Knife attack in Russian city of Surgut, attacker killed by police

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
A man armed with a knife has attacked pedestrians in the Russian city of Surgut, injuring eight. Police have killed the assailant, the local branch of the investigative Committee reported.

5997fe20dda4c8250d8b4569.jpg

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.rt....8b4567/amp/400233-russia-knife-attack-injured

They are getting too quick with these attacks, I can't keep up changing my profile on social media from the Spanish flag to the Finnish and now the Russian flag.

They don't shoot people in the leg in Russia...

Is this general Islamic terrorism or this more specific Chechnyan terrorism?

The latter has a more distinctly statist character than religious character. Don't misinterpret me. The religion shouldn't be dismissed as a coincidence, but I'm just reminding the forum that resistance is more Tamil Tiger than ISIS.

The latter has a more distinctly statist character than religious character. Don't misinterpret me. The religion shouldn't be dismissed as a coincidence, but I'm just reminding the forum that resistance is more Tamil Tiger than ISIS.
So far, they don't know the motive behind the attack. There is however a pretty strong Muslim presence in Surgut.

It could however be doings of a mentally challenged person.

Relax, everybody, it's not a terrorism!

Russian police said that terrorism was not the main angle of the investigation after identifying the attacker.

"The version that the attack was a terrorist one is not the main one," the interior ministry's press service in the Khanty-Mansi region told the Interfax news agency, saying that the attacker had been identified and may have suffered from psychiatric disorders.

Maybe this is like when somebody attacked FSB station and police claimed it was a neo-nazi, but few hours later ISIS claimed responsibility.

I just like how there's no perimeter and roads aren't closed passer by's meters away, buses still operating. Russia don't give a fuck.:)

I just like how there's no perimeter and roads aren't closed passer by's meters away, buses still operating. Russia don't give a fuck.:)
Did authorities tortured and killed the suspect's family and friends yet?

A man armed with a knife has attacked pedestrians in the Russian city of Surgut, injuring eight. Police have killed the assailant, the local branch of the investigative Committee reported.

5997fe20dda4c8250d8b4569.jpg

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.rt....8b4567/amp/400233-russia-knife-attack-injured

They are getting too quick with these attacks, I can't keep up changing my profile on social media from the Spanish flag to the Finnish and now the Russian flag.

Just use this flag as a general response to Islamic terrorism;)

images.duckduckgo.com.png

Is there any "Chechnyan" terrorists left? For me, as a Russian it looks like they joined ISIS/Al Nusra or became their chapters.

Is there any "Chechnyan" terrorists left? For me, as a Russian it looks like they joined ISIS/Al Nusra or became their chapters.
I must admit I'm not intimately current on that. I couldn't intelligently answer your question.

Haven't saw this posted anywhere. Not sure as to why some news outlets are reporting the suspect as 'Russian' because I doubt an ethnic Russian went on a stabbing spree for ISIS. Most likely a Russian citizen from the North Caucus which is predominantly Muslim. His name hasn't been released yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...d/europe/russia-knife-attack-siberia.amp.html
Well I don't know where have you seen news in which they report ethnicities? From what I've seen in Russia, most of the time Chechen terrorist/criminal from Georgia or with Georgian citizenship will be reported as Georgian, same about Azeri from Georgia, same with Kurds from Armenia etc.

Back