KITTY PRYDE Movie from Tim Miller and Brian Michael Bendis

similar thing with the Flash. Has to have a special diet to keep up with his massive metabolism.

And special drinks, made by Cisco, because his body processes the alcohol so quickly he can't get drunk.

The original flash TV show did the same thing, had to constantly eat.

Marvel just explained guys like Northstar and Quicksilver having insanely efficient metabolisms, using like 96% of what ever they consume.
So they just have little rabbit pellet shits? lol

Update: February 12, 2018

KITTY PRYDE Movie in the Works from Brian Michael Bendis, Tim Miller

Deadpool director Tim Miller and Brian Michael Bendis, one of the biggest authors in the comic book world, are teaming for an X-Men spinoff.

The duo are developing a project called 143, which will be set in the X-Men universe, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Bendis, who wrote various X-Men comics during his almost 20 years at Marvel, will write the script, while Miller will direct.

143 is a code name for the project which sources say will focus on the character Kitty Pryde, a mutant who can phase through objects. The character was played by Ellen Page in 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past.

The project's code name is a reference to Uncanny X-Men No. 143, one of the earliest Pryde stories and her first solo adventure in which she faces a demon alone in the X-Mansion. The issue, by her creators Chris Claremont and John Byrne, was published in 1981.

Pryde has long been an X-Men fan favorite and is influential, serving as an inspiration for Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Collider.com initially wrote about Miller developing the project, for which Bendis was just hired to work on.

Miller broke out as a director with 2016's Deadpool, which went on to become the highest-grossing X-Men film ever with $783 million worldwide.

Bendis surprised the comics industry last year when he joined DC after spending 17 years as a top-billed writer for Marvel, where he created characters such as Miles Morales and Jessica Jones. He also was part of the Marvel Creative Committee that advised Marvel Studios' output through 2015.

Kitty Pryde Movie in the Works with Brian Michael Bendis to Pen Script and Tim Miller to Direct
Who would you cast as Kitty Pryde? Aside from Ellen Page.

One of my favorites, and a film about her could actually be great, if it were handled with care & class, by someone like David Fincher for example.

As it is, it will probably just end up being some schlock, like most of these do.

lol not even joking right before I clicked on this thread I thought to myself. I'm done with this series. I'll wait till this hits bluray unless my wife nags me about going to go see it then maybe I will just for a night out.

At this pt I’d be down for a Kitty Pryde movie. She seems like perhaps more of a side character to carry a whole film but truth is I’d rather see something a bit new.

X-Men franchise so far has been pretty uneven but there has been a lot of good mixed in with the mediocre and subpar.

But the shame of it is im really fatigued on the prequel storyline. Two real fun movies and then Apocalypse was so piss poor that it soured me on this continuity, particularly as we presumably start to veer away from Fass and Mcavoy and go toward Young Cyclops and Jean grey.

Shadow Cat movie could be a break from all that stuff.

as we presumably start to veer away from Fass and Mcavoy and go toward Young Cyclops and Jean grey.
giphy.gif

Haha it’s all kind of moot cause I’d wager this Dark Phoenix movie will be a wrap on that series of films. Hopefully then MCU reboot!

Fassbender and McAvoy were great. First Class And DOFP were among my favorite x men movies.

But Apocalypse is really, really bad and the same young mutants from that one will be the focal pt of this next one.

Even the Jackman cameo in Apcalypse was one of the most tacked on, unnecessary appearances of someone in a film I can think of. The dude is awesome and Logan was sick, but his brief time in Apocalypse there felt really out of place.

Haha it’s all kind of moot cause I’d wager this Dark Phoenix movie will be a wrap on that series of films. Hopefully then MCU reboot!

Fassbender and McAvoy were great. First Class And DOFP were among my favorite x men movies.

But Apocalypse is really, really bad and the same young mutants from that one will be the focal pt of this next one.

Even the Jackman cameo in Apcalypse was one of the most tacked on, unnecessary appearances of someone in a film I can think of. The dude is awesome and Logan was sick, but his brief time in Apocalypse there felt really out of place.
Yes this franchise has probably come to its end. 18 years is a good run. I'm looking forward to new versions of the characters in the MCU. Hopefully there will be no merging of universes, that would be jumping the shark for me.

I never did see Apocalypse, and nothing I've heard about makes me want to.

Lol out of all the characters to pick they choose Shadowcat wtf?? Do a damn nightcrawler movie first.

Yes this franchise has probably come to its end. 18 years is a good run. I'm looking forward to new versions of the characters in the MCU. Hopefully there will be no merging of universes, that would be jumping the shark for me.

I never did see Apocalypse, and nothing I've heard about makes me want to.

Damn thought you’d seen it. I’d say sorry for spoiling something but since you’re not clamoring to see it...lol.

Let me just frame it by saying I found the Last Stand significant better. That’s saying something.

Damn thought you’d seen it. I’d say sorry for spoiling something but since you’re not clamoring to see it...lol.
Ha yeah I already knew about the Jackman cameo, but I still wouldn't care if I hadn't. The funny thing is Logan has a direct reference to it at the end when Logan finally meets the primary antagonist and says I think I met your father... I think I killed him lmao
Let me just frame it by saying I found the Last Stand significant better. That’s saying something.
That's terrifying. Makes it sound much worse than I imagined.

This movie will probably end up making money then JL as well.

Never thought to compare the 2...but now that I think about it...I don't know which one I hate more

Who would you cast as Kitty Pryde? Aside from Ellen Page.
Back in 2013, I cast Lyndsy Fonseca as Shadowcat. If you want me to recast her now, I'd have to think about that.

wqsi1z.jpg

Back in 2013, I cast Lyndsy Fonseca as Shadowcat. If you want me to recast her now, I'd have to think about that.

wqsi1z.jpg
Yeah, I was curious who would be your choice now. But perhaps there is no reason to do it since we don't even know when they plan to start production for this movie and how old Kitty is gonna be in it.

For me Lockheed belongs with Illyana, but I doubt NEW MUTANTS has the right tone for the poor little guy.

Kitty Pryde works as a lead character, despite her awful name. I'd love to see Ellen Page revisit the character under better circumstances. Throw in a little NYX flavor.

She had her own miniseries, if memory serves. I think it was good. She served as an apprentice in some dark dimension?

Back