KITTY PRYDE Movie from Tim Miller and Brian Michael Bendis

200w.gif

Is there a thread for it here or anything?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/neuromancer-deadpool-director-to-adapt-sci-fi-novel.3593657/

Katherine Waterston would be a good cute Kitty Pryde, who needs to be pretty and have good personality and charisma.

I don't know, man, she never really did anything that warranted a solo film, and people aren't exactly clamoring for it. Plus, it seems like you'd get bored watching her phase through walls after awhile.

Wait. What does the marvel deal do then?

Katherine Waterston would be a good cute Kitty Pryde, who needs to be pretty and have good personality and charisma.
Too old isn't she? Kitty Pryde is usually portrayed as being on the younger side I thought, Waterston is 37.

wysdom and pryde? one of my favorite teams and era's in comics... would be fucking amazing if they could lead it into an excalibur movie. ... but... im getting ahead of myself arnt i?

Interesting. I never really considered shadowkat more than a supporting character, or sidekick at best. But I'll give it a chance.

In the mid-80s, Kitty Pryde was being groomed by the writers to be the next big X-man.
She was Wolverine's original protege. They made some mistakes and rushed her along with the Wolverine & Kitty Pryde Limited-Series where Kitty basically became a ninja... But prior to that she had her powers, she was a computer genius, Logan was teaching her how to fight, and she was a teenager growing up with the X-men.
They should have cast her in X-men 1 instead of Rogue (especially since Rogue wasn't that cool without Captain Marvel's powers). I don't see how a spin-off featuring her, based on her previous roles in the movies could work, but I'd like to see her reintroduced in a reboot.

latest
latest

In the mid-80s, Kitty Pryde was being groomed by the writers to be the next big X-man.
She was Wolverine's original protege. They made some mistakes and rushed her along with the Wolverine & Kitty Pryde Limited-Series where Kitty basically became a ninja... But prior to that she had her powers, she was a computer genius, and Logan was teaching her how to fight.
They should have cast her in X-men 1 instead of Rogue (especially since Rogue wasn't that cool without Captain Marvel's powers). I don't see how a spin-off featuring her, based on her previous roles in the movies could work, but I'd like to see her reintroduced in a reboot.

latest
latest
Yeah. I have those issues. I always considered them to be just a little break from the regular format. Sorry, I'm not buying 15-year-old-jewish-girl-ninja-super-hero, no matter which way you slice it.

Give me post-Danvers. Rogue any day of the week.

Yeah. I have those issues. I always considered them to be just a little break from the regular format. Sorry, I'm not buying 15-year-old-jewish-girl-ninja-super-hero, no matter which way you slice it.

Give me post-Danvers. Rogue any day of the week.

I felt Kitty brought a better balance to the X team, but I totally get why Rogue is more popular.

I felt Kitty brought a better balance to the X team, but I totally get why Rogue is more popular.
I like them both as part of the team, neither as a solo, and neither as a leader.

Too old isn't she? Kitty Pryde is usually portrayed as being on the younger side I thought, Waterston is 37.
Waterston looks young, but old enough to give appropriate erections.

Update: February 12, 2018

KITTY PRYDE Movie in the Works from Brian Michael Bendis, Tim Miller

Deadpool director Tim Miller and Brian Michael Bendis, one of the biggest authors in the comic book world, are teaming for an X-Men spinoff.

The duo are developing a project called 143, which will be set in the X-Men universe, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Bendis, who wrote various X-Men comics during his almost 20 years at Marvel, will write the script, while Miller will direct.

143 is a code name for the project which sources say will focus on the character Kitty Pryde, a mutant who can phase through objects. The character was played by Ellen Page in 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past.

The project's code name is a reference to Uncanny X-Men No. 143, one of the earliest Pryde stories and her first solo adventure in which she faces a demon alone in the X-Mansion. The issue, by her creators Chris Claremont and John Byrne, was published in 1981.

Pryde has long been an X-Men fan favorite and is influential, serving as an inspiration for Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Collider.com initially wrote about Miller developing the project, for which Bendis was just hired to work on.

Miller broke out as a director with 2016's Deadpool, which went on to become the highest-grossing X-Men film ever with $783 million worldwide.

Bendis surprised the comics industry last year when he joined DC after spending 17 years as a top-billed writer for Marvel, where he created characters such as Miles Morales and Jessica Jones. He also was part of the Marvel Creative Committee that advised Marvel Studios' output through 2015.

