at the worst possible time

Let's be real; what's the likelihood that you will
  1. Have some background in knife fighting/self defense
  2. Get in some sort of altercation
  3. Have your knife on hand when it happens
  4. The chip causes catastrophic failure at the worst possible time
Also, running is a better self defense idea than stabbing someone IMHO.
But that's just me.

Seems like I could still stab someone pretty well, but i've never been in a knife fight and I don't want the blade to crap out on me if it ever happens.

Post a picture of it for better analysis

What kind of chips are they and what kind of steel is the blade?

Back