King of the Hill

My friend recently got a new tattoo, looks like this:

cedff8676ae09db36b1aa80a42863938--bobby-hill-makeup-tattoos.jpg

Anyone think this show is underrated? I mean yeah, it received some critical acclaim during it's run, But it's never really mentioned with the heavyweights like The Simpsons or South Park. Watching it as a kid I didn't really think too much of it, But watching it again as an adult I find it freaking hilarious.
It would have done better if that dumb cunt Peggy Hill didn't ruin damn near every episode.

GOAT animated series imo and the only show I own every season of on DVD.

Definitely my go to show when I just want something on in the background.

"Careful Bobby, it's one of those Chinese fighting dogs"

"Actually it's a west highland terrier"

"So are you Japanese or Chinese?"

"I'm laotian -- I'm from laos"
"Huh, the ocean?l"
"Ugh, laos, it's a country inbetween thailand and Vietnam"
".....so....are you Chinese or Japanese?"

Yeah I agree, it's funny. Bobby's school is named after Tom Landry. That shit is funny. I can't hear the word propane without thinking of the show.
or butane the bastard gas

I was randomly thinking of this show today and how it could never be made now. A propane salesman and a substitute teacher would be living in poverty these days.

I was never really into the show, but I respected it.

I'm not gay, I sell propane!

While great and underrated, I think "Bob's Burgers" is better and even more underrated.

Groening et al > Judge > Stone/Parker > McFarland > everyone else.

Yeah Mike Judge is very underrated. Bobs Burgers is an awesome show as well. Like others said it may be making a come back, heard Seth MacFarlane may be helping produce the show. Not sure how I feel about that
I like some of seths stuff, but I'd be really disappointed if any of his liberal views got put into the show, cuz that's the opposite of what hanks all about.

I was randomly thinking of this show today and how it could never be made now. A propane salesman and a substitute teacher would be living in poverty these days.

I was never really into the show, but I respected it.
Given where the live, they're right about middle class.

Definitely one of if not THE best animated show.

Brilliant brilliant show. Been binge watching it lately as I do nearly every year.

Stylistically, Mcfarland is the polar opposite of Judge. Though both are great at what they do, I tell you whut.

Macfarlane can't hold a torch to Mike Judge in my opinion. All his shows have the same premise, same shitty jokes, same plot, same boring families and it seems alot less.. uncreative. They always have filler of stupid shit that takes up multiple minutes of the episode too. I grew out of family guy when I was about 16 and as I got older started watching KOTH again it's ten times better than watching it when I was a kid. If MacFarlane has anything to do with any reboot of KOTH, throw it in the trash and let a good cartoon rest in peace.

It's one of my favorite shows. I grew up in and currently live in Texas and it's really crazy how perfectly they captured the way it is here. I love to watch the show now in the mornings when I'm getting ready for work, sit down and drink a cup of coffee and read about the news/weather with King of the Hill playing in the background, sets the mood just right for my day.

Anyone think this show is underrated? I mean yeah, it received some critical acclaim during it's run, But it's never really mentioned with the heavyweights like The Simpsons or South Park. Watching it as a kid I didn't really think too much of it, But watching it again as an adult I find it freaking hilarious.

I always thought that show was crap and never understood the appeal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back