Kingdom Come Deliverance

Kind of surprised there hasn't been any patches yet for this.

Okay, got a mega bug. FUCK THIS GAME.

Cannot save my game at all.

All saves are corrupted. Load and save doesn't work.

So I can play iron man except I can't exit the game.

Fuck this game.

This seems like a multi-platform issue that hits PC as well.

Okay, got a mega bug. FUCK THIS GAME.

Cannot save my game at all.

All saves are corrupted. Load and save doesn't work.

So I can play iron man except I can't exit the game.

Fuck this game.

This seems like a multi-platform issue that hits PC as well.

what quest?

I've run into several progress halting bugs on main quests as well but there were usually workarounds on slightly earlier saves (do ___ sooner, don't leave area when ___ happens, fast travel away and back, ) that sort of thing

what quest?

I've run into several progress halting bugs on main quests as well but there were usually workarounds on slightly earlier saves (do ___ sooner, don't leave area when ___ happens, fast travel away and back, ) that sort of thing

No specific quest.

I figured shit out just now after 2 days of Ironman play. I had left an archery contest without finishing it. This blocked saving without showing up anywhere.

Went back, started a new contest, voila saves work.

Now 98% of people would have restarted or worse.

No specific quest.

I figured shit out just now after 2 days of Ironman play. I had left an archery contest without finishing it. This blocked saving without showing up anywhere.

Went back, started a new contest, voila saves work.

Now 98% of people would have restarted or worse.

I fondly remember a glitch in rattay where the highest stakes archery contest robs you of your winnings because one guy competing next to you fails to shoot any arrows. The game forces you and everyone else to remain lined up in front of the targets staring blankly into the middle distance or you foreit your win by walking away

<2>

I fondly remember a glitch in rattay where the highest stakes archery contest robs you of your winnings because one guy competing next to you fails to shoot any arrows. The game forces you and everyone else to remain lined up in front of the targets staring blankly into the middle distance or you foreit your win by walking away

<2>

That would fuck up your save games...

That would fuck up your save games...

Yeah thats a first on my end

First playthrough, not sure if multiple resets will make it jangly eventually

Definitely sped through objectives as they were assigned which helped after getting burned by the sleeping ginger glitch early on (for traveling away and having side adventures like a dickhead)
In this game all players Hespect the passage of time

Unless you're in between major quest lines and it lets you stall forever and forever 100 years that gets fun too

Kind of surprised there hasn't been any patches yet for this.

There have been three. Mostly bug fixes, addition of vsync and a couple others, at least on pc. Nothing for optimization. It wont come. I've been pc gaming for 5 years, and rarely does the performance of games improve much with patching, save a few with dx12 capability, like Rise of the Tob Raider and Deus Ex MD.

Had three crashes today... Game just froze. Twice during animation. Once during inventory. So I'm spamming saviour potions.

Decided to do the Cuman/Bandit camp. That shit is impossible in stealth mode. So I just went full ninja and spent half a day game killing EVERYBODY. I literally cleared out the entire camp by myself with a bow like fucking Rambo in the caves in part 3. Then I did the sabotage in an empty camp. Loaded up on a lot of gear but I hit the horse/inventory limit and after dumping shit, I came back and the unlooted corpses were gone. Was close to death once but Lazarus and that death cheat perk helped me. Cumans may be tough but six arrows into a captain's head still means dead. Your normal bandits crumple after one shot into the torso...

These vids are great.. do you guys agree with his assessment?

Gonna pick this game up in a few months when it goes on sale and a lot of the bugs are patched.

The way Mack talks about it though it's a brilliant game, "groundbreaking" in fact.

These vids are great.. do you guys agree with his assessment?

Gonna pick this game up in a few months when it goes on sale and a lot of the bugs are patched.

The way Mack talks about it though it's a brilliant game, "groundbreaking" in fact.

No way is it better than Fallout, Skyrim, let alone Witcher 3.

It’s Fallout 3 tech level.

