Kingdom Come Deliverance

Honestly I've made it to having sex on a unicorn in the Witcher and that's it. Beautiful game, but I don't know something in the games just never clicked with me could never get into them like I have this.

With the Witcher games, the switch between combat and storytelling is far too weighted towards the storytelling. It gets fucking annoying as hell in Witcher 3. The game portion of the.....game gets way less attention than the story, which is odd, because it's a game. And this comes from a huge fan of the books, and the first two games.

So I've been playing this game for about 10-15 hours, and here is my quick opinion:

The Good:
The story is great. Very gripping at times. And dialogue is well written. And the graphics/textures are great. The landscapes are gorgeous to look at and traverse.

The quests are often interesting as well, giving you an end goal and allowing you a sandboxy multitude of ways to achieve it.

The Meh:
The combat is sort of meh. It revolves around timing your blocks, which is the fun part, and then countering your opponent, which is the frustrating part, because they seem to block 75% of the time no matter whether you feint, attack from the side, top, bottom, chain your attacks, etc.

The Bad:
The major problem I have with this game is the pacing. When you're not watching story play out, you're running from place to place. Every now and then (maybe like once per hour on average???) you get to actually fight something--and in half of those cases, the outcome doesn't matter because you're either supposed to lose, or your fight gets interrupted after 10-15 seconds by the scripted story. But the game is mostly about running from A to B, and then watching a story(occasionally choosing dialogue options), which thank god, is actually good, and then like once per hour you get to fight someone.

Adding to the pacing problem is the ever present load screens. Everytime you talk to someone, you get a load screen of about 5 seconds (more if it's a cutscene) or pull up your map, you get a load screen of about 3 seconds. I have a pretty high end machine although admittedly, I'm not running the game on SSD.

Add to this the very stringent saving feature (you have to drink an extremely expensive potion or sleep--but sleep-saving doesn't seem to always work.....) and a death or mistake can be extremely costly of your time (read: frustrating). Also, this means you can't just quit the game whenever you feel like it. You have to quit when the game autosaves for the most part, which mostly happens after completing a quest.

Lastly, the animations and lip syncing are pretty bad. This is where you can really tell this isn't a AAA game.

Overall:
If the game had better combat and perhaps more chances to partake in combat, it'd be a masterpiece. As it is, it's a decent game with a very well done, gripping story and beautiful graphics that gets boring relatively quickly due to the slow pacing and abundant loading screens.

The end result is that I enjoy myself when I'm playing in bite sized chunks, but I can only play so much of it at one time before either getting bored or frustrated and entertaining myself with some other game.

Last edited:
This definitely looks like a game that's going to be a blast to play after several months of patches.

This definitely looks like a game that's going to be a blast to play after several months of patches.

People keep saying this. What do you expect will change?

Skyrim *still* has persistent bugs that plagued launch half a decade after it's release. What do you think these devs will do, let alone what needs fixing?

Skyrim *still* has persistent bugs that plagued launch half a decade after it's release. What do you think these devs will do, let alone what needs fixing?

Did you even play Skyrim back then? You seem to have a short memory.

Did you even play Skyrim back then? You seem to have a short memory.

That's not an argument. All the major bugs, game breaking glitches, etc. Were addressed by modders, and people that didn't work at Bethesda. That's why Skryim on Switch has all the major bugs the original game had, it doesn't allow mods.

What bugs are you waiting for them to patch out of Kingdom, and also what major bugs were fixed in Skyrim? The physics glitch that sent contents flying around the rooms?

That's not an argument. All the major bugs, game breaking glitches, etc. Were addressed by modders, and people that didn't work at Bethesda. That's why Skryim on Switch has all the major bugs the original game had, it doesn't allow mods.

What bugs are you waiting for them to patch out of Kingdom, and also what major bugs were fixed in Skyrim? The physics glitch that sent contents flying around the rooms?

There is a massive difference between playing Skyrim today (sans mods) and the version at release date. Maybe you're too young to remember.

I've never run into the glitch you're describing.

Ok. Can you name a single difference, let alone a massive one?

This is why I'm asking did you not play it when it came out. You really don't know the difference?

Answer the question. Did you play at release?

This is why I'm asking did you not play it when it came out. You really don't know the difference?

Answer the question. Did you play at release?

Not only did I play it at release, I cited the most well known bug upon launch. Something you had no idea even existed.

So I'm asking again, can you name a single difference, let alone a massive one?

