Kingdom Come Deliverance

btw the game runs pretty good for me, all on ultra settings and the lowest i get is 70 fps (gtx1080)

Lock picking mechanics really hold the game back. It's "basically" required in a lot of key quests, yet it's nearly impossible even on easy locks, both with gamepad & MK.

Lock picking mechanics really hold the game back. It's "basically" required in a lot of key quests, yet it's nearly impossible even on easy locks, both with gamepad & MK.
yup that is dumb, i think they are fixing it

He has some fair points in there for sure but he'd be better off not entertaining the pitchfork wielding masses. You simply can't win when engaging either side of the debate. Arthur Gies is such an ignorant, pretentious cunt, too.

He got in "trouble" for wearing a Burzum shirt at a games conference. I own the vinyl for the album of said shirt he wore so we're already kindred spirits. He also wrote some fantastic stories in Mafia 1 and 2 so the man is very talented.

Got 4 days off this week so I'm pretty stoked to binge this game.

I listen to Burzum and know wholeheartedly that Varg is a Nazi cunt. It's not exactly out of the realm of rationality for people to get a little salty about that.

I was holding off to read reviews and see what people were saying about this game.. seemed like it could really go either way. I'm going to buy it when I get off work tonight. It sounds amazing.. and hilarious.

btw the game runs pretty good for me, all on ultra settings and the lowest i get is 70 fps (gtx1080)

Even at 1080p you'll dip into the 40's with your rig. I play at 4k, and alternate down to 2k if I have to. 30 fps is about as reliable as I can hope.

People have been complaining about this, and the bow mechanics? I'm good at either at them, the lock picks are easy once you realize the you have to alternate both joysticks at the same time, and the bow works well if you shoot only a second after you draw.

People have been complaining about this, and the bow mechanics? I'm good at either at them, the lock picks are easy once you realize the you have to alternate both joysticks at the same time, and the bow works well if you shoot only a second after you draw.

Does upping your stats on lock picking make a big difference? Got the tutorial, the sweet spot search while having to turn while being unable to stop halfway through, but the margin of error being so small even on very easy locks makes it a unnecessary headache. Picks being expensive doesn't help. I'm sure it's a timing thing, as well.

Does upping your stats on lock picking make a big difference? Got the tutorial, the sweet spot search while having to turn while being unable to stop halfway through, but the margin of error being so small even on very easy locks makes it a unnecessary headache. Picks being expensive doesn't help. I'm sure it's a timing thing, as well.

You can move as slowly as you want, you aren't being timed (unless a dog, or someone is coming for you). I have zero points in it.

My tip would be push the left analog upwards, and hold it there until you are ready to rotate it counter clockwise, with your right analog, thumb around until you find the dead center of the orange sweet spot, move around it a couple times, like circle it to see it's size, and also create a reference point to where it is on the lock, so as you turn it with the left analog, you can match your location with the right analog (near corner, center, etc. some are harder than others).

Not sure if that makes sense, but, after a couple of tries I've gotten good at it. Just take it slow, when it starts to shake intensely, don't worry or panic, just keep moving your left analog, and keep that right analog centering the pick.

You can move as slowly as you want, you aren't being timed (unless a dog, or someone is coming for you). I have zero points in it.

My tip would be push the left analog upwards, and hold it there until you are ready to rotate it counter clockwise, with your right analog, thumb around until you find the dead center of the orange sweet spot, move around it a couple times, like circle it to see it's size, and also create a reference point to where it is on the lock, so as you turn it with the left analog, you can match your location with the right analog (near corner, center, etc. some are harder than others).

Not sure if that makes sense, but, after a couple of tries I've gotten good at it. Just take it slow, when it starts to shake intensely, don't worry or panic, just keep moving your left analog, and keep that right analog centering the pick.

Left analog up is a big help, and it makes sense since you get a more clean rotation from a "stuck" starting point. Good info, I'll try it next time, thanks.

Even at 1080p you'll dip into the 40's with your rig. I play at 4k, and alternate down to 2k if I have to. 30 fps is about as reliable as I can hope.
its staying around 70, granted i havent had much time playing it

its staying around 70, granted i havent had much time playing it

The big cities will wreck your GPU. I don't mind, tbh, anything above 29fps is highly playable for me.

The developer behind this game is easily a lvl 99 ascended shitlord,

6229f5b5647de1ab05fd7a7333ceba8519b7ea6216e1dce32b20c8407b6baf59.jpg

<{monica}>
Did I read it wrong, or did that fucking idiot claim the dev was racist, then use Witcher - a game with griffins and magic unicorns as a reference?

I'm playing at 1080p,
i7 7700k
32gb 3000mhz ram
and I haven't had it dip under 60. Everything maxed out. I imagine it'd be a drain on resources at 1440p and 4k. There is also a pinned discussion on steam if you have 16gb or under ram you can edit your start up settings for the game to get it to allocate ram properly.

I'm playing at 1080p,
i7 7700k
32gb 3000mhz ram
and I haven't had it dip under 60. Everything maxed out. I imagine it'd be a drain on resources at 1440p and 4k. There is also a pinned discussion on steam if you have 16gb or under ram you can edit your start up settings for the game to get it to allocate ram properly.

i wonder how a 1080Ti will do 4k

i wonder how a 1080Ti will do 4k

The game just has some issues, and bottlenecks. A lot of people are reporting weird dips with faster systems than I am. 4K is very intensive though, it's unplayable at times unless you have the settings on low.

I can already tell this game is worth waiting on. Seems like it will continue to get better with time and future patches/mods/dlc. I am about finished with my first run on Witcher 3 so I'll be in need of filling that gap soon though.

I can already tell this game is worth waiting on. Seems like it will continue to get better with time and future patches/mods/dlc. I am about finished with my first run on Witcher 3 so I'll be in need of filling that gap soon though.

Honestly I've made it to having sex on a unicorn in the Witcher and that's it. Beautiful game, but I don't know something in the games just never clicked with me could never get into them like I have this.

Back