I will buy this game but not until bugs are fixed and maybe a sale price. It looks super promising

Right then

kingdom.png

End Game Stats:

67 hours to reach end credits
World Time Passed: 78 days
Money Acquired: 40,382 groschen
Most Money Carried: 8,456 groeschen
Bandages Used: 1
Total Travel Distance: 195 kilometers
Traveled on Horse: 47 kilometers
Traveled on Foot: 147 kilometers
Time Bleeding: 5 hours
Time Drunk: 29 days
Time as Alcoholic: 0 days
Enemies Killed: 141
Innocents Killed: 39
Quests Completed: 46
Quests Failed: 4
Pursuasion Successes: 58
Dice Games Won: 29
Dice Games Lost: 1
Locks Picked: 41
Lockpicks Broken: 32
Jail Sentences: 2

Overall excellent game. Succeeds best where you play-pretend your henry towards any one style in particular and get creative in your approach to quests, but fails when it snaps back into requiring extremely specific success routes that don't always match player progress or skill build and punishes doing anything weird

or failing one speech check you didn't see coming, or failing to trail characters at specific times of day while the in-game objective tells you to "investigate" a general area. A handful of hour/2 hr long progress wipes due to glitches, but mostly due to my player error, running off and combining quests elsewhere. The game punishes you for multitasking, so you'd best get to task soon after each assignment to avoid the majority of bugs. The most direct playthroughs avoid plenty of shenanigans

Sleep in your owned bed regularly if you cant find saving potions and everything's fine

BEHOLD THE SPOILERS

On THE MAIN QUEST
The ending is rather silly and in no way resembles filling the main quest objectives, as other players said here.

In terms of story structure, it's a rediculously confusing theme

You spark the fire that ignites your destiny - from blacksmith apprentice to Royal Vanguard warrior caste over the death of your blacksmith father and mother...but the moment Henry realizes who his real father is, he starts spamming the "FATHER" button to the New Dad in all caps lock during every cutscene and order relayed, which actually gets to the point where it's entirely un-called for in its majority military contexts. Also it's a huge asshole move of Henry to immediately toss that word all over the script when your other father was the first thing you enter the world valuing and immediately watch murdered in front of you. Maybe put that title back in your locket for a few years.

Also Sir Hans Capon spoils the entire game's open-ended RPG timeline during the final quest when he turns to you and goes "How long has it been??? A few weeks since we've known each other?"

Which immediately makes all players sad for thinking they lived a long and fascinating character arc of hard living and survival and decadence and strife and discovery

But yes technically its been a few weeks. Goddamnit he's right

Last edited:
LOCKPICKING

My advice to all players on xbox one

We were dealt a shittier hand than pc players but we still have our ways

Lockpicking is easier once you learn the circle inside your RS moving around gets biggest at the sweet spot. The game doesn't emphasize this and instead tells you to listen for clicks because f*ck you for lockpicking stuff

As you circle the RS around to match the LS turning the lock you can tell whether the RS sweet spot is inner/outer ring, so at that point you just keep the RS circling at that set distance from center

So long as you slowly rotate LS from top position (north) counterclockwise and your RS rotates close to where you found it, easy and very easy picks will unlock all the stats you need in game for harder stuff (easy lockpicks are most common anyway)

Also worth noting, not all games punish players for "looking" in stuff like pickpocketing and attempting doors but Kingdom Come will treat any attempt to try anything as a crime, which can sometimes extend to peeking inside dead body inventories so be discreet when you loot anything/anyone that isn't a bandit or cuman. I've even seen Cuman inventories glitch to "steal" options rather than "take" which is non-punishable, so watch out. I've been the passive spectator of fights and crimes only to lose serious rep in towns for looking in a dead guy's pockets in the aftermath

Which brings me to

Don't fucking get the "Local Hero" perk

Don't fucking do it

It made my life miserable

It has no redeeming qualities

Don't you think about doing it

(+1 stats bonus in towns with high reputation, becomes harder to raise reputation)

There is another perk "Infamous" at level 10

(where you gain +1 bonus in towns with low rep, but lower rep is harder to get)

Which has no downsides anywhere ever. Having low rep in towns means you have to pay people hundreds of dollars per talking to them once

You don't need a +1 in stats anywhere, you need traders to fucking talk to you for free

and completing main quest objectives, side quests will absolutely fuck your reputation up if you don't figure out the non-violent approach to everything ever

Last edited:
On Archery:

It's a heart

The goddamned bow drift is a heart

Aim slightly above the target with the aiming sight before bow's equipped. Start holding RT taking aim. The bow will either take aim to the left or take aim to the right, then drift back to center with a dipping "heart" motion on a loop. Release as it dips center. Headshot. My wife figured out the heart thing two seconds into Rattay while my mind broke.

I absolutely love this game. I think the eating and sleeping mechanics are annoying because they don't add any degree of difficulty to the game, they're just a nuisance. Those are literally the only mechanics that I don't like. Washing myself is a little annoying too, but it's a cool immersion feature.

