Knee Brace Recommendation for BJJ/Grappling after ACL Revision

MikeD71588

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I wanted to get some fellow BJJ and grappler advice on a good knee brace for training and rolling. I've recently been given the OK to resume MA training after a year of rehab from having ACL reconstruction surgery for a 3rd time on my left knee. I was recommended by my surgeon and purchased a Donjoy FullFource ForcePoint Knee Brace to wear during the first year of returning to training. This will work well for the other arts I do (JKD, Kali, Muay Thai) but for BJJ/grappling it will definitely be too bulky and restricting. Can anyone recommend a quality, function knee brace for BJJ and grappling that will allow ACL support and protection while also giving way for deep flexion of the knee for certain positions? I've investigated the Bauerfiend brand which I think will be great for rolling, but for training takedowns like Osoto Gari and any leg attacks I also wanted something that offered ACL protection. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry about your ACL injury. Do you think you might be able to wear something over that brace that will allow you to train with it? One of the guys I trained with used to wear a hinged brace of some kind and then a neoprene sleeve over it. He didn't seem to be too bothered by it standing or doing ground work.

Back