Kingdom - New MMA tv show

Apparently a Jonas Brother band member is in this show?

Looks like it's what it's going to do for MMA is what Sons of Anarchy did for Bike Gangs.

I'll give it a few episodes to watch, for sure.

I also think the trailer gives away quite a lot.

Just saw the trailer on TV and thought a bump would be a good thing. Could be interesting if its done right.

I wouldn't waste my time watching watching this pseudo sport.

Looks...pretty good actually. I thought it was another reality show.

I don't really watch much TV but maybe it'll bring some new fans in.

Grillo's a solid actor. I might watch this; looks like an extended version of his role in Warrior.

This looks dope
Wish I had Directv

Grillo's a solid actor. I might watch this; looks like an extended version of his role in Warrior.

Probably not as clean cut. Will more than likely fall into line with his The Purge: Anarchy character.

I'll give it a chance mainly because of him being in it though.

Apparently a Jonas Brother band member is in this show?

yea nick jonas. hed work for this role i think, hes been very sick i think so i think he can be inspiring

looks solid overall

The Trailer looks promising , and that Jonas Brother looked like he put on some muscle and I like Frank Grillo , I would have more hope if this was produced by say Starz , but its a Direct TV original so that means its only on Direct TV ? Will it be available on Netflix or Hulu ?

directv is doing original programming now? Well good idea for them. Although they stole the idea from netflix a little late. Wonder what channel it's going to be on?

so far ive read a couple positive reviews

edit: the show is bad. from the get go it looks like its filmed by a highschool media tech class. the nudity brings it down too.

they got some good terminology down about it

Last edited:
how bad is bad? i care most about the script and if the depiction of mma will make me cringe.

Jonathan tucker and frank grillo are actually really good actors, I may have to check this out.

The filming is a single camera set up which is fairly normal for t.v shows now a days, think, " the office" or "it's always sunny in Philadelphia" if you don't know what I'm talking about. I personally like single camera set ups, but if you're used to Hollywood blockbusters then it may bug you. I expect this show to be far more of a character driven show, not exactly an action packed thriller. I will let you guys know when I watch more of it though.

Last edited:
Is this one with Chris Leben in too?

I've never heard of it until I saw an ad fo it at a friends house. It's a direct tv exclusive an I have Charter cable, so it kind of flew under my radar. I was just wondering if it was any good. It has a decent rating (7.9) on imdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3673794/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back