Media King Mo predicts Jiri's weakness in Pereira fight

Brb confirming that i like the post before returning to watch the video and then post

King Mo has always been a sharp analyst. Before the Morning Kombat days Brian Campbell used to have King Mo on almost every week on his show, was always impressed by his insights. He's one of the few fighters who analyze fights by telling you inside information. King Mo is one of those guys that has a massive network, he's pretty much trained with or has close friends who've trained with all the top fighters so he gets the scoop on everything.

Didn't he ran into a left hook or something?
Sure, without the kicks he would've been faster.
But he just got caught fighting reckless and with bad technique.

So the prediction isn't really special.
Also a left hook prediction wouldn't be special, as it is Pereira's best punch

he didn't lose because of the calf kicks, he lost because he got punched in the face by a KO artist
You probably don't pay attention to setups or dynamics over the course of a fight? You're def right that what took him out of there was a punch. But what got him ready to be taken out was largely calf kicks. If you put any stock in what happens before the KO, anyway.

He lost due to the calf kicks, actually. He was immobilized within the first four minutes of the fight.
Seriously. That Pancake guy acts like calf kicks have no effect on you, but I’m willing to bet he cries like a baby when he walks into the coffee table.

You probably don't pay attention to setups or dynamics over the course of a fight? You're def right that what took him out of there was a punch. But what got him ready to be taken out was largely calf kicks. If you put any stock in what happens before the KO, anyway.

what happened directly before the KO was Jiri hurting Pereira and rushing, like he always does. the calf kicks didn't set that up, like i said before if you pay attention to Jiri's fights HE ALWAYS RUSHES IN. did it make him slower? yes. did the calf kicks compromise his movement? yes. but it didn't directly lead to him losing. like i said before, he was WINNING AFTER he got kicked. if he got KO'd in the first rd after eating all those kicks, yes it would mean it setup the KO. if he reacted to the kicks and then got KO'd by a high kick that he misread, yes the calf kicks setup the KO. those things however, did not happen.

how did the kicks set Jiri up for the KO? did Pereira getting rocked multiple times was also a cleverly disguised setup for the KO also? does Pereira's punches look like his low kicks?

Last edited:
So you don’t think those kicks had an effect on his ability to implement his game plan?

no. did he fight any differently than he usually does? no. do i think the kicks affected him? of course. but not to the degree that it directly led to him being KO'd.

King Mo has always been a sharp analyst. Before the Morning Kombat days Brian Campbell used to have King Mo on almost every week on his show, was always impressed by his insights. He's one of the few fighters who analyze fights by telling you inside information. King Mo is one of those guys that has a massive network, he's pretty much trained with or has close friends who've trained with all the top fighters so he gets the scoop on everything.
He was able to get some big wins in his career with a somewhat limited skillset. His fight IQ is pretty damn good.

no. did he fight any differently than he usually does? no. do i think the kicks affected him? of course. but not to the degree that it directly led to him being KO'd.
You’ve never been kicked by a serious kicker. If you had, you wouldn’t be so ignorant to their effect on not only your game plan, but ability to think clearly and balance on that leg properly.
My goodness, how do dorks that never train get so confident in their ignorance.

what happened directly before the KO was Jiri hurting Pereira and rushing, like he always does. the calf kicks didn't set that up, like i said before if you pay attention to Jiri's fights HE ALWAYS RUSHES IN. did it make him slower? yes. did the calf kicks compromise his movement? yes. but it didn't directly lead to him losing. like i said before, he was WINNING AFTER he got kicked. if he got KO'd in the first rd after eating all those kicks, yes it would mean it setup the KO. if he reacted to the kicks and then got KO'd by a high kick that he misread, yes the calf kicks setup the KO. those things however, did not happen.

how did the kicks set Jiri up for the KO? did Pereira getting rocked multiple times was also a cleverly disguised setup for the KO also? does Pereira's punches look like his low kicks?
Ok. You ignore aspects of a fight that others don't and that's fine. I don't believe Alex gets that KO he got without the calf kicks. In fact, I don't think Alex does much of what he does in fights without the calf kicks. But you are free to differ. As one judge famously said "leg kicks don't hurt" and another said they aren't damage. Fair enough. There are others who see it your way.

You’ve never been kicked by a serious kicker. If you had, you wouldn’t be so ignorant to their effect on not only your game plan, but ability to think clearly and balance on that leg properly.
My goodness, how do dorks that never train get so confident in their ignorance.
"Damage that happens before a KO does not affect how a fighter fights so it can't set up a KO"

- Kenny Florian

he didn't lose because of the calf kicks, he lost because he got punched in the face by a KO artist
He didn’t. But it made him start coming forward non stop to try and shut them out. It was working for a bit, but it also lead him right into the eventual right left that took him out. So they definitely played a role in the way the fight finished

Back