Kingdom Come Deliverance

It's just missing way too much polish and balance to be considered the greatest ever.

Doesn't mean it's not a blast though!
I never expected the greatest. Its an indie game with a great kickstarter campaign and a lot of hype.

The beginning is a buggy mess, and a struggle to get through if you don't know what to expect. But if you play through, it finds its voice. I just hope they plan on adding a lot more.

Its still a very good, unfinished game.

Most of the perks are useless, especially the main level selection of perks, but there are lots of pointless perks. I have unspent perk points all over because a lot of them do more harm than good.

The perks combine to form a greater class of skills.

Just learned alchemy. It's nicely detailed, so used to just pressing 1 button to brew/craft like in most games. I just wish there's more recipes to be found than the about 10 thus far.

Copying this from another website about Alchemy:
"There are only 3 things that matter
1) What the base is (water/wine/oil/spirits)
2) Which herbs you throw in and how much
3) Whether you take the potion from the cauldron directly, or distill it first.

EG to make saviour schnapps:
* Add wine to cauldron
* Add one handful nettle to cauldron
* Add two handfuls belladonna to cauldron
* Pick up vial and apply to cauldron

With the lazy bugged alchemy, I get 2 potions for just shoving everything in the pot and decanting it without doing anything else. If I bother to grind the herbs that need grinding, I get a bonus 3rd potion.

So I would add grinding to the list of things that actually count. Heat is for sure irrelevant and I never even light the fire."

Copying this from another website about Alchemy:
"There are only 3 things that matter
1) What the base is (water/wine/oil/spirits)
2) Which herbs you throw in and how much
3) Whether you take the potion from the cauldron directly, or distill it first.

EG to make saviour schnapps:
* Add wine to cauldron
* Add one handful nettle to cauldron
* Add two handfuls belladonna to cauldron
* Pick up vial and apply to cauldron

With the lazy bugged alchemy, I get 2 potions for just shoving everything in the pot and decanting it without doing anything else. If I bother to grind the herbs that need grinding, I get a bonus 3rd potion.

So I would add grinding to the list of things that actually count. Heat is for sure irrelevant and I never even light the fire."
Brew 4 potions today. All 1 a piece, did as instructed. Maybe it varies. Do like the system though, and was hoping it was a bit more complex from watching pre-release gameplay. But yeah, lots of patching ahead on pretty much all fronts.

I would expect you're right about the bugs, given this genre's history and the fact that as far as I know, this developer doesn't have the experience of a Bethesda studios. But I'm hopeful that the performance won't be a problem because so far I haven't heard any complaints about it from the people who've had access to the game thus far.

I'm guessing this game will have a lot of problems but will have the innovation and charm that only a small developer unconstrained by public expectations (and a big publisher breathing down their necks) can provide. For instance, Morrowind was a very buggy game with a lot of problems, but it was a deeper (and superior) experience compared to the sequels that followed.

The funniest thing about the game's combat narrator is how he describes all defense/parries from a sword to sword approach like the entire game is just you attacking sword-wielding enemies and you never run into a guy who decided to pick up a pike

I am going to spectate the everloving fuck out of this. Don't let me have sex with this game I'll just be over here masturbating in a corner watching some nerd play it real gud

Last edited:
You can name call and question my intelligence all you want. But there is no way this will go down as one of the best RPG's made for PC. Right now is the flash in the pan, no one expected this game to make it as far as it has in terms of sales and quality. But unless people are playing it for years to come (which without the SDK they probably won't be) I can't see it having the longevity to be considered one of the best RPG's ever made.

I'm willing to compromise and admit you've made some good points, but at this point it's sold nowhere near what Skyrim and The Witcher 3 have sold. It's beating them on one platform and that's Steam. I'm hoping that the DLC's they create will breathe new life into it after you finish. But until they reveal what the DLC plans are everyone will be hanging out for the mod tools. If they can release the SDK like they promised this game could easily be bigger than Skyrim. Game of Thrones mod is already being made if they got developer tools to help that the possibilities for this game are endless.
And I get I come off as an asshole I've taken far too many hits to the head through my career boxing and am always on edge.

I mean the whole point of longevity in an RPG gaming layout is whether or not their mechanics wind up being diverse enough to sustain add-ons. Many die-hard fans of World of Warcraft freely declare the graphics look like shit (not unlike Runescape veterans) and yet those games had enough diversity in their character skill leveling and world-building to sustain massive, active populations for years upon years.