I have been out of town since before the most recent patch released. Hopefully they did a good job of improving late game difficulty like the patch notes say. Using a sub par weapon because I was sick of one shotting everyone was kinda lame.

My advice to all players on xbox one

We were dealt a shittier hand than pc players but we still have our ways

Lockpicking is easier once you learn the circle inside your RS moving around gets biggest at the sweet spot. The game doesn't emphasize this and instead tells you to listen for clicks because f*ck you for lockpicking stuff

As you circle the RS around to match the LS turning the lock you can tell whether the RS sweet spot is inner/outer ring, so at that point you just keep the RS circling at that set distance from center

So long as you slowly rotate LS from top position (north) counterclockwise and your RS rotates close to where you found it, easy and very easy picks will unlock all the stats you need in game for harder stuff (easy lockpicks are most common anyway)

Also worth noting, not all games punish players for "looking" in stuff like pickpocketing and attempting doors but Kingdom Come will treat any attempt to try anything as a crime, which can sometimes extend to peeking inside dead body inventories so be discreet when you loot anything/anyone that isn't a bandit or cuman. I've even seen Cuman inventories glitch to "steal" options rather than "take" which is non-punishable, so watch out. I've been the passive spectator of fights and crimes only to lose serious rep in towns for looking in a dead guy's pockets in the aftermath

Which brings me to

Don't fucking get the "Local Hero" perk

Don't fucking do it

It made my life miserable

It has no redeeming qualities

Don't you think about doing it

(+1 stats bonus in towns with high reputation, becomes harder to raise reputation)

There is another perk "Infamous" at level 10

(where you gain +1 bonus in towns with low rep, but lower rep is harder to get)

Which has no downsides anywhere ever. Having low rep in towns means you have to pay people hundreds of dollars per talking to them once

You don't need a +1 in stats anywhere, you need traders to fucking talk to you for free

and completing main quest objectives, side quests will absolutely fuck your reputation up if you don't figure out the non-violent approach to everything ever
About side quests fucking up rep: i think you may have encountered some bugs. I've killed people, hid their bodies, and had no impact on my reputation. I believe the way it worked for me is the intended function.

No way is it better than Fallout, Skyrim, let alone Witcher 3.

It’s Fallout 3 tech level.
I like it better than Skyrim. I also don't like Skyrim as much as most, though.

That's just saying that I enjoy it more than I enjoyed Skyrim. I'm not saying that it is a better game. It's too buggy for that to be a defensible position to take.

About side quests fucking up rep: i think you may have encountered some bugs. I've killed people, hid their bodies, and had no impact on my reputation. I believe the way it worked for me is the intended function.

It was entirely the Local Hero perk

I grabbed it extremely early on convinced it would come in handy in Rattay where my rep was Fabulous and I did most of my trading

Towards the second half of the game though most of the quest objectives shift far north on the map, and it becomes a 6-8 hour fast travel just to get back south, which meant I had to start using Sasau and Ledetchko heavily

Since rep falls faster with the local hero perk I burned all my Sasau goodwill by killing the German knight you form an uneasy truce with. I fixed that reputation eventually only to lose it all over again by killing a wayfarer/trader on the road

I can't stress enough how much the Local Hero perk made my playthrough 5x harder

Everyone get infamous

It is the only whey

It was entirely the Local Hero perk

I grabbed it extremely early on convinced it would come in handy in Rattay where my rep was Fabulous and I did most of my trading

Towards the second half of the game though most of the quest objectives shift far north on the map, and it becomes a 6-8 hour fast travel just to get back south, which meant I had to start using Sasau and Ledetchko heavily

Since rep falls faster with the local hero perk I burned all my Sasau goodwill by killing the German knight you form an uneasy truce with. I fixed that reputation eventually only to lose it all over again by killing a wayfarer/trader on the road

I can't stress enough how much the Local Hero perk made my playthrough 5x harder

Everyone get infamous

It is the only whey
I understand. I hit a bug where using a grinding wheel in sasau counted as theft for some reason and my rep went in the shitter with them. It made using the city completely unbearable for like 5 hours of being forced to do shit in that town until I got far enough in the main story to improve my rep with them. I would have just reloaded a previous save but I didn't realize what had happened until quite a while later.

I didn't take either of those perks because local hero sounds shitty and infamous or whatever it's called doesn't fit with my "good guy Henry" playthrough.

Back