Kitty Pryde Movie in the Works with Brian Michael Bendis to Pen Script and Tim Miller to Direct

Deep down Kitty Pryde’s powers always bothered me. Whenever she becomes intangible she should just drop into the Earth(she actually intentionally did this in a comic and found some secret base with colossus, but whatever) And it’s not like she’s keeping her soles solid, otherwise she couldn’t go thru walls, which she does—all the time.

I know it's a silly complaint, and you can say “it's just a movie, bruh”, but if that were the case why doesn’t Hawkeye just ‘super serious serious punch’ Thanos into oblivion. It’s just a movie, it doesn't have to make sense, right? Blah.

Anyway.

I would say they need to direct to tv or Netflix this, but hell, I wouldn’t have thought a Dr. Strange or Black Panther could be as big as they are.

It could be a good movie but, they could have gotten a cooler x men to give a solo film to

Update: February 12, 2018

KITTY PRYDE Movie in the Works from Brian Michael Bendis, Tim Miller

Deadpool director Tim Miller and Brian Michael Bendis, one of the biggest authors in the comic book world, are teaming for an X-Men spinoff.

The duo are developing a project called 143, which will be set in the X-Men universe, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Bendis, who wrote various X-Men comics during his almost 20 years at Marvel, will write the script, while Miller will direct.

143 is a code name for the project which sources say will focus on the character Kitty Pryde, a mutant who can phase through objects. The character was played by Ellen Page in 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past.

The project's code name is a reference to Uncanny X-Men No. 143, one of the earliest Pryde stories and her first solo adventure in which she faces a demon alone in the X-Mansion. The issue, by her creators Chris Claremont and John Byrne, was published in 1981.

Pryde has long been an X-Men fan favorite and is influential, serving as an inspiration for Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Collider.com initially wrote about Miller developing the project, for which Bendis was just hired to work on.

Miller broke out as a director with 2016's Deadpool, which went on to become the highest-grossing X-Men film ever with $783 million worldwide.

Bendis surprised the comics industry last year when he joined DC after spending 17 years as a top-billed writer for Marvel, where he created characters such as Miles Morales and Jessica Jones. He also was part of the Marvel Creative Committee that advised Marvel Studios' output through 2015.

Kitty Pryde Movie in the Works with Brian Michael Bendis to Pen Script and Tim Miller to Direct

I liked Kitty in the comics, but she's not a strong enough character to carry a whole movie. Her powers are fairly boring, and she's so nice she makes Superman look like, well, Batman. Unless you adapt the one of the classic stories like Ogun or Mutant Massacre it's not going to work. Massacre would require a huge cast and Ogun only works if you have Wolverine.

Last edited:
Interesting. I never really considered shadowkat more than a supporting character, or sidekick at best. But I'll give it a chance.

she's been a huge player for some time now and has lead the Xmen on numerous occasions.

In fact she is one of the most important mutants in the comic books.

She was Wolverine's original protege. They made some mistakes and rushed her along with the Wolverine & Kitty Pryde Limited-Series where Kitty basically became a ninja... But prior to that she had her powers, she was a computer genius, Logan was teaching her how to fight, and she was a teenager growing up with the X-men.

latest
latest

i noticed that back then, but didn't understand it.

i think with good writing, any one of the xmen can become a great character. Cyclops was boring for a long time, but all the modern character development and storylines for him have made him fucking awesome.

Deep down Kitty Pryde’s powers always bothered me. Whenever she becomes intangible she should just drop into the Earth(she actually intentionally did this in a comic and found some secret base with colossus, but whatever) And it’s not like she’s keeping her soles solid, otherwise she couldn’t go thru walls, which she does—all the time.

I know it's a silly complaint, and you can say “it's just a movie, bruh”, but if that were the case why doesn’t Hawkeye just ‘super serious serious punch’ Thanos into oblivion. It’s just a movie, it doesn't have to make sense, right? Blah.

Anyway.

I would say they need to direct to tv or Netflix this, but hell, I wouldn’t have thought a Dr. Strange or Black Panther could be as big as they are.
I hadn't thought of that. She does become intangible while her feet are on the floor, so you're right, her feet should drop through. I think the movies might try to play it off like she's in between strides while phasing through a wall, but that doesn't really hold up. Dammit, now this is bothering me.

I hadn't thought of that. She does become intangible while her feet are on the floor, so you're right, her feet should drop through. I think the movies might try to play it off like she's in between strides while phasing through a wall, but that doesn't really hold up. Dammit, now this is bothering me.
I always assumed she can just kind of levitate when intangible, like a secondary unconscious power when she's intangible that maybe could allow her to full on fly if she fully realized the ability, cause she drops when she wants and has even walked into the air before, so she has some sort of power to move herself that isn't reliant on actual physics to propel her

Back