Considering what the game devs built not just visually but mechanically with such a low budget I'd say they have enough different features and skill trees at play in their RPG to sustain DLC and new areas/storylines with a little tweaking. It's still far to early to count out its potential to sustain large online communities in future releases. Guarentee you, this initial release will make enough revenue to fund further installments. I predict this will go very far.

....also if you shit on an RPG strict-constraints game for not sustaining modding you are a sad man and you should probably be sticking Randy Savage's head on a cat somewhere in a game far, far away from this one

Modding-accessible only modern gaminflg snobs are literally in the Kroger's day-care center of hardcore gaming.

If you "must mod" (already a trick question in RPGs) modding a game using the game's own engine is for the realest lads. Just look at the massive listed work-arounds players have already discovered in this game and it's only been teetering around on its baby legs for a handful of weeks

Last edited:
Okay, this is unplayable on PS4 after 39 hours in. Never had this sort of issue with stuttering on any console RPG. Makes the game unplayable.

Amazing. The Monty Python bit alone is brilliant.
I don't know what Monty Python is.. but I think it is a funny video. It is funny at the end, where all npcs are like hello good afternoon lol.

I’ve been playing Assassins Creed Origins DLC to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Game looks and runs great on a PS4.

If you have a POWERFUL as fuck PC, I recommend KG because it’s got a lot of cool shit going on. Technically it’s a mess on any platform, especially consoles.

Witcher 3 it ain’t in any aspect despite comparisons.

Last edited:
Still waiting on the major fixes before i buy this. At least they acknowledge it in the comments section on that video.

Loving the game, but just got owned by a bug.
Racing horses, and after a deal of reloading, I am doing super well.
In the lead, taking shortcuts, then BLAM - horse get stuck in the graphics midjump, FML.

Attachments

• 20180225215302_1.jpg
    20180225215302_1.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 6
How is everyone liking the game? I didn't take the time to read through all of this, but I'm assuming it is rough around the edges. How is the atmosphere? Is the combat workable?

after about 30h im starting to get bored

for all its "advanced combat" it means fuck all once you lvl up your skills and gear to the point where every combat is a breeze even when outnumbered

How is everyone liking the game? I didn't take the time to read through all of this, but I'm assuming it is rough around the edges. How is the atmosphere? Is the combat workable?

After only just starting and unlocking Rattay I'm pleased to report it's not as unforgiving as I thought it would be

Pretty much runs into the familiar "stamina" or "low item level" categories of nuisance more than anything mechanics related

I definitely heard multiple attacker battles during the main quest froze all forward progress for a bunch of players whose builds were underleveled, so that's terrifying to not know when that will hit

Lockpicking on console is also scary when you think about how many quests will require them. I hear there will be an "overhaul" possibly released, so if that comes in the form of an update that replaces the mini-game i'll be over the moon. I'd personally rather just roll lockpick success like a speech check and eat the cost in lockpicks on harder chest repeat attempts than manually control everything

Then again we're talking about a game that makes you fan the bellows to keep alchemy water boiling while turning hourglasses so I think automatic lockpicks were never going to happen

...highlights so far have to be forgetting I had Radzig's Master Sword of Fancyness from the start of the game and instead fighting a looter with a rusty axe literally all day until sundown. The next bandit I ran into took two hits with the sword and yielded. I was none too pleased with myself but extremely satisfied with any game that draws a fight to death out over 12 in game hours until the sweaty embattled and exhausted bastards kill each other middle ages style with rusty tools

Last edited:
I like this game. I want to really really like this game. Hell, I want to love this game (despite it's other flaws) but that god damned lock picking mechanic makes me want to throw my controller through my fucking tv.

I don't know if there's ever been a mini game/mechanic like this, that I just can not seem to grasp. I was doing the lockpick training and it took me sooo many tries, and one time...it just randomly unlocked what I had the mechanism like half rolled. I go and do the "find the ring" quest, try to break into his door and I get the damn thing turned 3/4 of the way around, and nothing. Insanely frustrating.

after about 30h im starting to get bored

for all its "advanced combat" it means fuck all once you lvl up your skills and gear to the point where every combat is a breeze even when outnumbered

Yeah, there are some story points where they flood you with enemies and you're supposed to run.. but I didn't need to.

Back