Honestly I've made it to having sex on a unicorn in the Witcher and that's it. Beautiful game, but I don't know something in the games just never clicked with me could never get into them like I have this.

I love the Witcher 3 but you can only play the game one specific way, no stealth, no real magic builds, etc. You can't role play unless you want to be Geralt, the controls are awful, the combat is "ok" but really not that great or interesting enough to keep anyone coming back.

So I've been playing this game for about 10-15 hours, and here is my quick opinion:

The Good:
The story is great. Very gripping at times. And dialogue is well written. And the graphics/textures are great. The landscapes are gorgeous to look at and traverse.

The quests are often interesting as well, giving you an end goal and allowing you a sandboxy multitude of ways to achieve it.

The Meh:
The combat is sort of meh. It revolves around timing your blocks, which is the fun part, and then countering your opponent, which is the frustrating part, because they seem to block 75% of the time no matter whether you feint, attack from the side, top, bottom, chain your attacks, etc.

The Bad:
The major problem I have with this game is the pacing. When you're not watching story play out, you're running from place to place. Every now and then (maybe like once per hour on average???) you get to actually fight something--and in half of those cases, the outcome doesn't matter because you're either supposed to lose, or your fight gets interrupted after 10-15 seconds by the scripted story. But the game is mostly about running from A to B, and then watching a story(occasionally choosing dialogue options), which thank god, is actually good, and then like once per hour you get to fight someone.

Adding to the pacing problem is the ever present load screens. Everytime you talk to someone, you get a load screen of about 5 seconds (more if it's a cutscene) or pull up your map, you get a load screen of about 3 seconds. I have a pretty high end machine although admittedly, I'm not running the game on SSD.

Add to this the very stringent saving feature (you have to drink an extremely expensive potion or sleep--but sleep-saving doesn't seem to always work.....) and a death or mistake can be extremely costly of your time (read: frustrating). Also, this means you can't just quit the game whenever you feel like it. You have to quit when the game autosaves for the most part, which mostly happens after completing a quest.

Lastly, the animations and lip syncing are pretty bad. This is where you can really tell this isn't a AAA game.

Overall:
If the game had better combat and perhaps more chances to partake in combat, it'd be a masterpiece. As it is, it's a decent game with a very well done, gripping story and beautiful graphics that gets boring relatively quickly due to the slow pacing and abundant loading screens.

The end result is that I enjoy myself when I'm playing in bite sized chunks, but I can only play so much of it at one time before either getting bored or frustrated and entertaining myself with some other game.

I've just raided the bandits about 14 hours in and god man, I want a break from fighting. Every time I fast travel now I get into a fight or two. As the game goes on and the area destabilizes combat becomes more frequent, up until this point it was 1 fight every like hour. Now its 3 or 4 fights every hour.

Take it DM bois no one gives a fuck about Skyrim patches in this topic

You realize there's a patch list right?

http://m.ign.com/wikis/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/Patch_Notes

Are you saying these patches are pointless and make no difference in the game? That's just fucking stupid.

Never said anything was pointless, was explaining to you that the core game is the exact same, and no major / massive changes have been implemented. Don't expect "massive changes" in Kingdom either, it will be the same core experience even if they add in bug fixes like weapons making the correct noise, or item values needing adjustments, etc.

As for the patch list you linked? Fully aware of it. None of those are massively game changing bug fixes. They range from editing damage variables, weapon racks not showing proper sword, etc. Just go over the patch list, read the bug fixes for yourself, pretending any of those are things people would notice is laughable.

The reason you refused to list "one major bug" is because there is none, and anyone saying that they refuse to buy a game until they patch in a fix for stuff like "Fixed ebony dagger attack speed" are either outright lying, or have no idea what the bug fixes do.

Take it DM bois no one gives a fuck about Skyrim patches in this topic

B65ACF62BC94AC23B1958C1E149462EB459C8D3D

B0ABF68B610204190E6F01D732466CC4AC0EED26

33AD24ACB7F0984A1FAD9AA17E2F17E17D881F05

BCF3A927CDB5AFB0D7F49B258A4A86E80562A268

So you are saying that because Skyrim "one of the most buggy games of this decade and meme" still has bugs that this game wont get any significant patches or updates? Do you make that comparison to every game that comes out?

Fallout New Vegas was better than Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 yet was made by a different company.

I'm waiting another two weeks, for the developers to lay down the performance and quest patch. It's gonna be a
beabite.gif

for me

Optimization is a big one. Even with the patch, it still runs like shit.

Back